lasso

Concerns and Trust

332 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Anyway honestly I think there should be a law that if you become an american through another american and get your papers that you should then not be alloud to marry a women from your country and bring her here.

Really this goes for women and men if you obtain your paper through marriage and then become divorce you should not be able to bring another alien here.

I wholeheartedly agree! :yes::thumbs:

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
Although I hate agreeing with GEG, being an Arab and understanding Arab culture is not the same as being married to one for 20 years, or 10 years. No matter how long you have been exposed to the culture, you will never be in the so called "inner circle". I have found that whenever I try to tell someone something about Arab culture, they get defensive and upset with what I say.

Why hate agreeing with me? I, and a few others, know something lots of other women here don't know and many don't want to hear. It's easy to be offended by it, call it generalizations; takes more work to deal with it, work it into your paradigm, and allow yourself out of your comfort zone when confronted with ideas that you don't want to have to consider.

I could use a DUBIE right now.

I just had a DUBIE :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:dancing::dancing::dancing:

all of it happens here but we are not muslims here this is a muslim country that expects there women to be pure and they behaive like that.

we dont expect our women to be pure

is this geg? :unsure:

If it's me, it''s also JP and peezy. We've all said the same thing at some point about the difference between Arab and American thinking and culture.

Although I hate agreeing with GEG, being an Arab and understanding Arab culture is not the same as being married to one for 20 years, or 10 years. No matter how long you have been exposed to the culture, you will never be in the so called "inner circle". I have found that whenever I try to tell someone something about Arab culture, they get defensive and upset with what I say.

Why hate agreeing with me? I, and a few others, know something lots of other women here don't know and many don't want to hear. It's easy to be offended by it, call it generalizations; takes more work to deal with it, work it into your paradigm, and allow yourself out of your comfort zone when confronted with ideas that you don't want to have to consider.

I only meant that as a joke.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I, and a few others, know something lots of other women here don't know and many don't want to hear. It's easy to be offended by it, call it generalizations; takes more work to deal with it, work it into your paradigm, and allow yourself out of your comfort zone when confronted with ideas that you don't want to have to consider.

Well, I can't speak for everyone else, but I don't see where no one wants to hear it. In fact, I think everyone's heard everyone else's thoughts quite a bit. It's not offensive, but I'm not quite sure what you're expecting people to do. It's not like one can become an Arab.

Filed: Other Timeline

I think I'm somewhere in the middle. No one can become an arab, this is true. But there are people who refuse to understand this difference in their husbands. Just because he might drink or smoke or seem more open than the stereotypical arab doesn't mean much when you get down to living together, raising kids, sharing finances, making big decisions. And this is a HUGE place I see women just lose it. Not to mention, we all get more conservative as we get older, and I'm not talking about politics, I'm talking about how we spend our time, money, people we associate with, so to think a once open-minded arab wouldn't do the same is just naive. A man returning to his religion falls into this area, too.

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

I think I'm somewhere in the middle. No one can become an arab, this is true. But there are people who refuse to understand this difference in their husbands. Just because he might drink or smoke or seem more open than the stereotypical arab doesn't mean much when you get down to living together, raising kids, sharing finances, making big decisions. And this is a HUGE place I see women just lose it. Not to mention, we all get more conservative as we get older, and I'm not talking about politics, I'm talking about how we spend our time, money, people we associate with, so to think a once open-minded arab wouldn't do the same is just naive. A man returning to his religion falls into this area, too.

:thumbs: excellent post.

I would also like to add, women often say "he is very westernized/americanized". How is that supposed to help? Haven't we all gotten screwed over by a guy here in the US?

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I was just thinking of Queen Noor and the late King Hussein. She was American and He of course, King of the Hashemites. They got along great! Now I'm sure they had some problems just like any other marriage. Even though she had Arab blood, she was americanized!

Andrea Infante

I130

Married August 30, 2005 in Amman Jordan (Zarqa)

Filed I130 September 19

Noa1 receipt September 29 File sent from Nebraska to California branch.

I130 under review/investigation.

I129F (K3)

Sent 129F on 10/19/05 to Chicago.

Received Noa1 11/3/05 from Missouri

Received Noa2and Approved I129F.

National Visa letter saying file moved to Amman. Was completed and sent on 12/16/05.

Received packet from embassy at my attorney's January 15, 2006

Packet mailed to my husband on January 22, 2006

Packet received by embassy on February 5, 2006.

Embassy called in April and set the interview date for August 23, 2006

Embassy called on 7-25 and asked Faisal to interview on 7-26 (nervous wreck but prepared)

7-26-06 Faisal is approved for K3 Visa

8-24-06, Faisal arrives at O'Hare Airport!!!!!!!

EAD filed in middle of September, 2006 approved in middle of October, 2006 and husband working

at end of October, 2006!

AOS I485

5-2-07- Noa1 on AOS

5-18-07-fingerprinting completed

5-25-07-letter received from USCIS from Missouri asking for proof of income from cosponsor.

AOS INTERVIEW SET FOR SEPTEMBER 5, 2007 IN CHICAGO

I was just thinking of Queen Noor and the late King Hussein. She was American and He of course, King of the Hashemites. They got along great! Now I'm sure they had some problems just like any other marriage. Even though she had Arab blood, she was americanized!

You cannot compare King Hussien (God rest his soul) to the average Jordanian man living in a village in Jordan. King Hussein was highly educated in England and traveled to so many countries by the time he was 20. He was also very wealthy and had been married several times before.

I know it seems like an ideal comparison but Queen Noor's father is actually from Syria, her name is Lisa Halaby because they are from the town Halab in Syria. So she was not your average American woman. She is half arab spent much of her time living in MENA. I am americanzied and I have arab blood too. Its simply not the same.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I, and a few others, know something lots of other women here don't know and many don't want to hear. It's easy to be offended by it, call it generalizations; takes more work to deal with it, work it into your paradigm, and allow yourself out of your comfort zone when confronted with ideas that you don't want to have to consider.

Well, I can't speak for everyone else, but I don't see where no one wants to hear it. In fact, I think everyone's heard everyone else's thoughts quite a bit. It's not offensive, but I'm not quite sure what you're expecting people to do. It's not like one can become an Arab.

Arabiya Katabia, you are now an arab

5x5_poof.jpg

arabianphoto_casummertime.jpg

oops

*only a few more hours until the deathly hallows*

harry_potter_fans.jpg

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

harry_potter_fans.jpg

OMG, I know!!! I'm gonna wait till my little sister finsihes though and steal her copy. I just can't leave the house or speak to anyone until then.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

So true :thumbs:

There is a concept in psychology called "mirroring" that is taught in job searching and dating classes. It uses the innate preference we all have for those who reflect you back to you and employs body language, syntax, and other cues to create an impression that will make someone attracted to you. What is attractive and what you want to protect and preserve differs by culture. For example, when we discussed honor killings, it's difficult to conceive of how a relative could kill a loved one to preserve so-called "honor", but this is cultural (not limited to any particular culture). The thinking and triggers behind much of what we do are subtle and cultural. It's not easy to melt into a system if you don't have a feel for the cues behind the motivations involved.

Edited by Green-eyed girl

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

harry_potter_fans.jpg

OMG, I know!!! I'm gonna wait till my little sister finsihes though and steal her copy. I just can't leave the house or speak to anyone until then.

I've got my copy reserved for pick up tomorrow morning at 7:21 am. The husband wasn't convinced that a midnight Harry Potter party would be fun :crying:

Also pissy because dhl is holding my dumbledore's army bag hostage. I have to go ransom it tonight so I can have it in time for tomorrow!

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
i'm convinced a lot of these men marry american women thinking they were okay with the cultural differences, thinking they could handle having a western wife. .. and once they get here and live here a while, they realize its not something they can do. the guilt factor could set it. the culture differences. i'm sure some come here with good intentions of it working out. just like i'm sure some of the women think they can handle an arab man and realize its not for them once they've been married. to each their own! :blush:

Bingo

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

tikbj - I'm curious as to your intentions of your posts. Did you come here to "warn" us against Arab men?

I'm not sure what the whole post for the poll of overage and overweight women on VJ was for. Little odd, don't ya think?

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.