aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello MaryandMian,

Well, to make some corrections, My case was not forwarded to Nebraska SC, my case is forwarded to National Benefits Center in Missouri. Also some one pointed out about a "V nonIV " visa type? can u please let me know what are they..

Oh yeah one more thing.. what is if they put my case in "AP"? what is AP ??

Thanks in Advance..

Hello Everyone..

I need some help regarding my case.

My wife is a green card holder(LPR) and she applied for my petition I130 back in Jan 07 on CSC. From that day till Jan 2009(This month) my case was pending. On Jan 09, I recieved update from USCIS through email that my case was now being processed and send to NBC for further processing, they will let me know if a decission is made or they further require any other document... Any one knows the overall procedure and how much more time will be required for and interview being Scheduled? I think they will send approval notice first NOA2 before sending my details to NVC? please correct me if I am wrong and a detailed process will be very helpful. Do I have to sumbit other forms than I130? since my wife is not a citizen, I cannot submit I485 at the moment till my visa number becomes available.. any other information?

Hello Quaid,

Your case has been moved to another service center, NBC = Nebraska Service Center from CSC = California Service Center. This is the service center that will be in contact with your wife if they have any questions and will make the decision of approval or denial on your case. You are correct that once your case is approved you will receive a NOA2 and then it will be sent to to NVC = National Visa Center.

Since your wife is an LPR she is having to wait on a visa number to become available to you and it does take time. My understanding is you fall in the F2 category of FAMILY-SPONSORED PREFERENCES

Second: Spouses and Children, and Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Permanent

Residents: 114,200, plus the number (if any) by which the worldwide family preference level exceeds 226,000, and any unused first preference numbers:

2A with a 01JUN04 date that they are working on now. So your date will be a couple of years from now if I understand this correct. I am not a lawyer and just have done lots of research and been on this journey myself.

Current Visa Bulletin: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin...letin_4417.html this should be your guide on how your priority date changes.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...pes_1306.html#3 This explains the overview on getting your visa.

Do I have to sumbit other forms than I130?
NO you cannot do this until they are ready for you to submit any documentation and you do not have an approved case as of yet. Usually the NVC does not get your case until they are getting ready to start the processing on it and it most cases it can be a year before the actual start of work on the case. It is putting you in line for the next step once your number does become available.

Also, if your wife gets citizenship she can get your case moved to USC status and you would not need to wait for a visa number to become available to you.

Good luck and hope the information is helpful.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Now that I'm finally here, another journey has begun and I realize I'm a amateur on VJ once again.

On their website it says the SSN will be sent to me... I don't have to do anything. Someone else told me I have to apply for it with AOS. What needs to be done here?

Thank you for any help.

I know this thread is only for people going through the Islamabad Embassy at the moment, but it's the only group I can identify with... and of course, it's a thread Mary visits :)

M, I did a little digging around for you and this is what I found:

"There is a box on the DS-230; however, it does not apply to K-3 filers (K-1 & CR-1 filers can get one without physically going to the SS Office). Once your wife arrives to the US, she must file for an EAD (work permit). Once she receives the EAD, she is eligible to apply for a social security card."

Since you came on the k3, you only turned in the first part of the DS230. The second part of the DS230 where it talked about SSN and all that good stuff was not available, therefore, I dont believe any thing would be mailed out to you. I guessing here that us K3'rs have to do the AOS route. The good thing is that you are with you hubby now and can wait patiently by his side. =0)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=751guide

Adil, I am almost sure your wife has a 2 year card. You need to follow this link and file an I-751 for your wife a 10 year green card. If you have to file through Vermont be prepared for a 11 -13 month wait. If you are lucky and file at the California center it is around 4 -6 months for an approval; just remember to be patient.

We are almost to the point we can file for citizenship and will probably have this process started before our I-751 is approved and card in hand (Vermont here).

I had to sign out for the kids homework and your ID did not show your time line when I tried to access it. Disregard the 10 year renewal information since the time had elapsed I could not modify the original post.

It is going to be two years, since my wife came on the CR-1 visa. It has been such a long time. I remember those old days when I used to come here and be stressed out and try to find ways to shorten the depression of the time without my wife. :)

I was not aware of the I-751 form. My wife's green card expires March 27 of this year. She wants to visit her parents in Pakistan until the end of April.

This applies to us: If you are a Conditional Resident and your status is expiring, these instructions do not pertain to you. You are to use Form I-751 (Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence) to apply to remove the conditions on your permanent resident status.

You said it takes 4-6 months if it is applied to the CA service center and 11-13 months for the Vermont service center. This is a long time. What should I do? Am I too late?

Can my wife not travel now because of the expiring residential card?

P.S. My time line no longer shows because I had to get a whole new login, since they removed my old one. It was probably because I had not signed in for a long time.

Salam Adil,

Its been long time no see, well my wife green card expiring on March as well coz she got CR1 also but no worries, when you file form I-751 and you get NOA1 and then you will another letter saying this will surve as 1 year extension to your green card which you can use it to travel along with ur expire green card and yeh I know the process for I-751 takes about 6 months so thats why they issue temporary extension. hope this help

Wa- Salaam,

Wow, long time no see. How has everything been? Did you file your wife's I-751 yet, infinitboy?

Everything is good and hope same for you, no not yet but I am getting ready to file soon so hopefully by next week

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Quaid,

Hello Everyone..

I need some help regarding my case.

My wife is a green card holder(LPR) and she applied for my petition I130 back in Jan 07 on CSC. From that day till Jan 2009(This month) my case was pending. On Jan 09, I recieved update from USCIS through email that my case was now being processed and send to NBC for further processing, they will let me know if a decission is made or they further require any other document... Any one knows the overall procedure and how much more time will be required for and interview being Scheduled? I think they will send approval notice first NOA2 before sending my details to NVC? please correct me if I am wrong and a detailed process will be very helpful. Do I have to sumbit other forms than I130? since my wife is not a citizen, I cannot submit I485 at the moment till my visa number becomes available.. any other information?

Thanks for the update and I thought the NBC you quoted in your thread was for the Nebraska Service Center since the NVC is what is usually used in abbreviation for the National Benefits Center.

IV vs V visa. I see that ybutt mentioned this and am not sure how he is implying it. IV is considered immigrant visa and V visa is considered like the K-3 or their is a V visa and not too many people fall into the this category.

Who is eligible for a V visa?

-----------------------------

2. Spouses and unmarried children of LPRs whose I-130 petitions were filed on or before December 21, 2000 and whose priority dates are at least three years old are eligible to apply for Vs.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegram...grams_1399.html

Oh yeah one more thing.. what is if they put my case in "AP"? what is AP ??

AP is Administrative Processing or Additional Processing and it happens to 99 percent of the men coming from Islamabad. There is no time frame for this but on average it is running 5-6 months or longer but some cases clear sooner. AP can also happen with the ladies too. It encompasses your name and finger print checks run through various agencies for National Security purposes.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

Hello dhobee,

I can relate to the thread being comfy here too. I see that The_dip_sticks posted here to answer your question and she is correct. You will need to go to your local ss office with your documentation and apply for a card. Only applicants that are coming CR-1/IR-1 usually have their cards mailed to them after their arrival. It is because of the forms that are signed at the embassy.

Good luck on getting your ss card and hope you are enjoying your new home in the US.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

Adil,

No one can tell you exactly how fast the process will be. You need to file asap and then go and check the stats on the Lifting of Conditions Forum. Sometimes it takes 2 weeks or longer for a NOA and then the biometrics can be anywhere from weeks to months. Just depends on the service center and how fastly they are working.

The sooner you file the better since you are wishing to travel.

CSC time lines in LOC forum. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...6586&st=360

VSC time lines in LOC forum. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry2555197

What happened to Chaingang? Did he ever get his visa? Anyone heard from him in a while?

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

What happened to Chaingang? Did he ever get his visa? Anyone heard from him in a while?

BTW the embassy finally replied to my email i sent a month ago .

Adm processing still pending :(:angry: !!!!

Didnt expect anything different or i would have had to be taken to the Emergency Room for a Heart Attack :crying:

OurTimeline

11/29/2007--------NOA1

Naturalization

02/06/15-------------NOA

Timeline

Hello Everyone :)

The Embassy has contacted all of our wedding witnesses by phone this week.

I certainly hope this is the last thing they need to do. It has been five and a half months of AP now.

peace

~kris

08/02/2010 Green Card
04/12/2016 N-400 sent to USCIS Lockbox in AZ Filing Date
04/13/2016 N-400 Delivered to USCIS
04/18/2016 Check Cashed
04/13/2016 NOA I-797C Receipt Notice Date
05/12/2016 Fingerprints Bio-metrics appointment date
05/16/2016 E-notification of interview scheduling
07/16/2016 Received official letter regarding interview
08/16/2016 Date of Interview
09/01/2016 Date Oath Ceremony
Field Office: Chicago, IL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I certainly hope this is the last thing they need to do. It has been five and a half months of AP now.

peace

~kris

good lucks girl!

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Well its getting darn close Kris. Fingers cross. give it another month. and check to see where the embassy is at ask them if they about ready for final processing since its been a month since they verified wedding witnesses. Qudah Hafiz!

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Timeline

Good luck Kris,

It is good to know that they are in the review stages now and hopefully that visa will be in hand shortly.

peace

~kris

Congratulations Kris, At least you know they are working on your case. Im happy for you, I hope you get the visa soon. I made an Info Pass today to try to find something out, the lady was very rude to me and made me cry. To them, we are just another number not human beings. Good luck to you, I wish you all the happiness in the world.

OurTimeline

11/29/2007--------NOA1

Naturalization

02/06/15-------------NOA

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.