aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

thanks for sharing your interview experience. I hope your wife is feeling better..

it seems like if u send in the doc they requested as soon as possible and passport then they may issue u the visa without any AP.. but if they put u on AP then that means couple of months..

dont woryy inshallah eveything will be fine

No dear you did not get me.

He put me on AP but when i told him that we have an emergency and my wife is sick then he said that he can do only one thing which is that when will get the document at that time i can aslo send them my pasport via AMEX.

My question is that is this a good sign they asked me passport too while he put me on AP?

and what does it mean?

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

No dear you did not get me.

He put me on AP but when i told him that we have an emergency and my wife is sick then he said that he can do only one thing which is that when will get the document at that time i can aslo send them my pasport via AMEX.

My question is that is this a good sign they asked me passport too while he put me on AP?

and what does it mean?

hmmmm only he knows whats in his mind=))) but we culd hope for good.. and hope n pray that u rec'v ur visa as soon as possible ...

i wuld intepret this in two ways:

1. though he has given you the 'blue' paper he prolly won't request the name clearance after u send in the passport.. again that blue slip doesn't mean you require name clerance it simply means your case requires futher processings .. now the good news is:. he might 've given you this 'blue' sheet and for you admin processings simply means missing docs. once provided visa will b issued

2. though u have a family emergency... he believes you culd 'possibly' be a potential threat to the country n strongly believes that security checks should b done

lets hope it's #1... i suggest rather than worrying about this... make all efforts to submit your missing paperworks ASAP n submit your passport w/a letter reminding them of your emergency.

good lucks n prayers

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
My question is that is this a good sign they asked me passport too while he put me on AP?and what does it mean?

He wouldn't have asked for the passport if he had put u on AP. I think dats good that he asked u...He(or they) can't hold on 2 ur passport 4 very long. Inshallah you will get ur Visa soon.

How's your Wife doing ??

No western has ever come close to this one....and no western ever will.

once-upon-a-time-in-the-west2.jpg

ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST

Thanx for ur reply.My wife is just waitnig for me badly coz she needs me, shes not well.

CO gave me blue slip in which he mentioned me the original Translated marriage certificate and he also showed me the green slip and he said besides it your case also need some administrative processing. He said you have to send us the original translated marriage paper.

Green slip was for AP and blue slip was for missing document.He also asked abt my passport.

So he put me on AP and as well as in missing document.

What u can tell me abt it.

Waiting for ur response.

Sibtain

Timeline
My question is that is this a good sign they asked me passport too while he put me on AP?and what does it mean?

He wouldn't have asked for the passport if he had put u on AP. I think dats good that he asked u...He(or they) can't hold on 2 ur passport 4 very long. Inshallah you will get ur Visa soon.

How's your Wife doing ??

they do keep ur passpot at times even if u r in AP.. i have come across several ... this lady on another forum is thinking to request her parent's passport from the embassy which they have kept since their interview in JUNE of 2006!!!! the poor man has been in AP since then..

but why do i think that once u submit missing docs and passport u will b issued visa .. again i recommend you compose a letter reminding them of your wife's ailment.. and sent it w/the passport and nikah contract..

dun worry about this right now.. just focus on submitting paperwork=) n hope for good

duas,

Yesterday is history, Tomorrow's a mystery. Today is a gift; that'swhy they call it "the present".

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

AP is a given and as Revived has mentioned be prepared in case you have to endure it. NO ONE can tell you how long it will take for your security checks, fingerprints, etc to clear. I have been on here many years and have seen many requests for medical expedite and it does not happen overnight in all cases. One member by the name of Ali comes to mind and he had to wait for AP and had a lawyer involved too with his case. The embassy told him AP is a matter of National Security and no one could expedite his case.

Good luck on getting them the missing document and hope that your waiting time for a visa is not too long.

Edited by MaryandMian

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Thanx for ur reply.My wife is just waitnig for me badly coz she needs me, shes not well.

CO gave me blue slip in which he mentioned me the original Translated marriage certificate and he also showed me the green slip and he said besides it your case also need some administrative processing. He said you have to send us the original translated marriage paper.

Green slip was for AP and blue slip was for missing document.He also asked abt my passport.

So he put me on AP and as well as in missing document.

What u can tell me abt it.

Waiting for ur response.

Sibtain

If you dont mind me asking but is your last name common like Khan or all those other ones? I know there is no specific reason to AP but I hve heard some people say this matters too. Interviews have become more scary then exciting these days because we dont know if we will get AP or not. I realy hope you will get your visa soon. good luck

Timeline

Yah nobody is special in PK , even a senators niece..Background checks is background checks, from fingerprints to name to a more detailed cable involving all departments of government from dept of education to agriculture.. Only citizens have rights.. so be thankful you are in the running...Inshallah and in time it will turn out ok..most americans think that we are @ a psuedo war with pk ..enemy number one resides in PK..so nothing or noone will be overlooked. OK. soo Chillax brother

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

SALAM!!!!! Great news guys, we got the call, and they'll be here soon inshaAllah. Wooooohoooooooooooooooooo :D

Good luck eveyone else :)

Don't know how but my gender is set to male. I'm female. :)

7/3/11-married!

8/3/11-Sent I-130

8/5/11-NOA1

8/8/11-touched.

Thanx for ur replies and thanx for senior member reply.

Yes ofcourse in these days i m just focusing on the missing document,which i m gonna submit with my pasport in 2 weeks.

How many days they can keep your passports while they put on AP?

I have heard that the new AP which r on for these days r getting less time as compared to previous.

I wanna know that should i contact to congressman or senator for this coz my wife is really not well she is very sick.

CO also told me that if u think your visa is taking more time then you can contact to congressman or senetor.

Should i contact them?And if yes then when?

Will it work?

Waiting for replies?

Sibtain

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
SALAM!!!!! Great news guys, we got the call, and they'll be here soon inshaAllah. Wooooohoooooooooooooooooo :D

congrats! so ur AP is over, alhumdulillah!

must feel nice... u were told by DOS couple of weeks ago right that ur AP is done? and u just got the call from embassy?

u brought us all on AP some hope

good luck with everything!

do u know why u were on AP? did CO officer tell u during interivew?

10-12-07 -mailed i130 to VSC

10-16-07- received by VSC

1-11-08- i130 NOA1

2-24-08-view case online

4-19-08- i130 NOA2

4-24-08- NOA2 hardcopy received

4-24-08- NVC CASE #ASSIGNED MDR

5-04-08- EMAILED CHOICE OF AGENT TO NVC

5-05-08- DS3032 AND AOS fee bill was generated today

5-05-08- paid AOS fee bill $70 online

5-07-08- AOS FEE now says PAID online, can print cover sht.

5-07-08*cald NVC and msg says AOS $recvd

5-12-08-DS3032 EMAIL Accepted

5-13-08*cald NVC and msg now says DS3032 choice of agent has been received.

5-13-08-mailed AOS i864 packet w/printed cover sheet from online payment (certified mail- priority)

5-15-08-AOS packet received by NVC

5-18-08 iv FEE bill invoiced

5-18-08 iv fee $400 paid online

5-20-08-iv fee cleared, able to print covr shet online

5-21-08-mailed DS230 packet to NVC via priority mail

5-29-08 aos ACCEPTED

5-29-08- DS 230 entered in system

6-3-08-cse cmplte.

6-11-08 case left NVC to chennai via DHL

6-16-08 case reached chennai

7-2-08 appt letter received by beneficiary

7-4-08 medical done in chennai

7-28-08 interview- AP for 4-6 weeks (awaiting name chk clearance-told by chenai operator)

8-20-08 chennai forwarded file to DOS- according to inquiry from congressmans office

(also confirmed by DOS)

8-28-08 file reached DOS- told by operator

9-2-08- last update to case,told by DOS

12-12-08 emailed chennai embassy asking status of our case, and got email to send passport..

12-15-08 submitted passport to vfs

12-19-08 VISA ISSUED! in hand!

12-25-08 hubbys arrival! smooth POE!

1-16-09 green card arrives

1-27-09 SSN card in mail

Timeline

congratulations to your sister in law !

Timeline

Yes ofcourse in these days i m just focusing on the missing document,which i m gonna submit with my pasport in 2 weeks.

I have heard that the new AP which r on for these days r getting less time as compared to previous.

I wanna know that should i contact to congressman or senator for this coz my wife is really not well she is very sick.

CO also told me that if u think your visa is taking more time then you can contact to congressman or senetor.

Will it work?

Waiting for replies?

Sibtain

I say contact any or all parites to your knowledge who might b able to assist you in this... no harm... mayb one of em will bring good news!! try everythin' n anythin' to expedite your case!!! (thatis anything in legal bounderies LOL)...

praying for your wife n ur safe journey,

Filed: Timeline

Will it work?

Waiting for replies?

Sibtain

I say contact any or all parites to your knowledge who might b able to assist you in this... no harm... mayb one of em will bring good news!! try everythin' n anythin' to expedite your case!!! (thatis anything in legal bounderies LOL)...

praying for your wife n ur safe journey,

submit what they asked for , also submit passport , it wont harm you , it will save time for you , when your ap is finished so they can print visa on it with out calling you and requesting for passport ,

sorry to say u will be in AP if CO told you , honestly senator , congress man cant help , just give them wat they asked and then rest leave to Allah , and keep things to Allah

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Will it work?

Waiting for replies?

Sibtain

the only thing i can tell you or suggest you please wait dats it you or congressman or anybody can not do any thing about A/P just wait and pray

have gud one

zaid khan

Jan 18th 2002 - submit my case by my father when he was GC Holder

March1st 2002 - I-130 sent.

June 24th 2006 - APPROVED

NVC FOR IR2 (I-130)

12/13/06 - NVC receives petition and case # assigned.

March 20th 2007 - CASE COMPLETED!!! Thanks ALLAH

March 25th 2007 - Case fwd to Islamabad embassy

US EMBASSY Islamabad

Nov 05th 2007 - Medical Appointment

Nov 19th 2007 - INTERVIEW IN Islamabad (APPROVED PUT ON AP)

Dec 15th 2007- AP CLEARED IN 27 DAYS

Dec 26th 2007 - Visa Printed in Islamabad embassy

Jan 17th 2008 - ALHAMDULILLAH VISA IN HAND

feb 10th 2208 - arrived in USA

USA LIFE

feb 12th 2008 -apply for Social Security Card

Feb 20th 2008 -Received Social Security Card in Mail

Feb 21th 2008 - Apply for State ID (ID Card) got same time

Feb 29th 2008 - Wel Come To USA Letter Received In Mail

March 07 2008 - Green Card Recevied With vild for 10 years

March 10 2008 - Open Bank Account And Got Account Number same time

March 12 2008 - Admission In a English School to learn english

Mach 12 2008- Apply For the JObs

April 03 2008 - apply for driving licence and get same day

Oct 01 2008 Got a JOb

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.