aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Salaam....hello everybody

I just wanted to share some good news.

We finally got our approval notice via email on Feb 20th. We have been waiting for over 8 mths and now, we will be moving on to NVC.

I was wondering........about how long would it take for NVC to get our case.(2-6wks?) Also, what documents should my husband be getting in order from Pakistan? I know , we still have a long journey ahead of us, but it was a sigh of relief just to get through uscis.

thanks & Allaah Hafiz

Aisha-Qasim

A big Congrat Aisha. You should be receiving p3.5 within 2 to 4 weeks. I got mine in 3 weeks. Good luck :thumbs:

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We finally got our approval notice via email on Feb 20th. We have been waiting for over 8 mths and now, we will be moving on to NVC.

I was wondering........about how long would it take for NVC to get our case.(2-6wks?) Also, what documents should my husband be getting in order from Pakistan? I know , we still have a long journey ahead of us, but it was a sigh of relief just to get through uscis.

thanks & Allaah Hafiz

Aisha-Qasim

A big Congrat Aisha. You should be receiving p3.5 within 2 to 4 weeks. I got mine in 3 weeks. Good luck :thumbs:

What is packet 3.5? I mean, we just got our NOA2 from USCIS,,,,,,, :dance: after 259 days :wacko:

So, I was wanting to know, what documents should my husband be getting prepared , while our case is in transit to NVC?

thanks for the help

Aisha

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

You wont get packet 3.5. that comes after your case has been sent to US embassy. the NVC is going to send you a $70 bill for affidavit of support. They will then send you an affidavid of support. they ask for form DS 230 and $380 visa application fee. it will be a good idea to get your affidavit of support form I-864 filled out and all your tax information, such as tax returns ready to send right away when they ask. Also just have form DS230 filled out and signed by your husband so you can send it right when they ask for it.

Hope that helped.

thanks & Allaah Hafiz

Aisha-Qasim

What is packet 3.5? I mean, we just got our NOA2 from USCIS,,,,,,, :dance: after 259 days :wacko:

So, I was wanting to know, what documents should my husband be getting prepared , while our case is in transit to NVC?

thanks for the help

Aisha

Timeline

Congratulations Aisha, Mysteriousghost is correct in that you have a few more steps before your case gets to the embassy.

Mary

You wont get packet 3.5. that comes after your case has been sent to US embassy. the NVC is going to send you a $70 bill for affidavit of support. They will then send you an affidavid of support. they ask for form DS 230 and $380 visa application fee. it will be a good idea to get your affidavit of support form I-864 filled out and all your tax information, such as tax returns ready to send right away when they ask. Also just have form DS230 filled out and signed by your husband so you can send it right when they ask for it.

Hope that helped.

thanks & Allaah Hafiz

Aisha-Qasim

thanks for the help

Aisha

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

thanks & Allaah Hafiz

Aisha-Qasim

thanks for the help

Aisha

**Correction on my last comment**...Your case will go through NVC process (usually takes 3 months without using James shortcut). Once that process is done, they will transfer to ISL. Sorry I didn't see your profile and thought u were K3 case..

Timeline

Asmo....that is okay....I just appreciate the help :) I just dont want to start feeling overwhelmed with all the "nvc" forms that need to be filled out and I just need to tell Qasim, exactly what he would need to prepare for on his side.

I really don't think , we will be using the shortcuts, because I don't want to make a mistake. So, I guess once our I 130 gets to NVC and just take our time and make sure everything is correct.

What documents should my husband go ahead and get together now? I want to let him know, so he can start working on this stuff come Monday.

Thanks for everything ......

Hello Mary and thanks for the congrats..........I didn't know when i would ever make it over here :D

Aisha

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Timeline

Read this guide about NVC process and the fee guidelines

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/NVC_Pr...wchart_v1-2.pdf

Description of Service and Fee Amount

* Filing an immigrant visa petition (Collected for USCIS and subject to change)

o Petition to classify status of alien relative for issuance of immigrant visa, select USCIS, Form I-130 for fees and form.

* Immigrant visa application processing fee (per person), Form DS-230 : $355.00

* Immigrant visa security surcharge, for all IV and DV applicants: $45.00

* Affidavit of Support Review (only when AOS is reviewed domestically), Form I-864 : $70.00

thanks & Allaah Hafiz

Aisha-Qasim

Asmo....that is okay....I just appreciate the help :) I just dont want to start feeling overwhelmed with all the "nvc" forms that need to be filled out and I just need to tell Qasim, exactly what he would need to prepare for on his side.

I really don't think , we will be using the shortcuts, because I don't want to make a mistake. So, I guess once our I 130 gets to NVC and just take our time and make sure everything is correct.

What documents should my husband go ahead and get together now? I want to let him know, so he can start working on this stuff come Monday.

Thanks for everything ......

Hello Mary and thanks for the congrats..........I didn't know when i would ever make it over here :D

Aisha

Congratulations Aisha, :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: Im so happy for you. Safiya and I are still waiting on the other side. Hopefully we will get NOA2 soon. Inshallah. BTW Did u make it thru the ice storm? Good Luck on the rest of your journey hopefully everything will go smoothly and ur hubby will be here before u know it enjoying the good ol midwest. :P

Dana

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

well alhamdulillah, my wife got her green card. but now we have a 2 year waiting period (SH#3) for removal of conditions. . now my question is this if our marriage was on Jan 29 2006, and she got her interview on Jan 28 2008, should we be getting the restricted Green card(2 year), or the 10 year green card.

Edited by hafiz

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

After a very long, painful and a rough journey, my visa was finally issued on last Friday. This site has been extremely helpful and kept us going through some very rough times. I would especially like to thank Marry for being very kind, supportive and helpful. I would also like to thank everyone else who contribute their experience on this website and have given their tips/suggestions to me in the past.

My wife and I are going to New York together on the 28th. We are not sure if are going to stay there for long but we have decided to avail the opportunity for now, particularly after such a tortuous route.

I would welcome your input, suggestions, and experience of POE at the JFK, NY. Please let me know what happens there, what kind of interview (questioning) I should expect there.

Thank you all again!

Nair.

Timeline
After a very long, painful and a rough journey, my visa was finally issued on last Friday. This site has been extremely helpful and kept us going through some very rough times. I would especially like to thank Marry for being very kind, supportive and helpful. I would also like to thank everyone else who contribute their experience on this website and have given their tips/suggestions to me in the past.

My wife and I are going to New York together on the 28th. We are not sure if are going to stay there for long but we have decided to avail the opportunity for now, particularly after such a tortuous route.

I would welcome your input, suggestions, and experience of POE at the JFK, NY. Please let me know what happens there, what kind of interview (questioning) I should expect there.

Thank you all again!

Nair.

Congratulations and your very welcome. Here is a link to the POE for JFK http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/poereviews.php.

well alhamdulillah, my wife got her green card. but now we have a 2 year waiting period (SH#3) for removal of conditions. . now my question is this if our marriage was on Jan 29 2006, and she got her interview on Jan 28 2008, should we be getting the restricted Green card(2 year), or the 10 year green card.

Haifz,

I would think that they made an error and she should of gotten the IR-1 since you had been married over 2 years at the time of issuance. I would make and INFO-pass appointment and see if they can rectify this without having to pay any more fees. Good luck.

Mary

Thank you all again!

Nair.

Congratulations and your very welcome. Here is a link to the POE for JFK http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/poereviews.php.

Haifz,

I would think that they made an error and she should of gotten the IR-1 since you had been married over 2 years at the time of issuance. I would make and INFO-pass appointment and see if they can rectify this without having to pay any more fees. Good luck.

Mary

It is official now we mailed off our I-751 on Saturday and now back to the waiting game.

Edited by MaryandMian

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Haifz,

Mary

Also mary i got 2 emails from uscis stating that a green card production has been ordered. the first was for FEb 7 2008 and the card arrived on FEb 19 2008. The second email came stated that green card production ordered on FEB 12 2008. So maybe they issued another one? lol. i will call and find out.

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
We just submitted packet 3.5 to ISL. This is F4 case for family Immigration Visa for Brother and Sisters (including their families).

Do some one know how long it will take to get Packet 4 after you submit packet 3.5 at ISL??

Do you get your interview dates after you submit packet 3.5 or you have to wait till ISL recieve packet 4?

Also can some one tell me what forms or what docuements we will need for packet 4.

We have already sent following with packet 3.5.

DS 230 Part I and Part II (Only Part I is signed)

• Birth Certificates Originals plus copies
  • Police reports original plus copy
  • Marriage certificate copy
  • 2 Photos of each
  • Copies of Passport
I-864
  • Last 3 years taxes 1040's and W2's
  • Employment Letter
Thanks in advacne if some one can reply on Packet 4 infomation.

AH

Hi Hadam,

My parents applied for an F4 Visa for my dad's brother and they have a priority date of Aug. 1999. Does anyone know how long it will take for them to get the visa?

From what I have read, each month of files takes about 3 months of today's time to complete.

just wondering if anyone has any information on this

Thanks alot

Gohar

05 - 21 - 07 -- Mailed to TSC

05 - 23 - 07 -- Priority Date on NOA1

05 - 29 - 07 -- Check Cashed (Received WAC# off of check)

08 - 02 - 07 -- Call to USCIS for NOA1

10 - 10 - 07 -- NOA2 Issued

11 - 06 - 07 -- Mailed to NVC

11 - 13 - 07 -- NVC began working on petition

11 - 15 - 07 -- NVC mailed to ISB Embassy

12 - 04 - 07 -- Received Packet 3.5 (First Round)

12 - 11 - 07 -- Sent Packet 3.5

12 - 14 - 07 -- US Embassy Received Packet 3.5

01 - 17 - 08 -- Received Packet 4 (Medical & Police Report)

03 - 25 - 08 -- Interview Date - Complete

03 - 27 - 08 -- Case transferred to US, AP begins

07 - 29 - 08 -- Mailed Passport for Visa (Approx. 4 months)

08 - 07 - 08 -- Visa in Hand :-)

09 - 13 - 08 -- Flight to JFK

pakistan_b.gifUSA_b.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey Islo town, I just wanted to share the good news with you all that my little bro recived a call from U.S embassy in Islambad while I was at work and they told him that I got approved for k1 and I should mail my passport to the U.S embassy to get it stamped for the visa :dance: I mailed my passport through American express today. It will take about a week to 10 business days to get it back. AX will inform me when they get my passport back.

As soon as I heard the news, I called my fiance and she was so happy that she started crying (tears of happines :) ) I was in AP since october 9th of 07 so about 5 months of wait which wasn't bad. This time has build a lot of patience in me so I wanted to give a shout to all AP waiting parties to be patient and soon you will hear good news as they say, there is always light at the end of the tunnel which is so true. I wanted to thank every body in this forum who helped me out and wish every body good luck. May God be with you to get through this time. Peace guys.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey all,

For the past couple weeks I have been emailing ISL Embassy alot. Do you guys think e-mailing too many times will effect my case (K-1).

Taufik

07 - 04 - 07 -- Mailed to CSC

07 - 07 - 07 -- Check Cashed (Received WAC# off of check)

07 - 17 - 07 -- NOA1

11 - 31 - 07 -- NOA2 Issued

12 - 31 - 07 -- Mailed to NVC

01 - 07 - 08 -- NVC mailed to ISB Embassy

01 - 20 - 08 -- Received Packet 3.5 (First Round)

02 - 15 - 08 -- Sent Packet 3.5

05 - 13 - 08 -- Interview Date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.