aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
The embassy has asked to bring the following items at the time of the interview:

The Interview letter

Wedding photographs and any additional proof of an ongoing maritial relationship (such as photos, letters, phone bills, etc)

If $335 fee has already been paid on your behalf at the NVC in the US, you have to pay an additional $45.

The Passport

My questions are the followings:

What aditional proof of relationship other than letters and phone bills people have taken to their interviews? I usually use phone cards for phone conversations and sms & chat for other conversations so don't have emails or phone bills.

Second, I paid the $45 fee at NVC as well. Is this some other kind of fee that they are asking or same fee and I need to inform them that I have already paid it?

Thanks.

We took all the evidence and it was barely looked at. But I had landline bills for over one year of phone calls to show since the phone cards unless you had print outs to number were unadmissable. We had bills in our name joint, wedding photos, cards, and letters. Copy of first emails from 2003 and a few in between and recently. He also had exact copies of everything sent and received on the application in the same order as they were received.

I gave Ishteaq a copy of my cancelled check for the NVC fees. The 45.00 is for the fingerprints if you had not paid them already. His file showed already paid when he got to window.

Good luck and all the best on your interview. I think your bringing a female over will not have any problems. If you were bringing a husband I would tell you to be prepared for AR/AP.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Perdesi bring the following

1.. PHONE CARDS dont count toss them in the trash.

2. bring cards and letters from family regurding your wedding.

3. letters from your and her parents in support of the marriage

4. did you add your wife to work insurance? if not better add her. show letter showing they added her. if you get her insurance card in time send it still attached to the paper and the envelope.

5.. my husband is the benif. on my 401k and stuff. I made a copy of the form that I added him.

6.. bring wedding DVDs if you have them

7.. she will need to bring letter you send her. and letter she sent you.

so send a FEDEX of all proof you have.

8.. all your chats.

9.. receipts of the wedding. ring recipts..etc..

this is all I can think of right now ..I hope this helps..

shon.gif

Timeline

Well we start a new week tomorrow and wanted to wish everyone good luck. I also wanted to remind those of us contacting the embassy that they will be closed on February 9th and 10th for the Muslim holiday of Muharram. Come on Islamabad and give us all some good news this week. :dance:

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Hi everyone,

how is everyone doing? i have been away for a while trying to enjoy married life and taking care of things at home. everything is going great for us. sometimes i look back at the time that we spent apart and i dont even remember it. it doesnt seem real all that time. so how is everyone doing in their visa process? any news from shon, mary, ZR, jess, jenny and others i forgot. hope a lot of you got your visas already and are with your loved ones. wishing everyone good luck. shamaila.

Shamaila and Khalid's visa journey timeline:

wedding: september 10, 2004

I-130 file to TSC: September 29, 2004

I-130 transferred to CSC NOA1: October 6, 2004

I-130 approved: January 26th, 2005

nvc timeline:

case in the system assigns case#: feb 9th, 2005

case completed: may 19th, 2005

case transferred to islamabad: may 31st, 2005

islamabad embassy:

husband receives packet 3.5: june 11th, 2005

husband sends back packet 3.5: july 5, 2005

embassy sends interview letter: july 26th, 2005

interview scheduled for: october 24, 2005

new interview date: september 15, 2005 (5 days after 1st wedding anniversary)

sept. 15, 2005: interview at embassy. 221 (g) for missing doc. and AR, passport kept.

sept. 28, 2005: husband finally received police certificate in hand. alhumdullilah..

10-03-2005: submitted police cert. and fingerprints

On AR: 10-3-05

11/15/05: DOS complete security clearance on my husband. case currently under Officer review in islamabad.

visa issued: 11-22-2005

12-19-2005: POE at ATL. went great. home with extremely happy wife. THANK YOU GOD AND EVERYONE AT VJ.

shamila, thanks for making your Cameo. I dont blame you for not rembering this AR stuff. I am sure alot of us will avoid VJ once we get visas in hand. then make cameos too. I will be here after - because of my career goals. anyways. we got case complete on our CR1 last week.

still no visa yet. so we wait.

Mary is waiting too. for what reason I will never know she applied for the CR1. please keep us all in your prayers ZR got her visa. praise god. please check out off topic ISL. there is a new cheerleading list I have been posting!!!

shon.gif

Timeline

Hello Shamilla,

I am happy to see your post. No news on our status as of yet as Shon said. Just playing the wait and see game. On the 15th it will be out 45 days not counting the holidays and weekends. I will inquire then and see. We are still at embassy level and nothing on file with DOS. Take care.

Mary

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hi everyone,

i just received a letter from nvc stating that my case regarding k-3 will be sent to the embassy. is this the noa2? however, i don't see notice of approval anywhere on the letter. in the letter it also states that my husband will receive a packet with instructions on how to apply for the k3 visa. is this packet #3? they also told me to go to this email address >>> travel.state.gov

why did they give me this address? can i found out the staus of the case through this address?

at this point i just want him to get here ASAP. so far, it seems like it will be K-3 visa as it is on its way to the embassy already. the CR1 (i-130) seems like it may take a lot of time before it reaches the embassy ...at least another 2 or 3 months based on all the paperwork (i-864, IV bill, ds-230) that still needs to be filled out. i also found out that the IV bill is $380!!! that's a lot of money for me right now. it seems to me right now that the $380 will be a waste of money. am i right or wrong?? do you think that we should still pursue the i-130???

i'm getting all the following together:

1-A copy of the entire I-129f and I-130 package

2-notarizedAffidavit of Support form (i will need a co-sponsor as well, should i prepare co-sponsor i-134 as well??)

3-A copy of the letter above that i received in the mail from nvc

does islamabad embassy want the i-134 or the i-864 for the interview?

is there anything else i should be gathering together before i send it to my husband for his packet #3?

thanks,

molly

Edited by cons

TIMELINE

10/24/05 I-130 package sent

11/02/05 I-130 NOA1

11/14/05 I-129f package sent

11/22/05 I-129f NOA1

12/12/05 I-130 RFE

12/20/05 I-130 RFE sent

01/04/06 I-129f RFE

01/05/06 I-129f RFE sent

01/10/06 I-130 approved online

01/12/06 NVC receives case

01/13/06 NVC assigns case #

01/20/06 I-129f approved online

01/27/06 AOS bill received

01/28/06 AOS bill sent

01/30/06 DS-3032 received

02/04/06 DS-3032 sent

02/06/06 NVC sent I-129f to embassy

02/15/06 AOS form received

02/18/06 IV bill received

02/24/06 Pckt 3 recvd from embassy

03/??/06 IV bill sent

04/07/06 Interview for K-3 @embassy

04/07/06 Put on AR/AP review

04/30/06 NVC fwds case (I-130/CR1) to embassy

11/17/06 Embassy sends letter for CR1 Interview

Cons glad you finally posted..

1... you need to keep persuing both the K-3 and the CR1.

K-3 is intially supposed to allow your husband to come to the USA. CR1 is his green card. pay the fees when the bills come to you. dont be like me and hesitate. < fee will go up in APRIL > so pay the FEE.

2.. so far you are doing everything right. my advise is gonna be. if the USICS/ NVC send you a Form

fill it out send it off. < over night it >

because, you are dealing with the ISL embassy- they are extremely slow. so dont add to YOUR delay by hesitating on the papers.

3...your notice is a little delayed. - what your husband should be contacting the embassy and finding out when they sent the packet 3. and have him double check his mailing address. also, the packet normally has the interview date on it.

4.. if you want the date sooner than what the embassy give you. have your congressman write a letter having your interview date pushed up < this is what your tax dollers pay for - use it >

5.. for K-3 interview you need I-134 for CR1 you need I-864

6.. when hubby get his packet 3. there will be a long check list and a Drs list.

7.. please post very often so you stay in the loop. we can help guide you along and get a little insider knowlege. if your husband get AR/AP we can offer you good support..

any more questions??????????????????????????????

shon.gif

Timeline

Molly, glad to see your posting here with us. As Shon said keep in the loop with us so we can continue to help you in your processing.

1. Congrats on getting the K3 to the embassy.

2. Make sure to make copies of your NOA1 and all letters to send to your husband for his interview. I put it all in order for my husband.

3. Your K3 should be at the embassy in few weeks. It is sent via an electronic cable and then the hard copy later. Once both copies are matched up they contact your husband with a packet. Inside his packet will be a list of documents he will need to submit, a list of doctors for him to have his medical done.

4. You will need your co sponsor to fill out their forms and have them notarized as well. Start this now so you can send to your husband soon. Usually the interview is few months out.

5. Make sure you send any bills you have in names jointly, pictures, phone bills and such for his evidence at his interview. If he has any musical cards they are not allowed.

Good luck and let us know how your journey progresses.

Mary

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

They called him down!!! (finger biting and drum roll) more later

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Timeline

Awesome news. Congratulations to you both.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

basically, they called him early in morning, he did not get the call, then when he called me his home phone rang and it was them, told him to come down today bring passport. he got there they took passport, made him wait a few hours, handed it back with visa stamp. said ALLAH HAFIZ, its stamped until Julay 7th.. He said that there were many called down/ visas :dance:

oh he planning on being here within 2 weeks

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congrats Cindi!! :dance:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
basically, they called him early in morning, he did not get the call, then when he called me his home phone rang and it was them, told him to come down today bring passport. he got there they took passport, made him wait a few hours, handed it back with visa stamp. said ALLAH HAFIZ, its stamped until Julay 7th.. He said that there were many called down/ visas :dance:

oh he planning on being here within 2 weeks

Alhamdulilah Cindi!!! That's wonderful news!!! :thumbs: I'm very happy for you :D

K-1 Timeline

04-29-05 - NOA1

07-29-05 - NOA2

01-06-06 - Interview - Admin Processing

04-13-06 - Day 97 since interview - Full set of prints taken at embassy - 3 sec checks requested from DOS

07-07-06 - Cable sent back to ISL

07-20-06 - ISL sending "call-in" letter w/ some add'l docs req'd

07-25-06 - Visa issued (15 months after filing including 199 days of AP/AR)

08-03-06 - POE at LAX

08-26-06 - Married

09-02-06 - Social Security Card Arrives

AOS/EAD Timeline

09-29-06 - AOS & EAD off to Chicago via USPS

10-01-06 - Rec'd 9:13 pm // signed for by R. Mercado

10-05-06 - NOA on AOS & EAD (w/ no middle name)

10-06-06 - Checks Cashed

10-11-06 - Inquiry sent through USCIS to add middle name

10-15-06 - touched

10-24-06 - Biometrics Appt.

12-14-06 - Interview - "Approved" Pending FBI Check

01-10-07 - EAD touched

01-13-07 - EAD approved per CRIS email

01-15-07 - EAD touched

01-18-07 - EAD notice mailed out per CRIS email

01-20-07 - EAD rec'd in the mail

01-23-07 - EAD touched again (???)

05-18-07 - AOS touched - email sent saying "interview conducted - case under active review"

06-07-07 - AOS touched and paper rec'd from USCIS stating conditional status granted on 6-6-07

06-11-07 - Welcome to America letter rec'd by mail

*** File for removal of conditions in Spring '09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.