aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Any suggestions? My job has been changed after I sent the affidavit of support form (I-864) to NVC. Do I need to fill a new form and send to the embassy alongwith the pay stubs (or letter from company) or send to my wife so she can take with her to the embassy or just stick to the one that I sent couple of months ago and dont mention my new job. Because I dont want the process to get delayed by me sending new documents. Has this happened to anyone, ???

You MUST send in a new form, as they called my co-sponser's place of employment in the US to verify, and my atty advised me to fill out a new one, also update any other forms with this new information, there is one I think the bio form, hope this helps.......... and yes, DO include letter from your new employer and pay stubs.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
I am a US citizen residing in Florida, my husband is a citizen of Pakistan

Filed I-130 Petition May 2006

Received filing notice of I-130 on June 19, 2006 (Still pending) No news.

I 129F – K3 Petition filed June 19, 2006

Receipt date by Department of Homeland Security June 21, 2006

Approval Notice of December 8, 2006 Stating: Valid from 12/08/2006 to 04/07/2007

Forwarded to NVC (Department of State National Visa Center)

Forwarded to US Embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan

Husband received packet on January 24, 2007

Interview date on February 6, 2007

Outcome: Blue slip asking for a co-sponser

Embassy received documents on February 19, 2007 (verified by the embassy)

Emailed Embassy after 50 days, their reply:

We have received the documents you had sent. However, this case is pending for admin processing.

We have emailed several times with the same response – case is pending for admin processing.

Last email sent to embassy on May 2, 2007, the reply:As long as your case is pending for admin processing, we will only tell you this. According to the law, when a visa case is pending for admin processing, the visa is NOT issued. In addition to this, the total processing time cannot be predicted.

Todays date is May 4, 2007

My question: Our approval is no longer valid since it was only good until 04/07/2007 Now what?

NOT TRUE!

as long as you are on ADMIN PROCESSING embassy can extend the so called expiration.

mean while keep persuing your I-130.

shon.gif

Timeline

Approval Notice of December 8, 2006 Stating: Valid from 12/08/2006 to 04/07/2007

We have received the documents you had sent. However, this case is pending for admin processing.

We have emailed several times with the same response – case is pending for admin processing.

Last email sent to embassy on May 2, 2007, the reply:As long as your case is pending for admin processing, we will only tell you this. According to the law, when a visa case is pending for admin processing, the visa is NOT issued. In addition to this, the total processing time cannot be predicted.

My question: Our approval is no longer valid since it was only good until 04/07/2007 Now what?

NOT TRUE!

as long as you are on ADMIN PROCESSING embassy can extend the so called expiration.

Timeline

NOT TRUE!

thank u , we are both getting really depressed about now........... its been over a year..........

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Any suggestions? My job has been changed after I sent the affidavit of support form (I-864) to NVC. Do I need to fill a new form and send to the embassy alongwith the pay stubs (or letter from company) or send to my wife so she can take with her to the embassy or just stick to the one that I sent couple of months ago and dont mention my new job. Because I dont want the process to get delayed by me sending new documents. Has this happened to anyone, ???

You MUST send in a new form, as they called my co-sponser's place of employment in the US to verify, and my atty advised me to fill out a new one, also update any other forms with this new information, there is one I think the bio form, hope this helps.......... and yes, DO include letter from your new employer and pay stubs.

Where do I need to send the forms? To NVC, to the embassy or should my wife take those forms with her to the interview.

Filed: Timeline

Where do I need to send the forms? To NVC, to the embassy or should my wife take those forms with her to the interview.

she can take with her to the interview.

shon.gif

Timeline
********** there is movement on our case ***************

Embassy wants full set of finger prints.. CHIT

they want proof of on going relationship.

Pics and phone bills.

Dayum it I thought we were all passed this #######.

Looks promising. Hopefully it will translate into end of waiting for you. Good Luck!

Timeline

she can take with her to the interview.

thank you

Timeline

Pics and phone bills.

Babybunny,

This looks encouraging. When cases that become as dead as ours (even if they are very different from ours)... when they come to life, it gives me hope ours just might show some signs of life one day too. I hope this is a good sign for you, inshAllah... and that you two get out of the wait-hell very soon.

K3 Timeline

03/19/2006 --- Married

I-130

04/07/06 I-130 sent

04/21/06 NOA1 Receipt issued

10/29/06 Congressman says the case is with a 'special department'

02/--/07 Infopass appointment: Background check

02/08/07 Touched

05/08/07 Congressman:"case is still pending the NAME CHECK with a special department"

06/06/08 Touched

06/11/08 RFE mailed

06/12/08 Touched

06/20/08 RFE in mail: Evidence required to prove bonafide marriage

07/14/08 Evidence package mailed to USCIS

07/24/08 Email from USCIS: package received

I-129F

04/23/06 Sent I-129

05/04/06 NOA1 Receipt issued

01/31/07 Touched

06/06/08 RFE mailed

06/09/08 Touched

06/12/08 RFE in mail: IMBRA

06/21/08 Touched

07/07/08 RFE mailed to USCIS

07/13/08 Email from USCIS: RFE received

07/15/08 Touched

09/08/08 APPROVAL NOTICE RECEIVED!!!

09/23/08 NVC receives case

09/25/08 Case sent to Islamabad embassy Alhamdulillah

10/08/08 Embassy says they'll send packet 3.5 within 7-10 days

10/14/08 Received Packet 3.5 - Incomplete.

10/21/08 Received Packet 3.5 upon request - WRONG packet! UGGGHHH!

10/23/08 Sent 3.5

11/14/08 Packet 4

11/20/08 Medical

11/26/08 INTERVIEW --- APPROVED Alhamdulillah!

12/19/08 VISA IN HAND

12/26/08 POE Washington D.C.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think thats great news....even though they are asking for additional proof its definately a good sign atleast they are doing something!! I hope you get the visa soon. Goodluck!

Pics and phone bills.

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I have sent my wife I-134 and all supporting forms like job letter. bank letter, pay stubs etc. for her interview in Islamabad, I put I-134 in one envelope and one envelope for the pay stubs and then one envelope for the bank statements and on and on. basically I sent everything in individual envelopes.

Now I am thinking when they ask for the form I-134 at the interview would she give them the 6 envelopes or should I have her take everything out and use a bigger Binder clip and put all of it together.

Thoughts? ideas? experience?

Also, any recent interview experience?

***I-130***

2006-12-14 I-130 Sent to Vermont Service Center

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-01-31 I-129F Sent to Chicago

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***US Embassy Islamabad***

2007-04-25 Packet Received by my wife

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 Interview Approved!

2007-05-29 AP starts

2007-11-01 Wife got call to pickup her Visa from American Express

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-10 I-485 Sent to Chicago

2008-11-20 Payment accepted

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

2009-03-08 Interview Letter

2009-04-08 Interview Approved!

2009-04-08 Welcome letter received

2009-04-18 Green Card Received

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and anything posted is just my own opinion

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.