aussiewench

Calling everyone going thru Islamabad Embassy, version 2.0

6,942 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
wo wo wo, calm down boyz and girls. michigan buddy it seems you want that PAKISTANI passport to be filled with visas dont you. first US, Canada now UK, whats next ...
2 weeks

till vacation heaven

. yes i cant wait to my vacation either.

got any big plans?

ticker.png

ticker.png

Leona & Rashid.png

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI

I was interviewed yesterday in Islamabad Embassy, and it went so nice. A white lady consular took my interview and she gave me 221(g) a blue paper. and told by the consular that i m on AP/AR. and she told that you need a co-sponsor, my wife dosnt makes enough money to sport me. Interview proceedure was same like on visit interviews.

NOW I NEED A CO SPONSOR :wacko:

White lady consular was very friendly and her first comment was that oh you are enough prepared for interview, i said YES.

NOW I M IN THE HELL OF AP/AR.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Fooki at least the interview part is over and you are just in the standard AR/AP and you knew it was coming. Now just prepare for a co sponsor and get that submitted as soon as you can since they are considering this a part of your missing or incomplete evidence and should be on your 221g.

Good luck, be strong and we are here to support you along the way. Hang in there and the countdown starts for your AR/AP to finalize.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My lawyer today gave me all the paper work regarding the Writ we filed against the California service center for not approving our I-130 till now. The government has 60 days to respond to our summons. I hope the case does not go into litigation and the US attorneys stress of California to approve 130 without litigation.

If they dont and the case goes into litigation! I do get the 3500 dollars back that we spent on the writ filing. But I dont care about the money, we just want an approved immigrant visa petition...

I-129 (Brief Version):

2005-06-05 : I-129F filed with NBC

2005-06-16 : I-129F NOA1

2005-08-26 : I-129F RFE

2005-09-19 : Approved (Confirmation in Email from INS)

2005-11-01 : Interview at the US Embassy, Islamabad

2006-10-31 : Visa Approved (One year of Administrative Processing)

2006-11-02 : Picked up Visa from Amex

2006-11-19 : Arrival in the US POE Chicago

I-765 (Brief Version):

2006-11-20 : Filed I-765

2006-11-28 : NOA1

2006-12-06 : Transfered to CSC

2006-12-14 : Biometrics Appointment

2007-02-17 : Card Production ordered

2007-02-21 : Approved

2007-02-22 : Card Arrived

I-131

2006-08-15 : Applied

2006-09-12 : NOA1

2006-09-19 : Touched

I-130 (Brief)

2004-10-07 : Applied

2007-10-15 : Approved

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Folks,

I need some advice regarding immigration petition processing for my wife and daughter. Here is a brief case status:

I became a US Citizen on October 20, 2006. I had filed an immigration petition for my wife in July 2004 when I was a PR. After becoming citizen, I applied to upgrade the status of my wife’s case from spouse of PR to spouse of USC and it escalated the immigration process for my wife. However, what it did not do was to give my daughter a derivative visa status based on my wife’s immigration petition. Therefore, I had to file a separate immigration petition for my daughter who was born in July 2006. I have not received an approval for my daughter’s case from USCIS and am not sure how long it will take.

Now the challenge is that based on how my wife’s case is being processed, she may be able to get an immigrant visa by Mar-Apr 2007; however, my daughter’s case may still be pending. At that time it would be impossible for my wife to travel based on her immigrant visa as we can’t leave our daughter behind.

I have been thinking of applying for I-129F simultaneously with immigration petition and bring both of them to US based on K-3 visa but have no idea how well it will work.

UPDATE

I spoke with an Immigration Officer today by calling USCIS customer service number. The officer told me this:

1) I do not need to include my daughter in any correspondence with NVC.

2) When NVC forwards my wife's IR1 case to US Embassy in Pakistan, and the embassy sends documents for my wife to fill out, we should include my daughter's I-130 NOA1 and my daughter's birth certificate with other documents.

3) At the time of issuing visa to my wife, the US embassy will also issue visa to my daughter.

4) I do not need to file for I129F for my wife and daughter.

So far, I do not know any one who have been through this process and I will really appreciate if you guys can share your experiences with me.

Thanks,

Sufi

Timeline

My husband has been on AR since 9/15/06. This is crazy. I'm thinking of quitting my job, going back to Pakistan and waiting it out with him. My dad is a co-sponsor so I wouldn't have to worry about not having a job and my husband not being allowed etc on that basis. In fact I'm planning on stopping payment of all my bills too: credit cards, student loans, car payments...they can all contact DOS if they want me to continue paying bills and living here without my husband whom I have been married to for 2 years and have not lived with...its ridiculous

well sufi where are you in the process. has your wife gotten I-130 approval yet. if not i would suggest you apply for k3 right away.

sabakh i know you feel bad, but there are people who have been on ar/ap for almost a year if not more. What is your situation right now. i dont think you can move out for more than 6 months from US without loosing , whats that word i am looking for. but yes if possible i would go and chil with my spouse, if i had the option, most people dont.

Edited by hafiz

Aapki Nazroan Ne Samjha, Pyaar Ke Kabil Mujhe

Dil Ki Ai Dharkan Thaher Ja, Mil Gayee Manzil Mujhe

I-130 Process

01-29-2006 | Marriage

02-13-2006 | Mailed to NSC

02-27-2006 | NOA1

06-15-2006 | I-130 Approved

I-129F Process

03-08-2006 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

03-13-2006 | NOA1

07-31-2006 | I-129F Approved

09-01-2006 | K3 Interview, Visa Approved

09-14-2006 | Passport recieved from Consulate

01-23-2007 | POE at Chicago

AOS process

07-25-2007 | Mailed to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

08-30-2007 | NOA1

09-07-2007 | Biometrics Appointment

01-28-2008 | AOS interview-More evidence requested

02-07-2008 | AOS approved

02-19-2008 | Recieved Green Card in mail

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I got my packet 3.5 from the embassy i want to know that i had to send the original birth certificate and police report or the copy or take the original one with me at the time of interview regarding

MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE WITH ENGLISH TRANSLATION

DEATH CERTIFICATE IF PREVIOUS SPOUSE IS DECEASED ENGLISH TRANSLATION

DIVORCE CERTIFICATE IF PREVIOUSLY MARRIED AND DIVORCED ENGLISH TRANSLATION

All above documents with original with one photocopy

These documents are for beneficiary or petitioner or both?

PLS REPLY

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

HI

I want to know that the packet i got from embassy 3.5 states the following documents:-

original marriage certificate with english translation and one photocopy

original death certificate if previous spouse is deceased with english translation and one photocopy

original divorce certificate if previously married with english translation and one photocopy

Are these above documents is for beneficary or the petitioner or both pls reply that or the fax copy of petitioner's above mentioned documents are acceptable

SECONDLY

They ask for original job letter and proof of sponsor assets. I want to know the fax documents can be used or embassy want to see the original job letter and sponsor assets

Please kindly response to my questions thanks

Timeline
My husband has been on AR since 9/15/06. This is crazy. I'm thinking of quitting my job, going back to Pakistan and waiting it out with him. My dad is a co-sponsor so I wouldn't have to worry about not having a job and my husband not being allowed etc on that basis. In fact I'm planning on stopping payment of all my bills too: credit cards, student loans, car payments...they can all contact DOS if they want me to continue paying bills and living here without my husband whom I have been married to for 2 years and have not lived with...its ridiculous

Hafiz is correct that you cannot stay away too long or domicile issues will arise and you will not have domicile, job, or joint bills when you have to AOS stateside if he is coming on a K3. I know in our case our AP lasted right at 5 months and most males are not getting adjudicated a visa until 5 months or longer after their interviews.

I would go and visit if you want but I would not stay and cause more problems once he has visa and comes back into the states. You will have to apply for EAD even once he arrives and that means he will not be allowed to work for some time as well.

Stay positive, stay strong and pray for patience is my motto once you pass the interview stages. Good luck on what ever you decide.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Timeline

I'm waiting till the end of February...that'll be 5 and 1/2 months. after that i'm leaving. i dont know what domicile issues could arise. frankly i dont care. i have cousins who have stayed with their spouses in pakistan and have had no problems with any of this when they come here. besides, i dont expect that it'll take an additional 6 months...althouth u never know...these people are so moronic that name checks take them 3 months. i honestly cant believe that there isn't a more efficient way for them to handle these cases. i thought the 'K' visa program was designed to 'unite families quicker without them having to wait for any long security clearances' - then what the hell is AR? why aren't these checks performed upon application. fingerprinting I can understand, but name checks? they've had that information for months! 2 years of marriage and we still haven't started our life together yet. how long are we supposed to wait for a name check? some people get cleared in 3 months and others waiting over a year. is it because some names are longer than others? seriously, i cant understand the "reviewing" that goes on in DC. there's no rhyme or rhythm to the decisions these people make. DOS and consulates usually have different stories...and always NO information for us. i'm surprised no one has become suicidal as a result of USCIS and their incompetency.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Asslam o Alaikum

Well yesterday on Thursday i Got a Call From Embassy the man asked my name and Started asking that have u ever travelled abroad atif? i said yes i Did to Dubai(U.A.E.), he said ok just to Dubai, i said yes.

ok Atif how many old passports do u have, i said Well just 1 old and 1 current passport.

and he asked so u never travelled on your old passport i said yesi never, he said ok Send us your old passport by courier we are working on your case.

So i Sent it Yesterday dont know whats going on! :blink:

Timeline

Walikum Salaam Atif,

It sounds promising that they are doing a indepth investigation and that they are now veriflying and clarifying what information they may have uncovered on your passport issues. Stay strong and at least you know they are processing you case and it is not sitting on someone's desk being ignored. Stay positive. :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
:help: PLEASE RESPONSE TO MY QUESTIONS THANKS

Hi faal4anisa,

I am not clear whether you are the petitioner or beneficiary... I'll try and give my answers for either way.

The birth certificate, marriage and death certificates are for the beneficiary.

The only informaition required in packet 3.5 from the petitioner is the I-134 and supporting documents. If you look closely in the directions for the I-134 it states you need to have letters from a bank official showing your account status - total deposits for last year and current balance - and you need to have the I-134 form notarized.

I would send all originals to be submitted by your fiance with the other documents. I sent mine via UPS. It took about 4 days to reach my fiance, costing $44USD. In this packet I included copies of everything I submitted in the original I-129f application, plus copies of the I-134 and supporting documents. So, now I have a complete copy of everything submitted, so does my fiance and the embassy now has all the originals.

Feel free to PM me if you have more questions. Hope this helps!

-Danika

07-18-2006 Mailed I-129f

07-21-2006 Arrived Nebraska Service Center, transfered to CSC

07-29-2006 NOA1 notice received in mail

09-26-2006 NOA2

10-16-2006 NVC assigns case number

10-30-2006 ISL sends out packet 3

11-06-2006 Packet 3 recieved

12-08-2006 Packet 3 returned to Embassy

01-26-2007 Called to Amex for interview date

03-13-2007 SCHEDULED FOR INTERVIEW!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.