13 posts in this topic

Does anyone know why california center is taking so #*$&@#$&)@ long to process i-212s? I sent it 2 months ago, I got the cancelled check but it doesn't have receipt # on the back. I called USCIS, they said they don't even have my info. in the system yet but the check was deposited on 6/8/07. I haven't received a receipt or case # so I can track it. Anyone has any idea why? I just dont want to file it again with twice as much fee since it's going up on July 30, 2007. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Sorry, I don't have any advice except than writing a letter to inquire about your case, and mail it via Fedex or registered mail w/return receipt. They will usually answer, although it will probably take them a month or more. If this doesn't work, contact an attorney.

Good luck!

Nena

I know that I still don't know everything (but I try)

Born in France from a mother from French Guyana and a father from Roumania. Raised in French Guyana, Venuezuela, Martinique, Guadeloupe, France. Imported from all these countries to the USA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Does anyone know why california center is taking so #*$&@#$&)@ long to process i-212s? I sent it 2 months ago, I got the cancelled check but it doesn't have receipt # on the back. I called USCIS, they said they don't even have my info. in the system yet but the check was deposited on 6/8/07. I haven't received a receipt or case # so I can track it. Anyone has any idea why? I just dont want to file it again with twice as much fee since it's going up on July 30, 2007. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Give them a few more days if it was only cashed on June 8th. It happened to me before and after sometime they finally put my records on file and I got my receipt number. If your records still don't show up after 60 days, then you might want to start calling your congressman for help. Dealing with them by yourself would least likely get a response. I'm sorry to say but that's how it is like with them. Good luck!

K-1 Petition

May 05 - I-129F NOA1

Oct. 02 - I-129F NOA2

Mar. 19 - 1st Interview (AP)

Mar. 23 - 2nd Interview (AP)

Aug. 27 - K-1 Visa Received

Aug. 27 - Entered US

Adjustment of Status

Oct. 08 - USCIS Received Date

Oct. 25 - I-765 NOA1 (received in mail on 10/31)

Oct. 25 - I-485 NOA1 (received in mail on 11/02)

Oct. 31 - Notice Date for ASC Appointment on 11/24 (received in mail on 11/05)

Nov. 07 - Biometrics for I-485 and I-765 taken

Dec. 06 - I-765 Card production ordered

Dec. 14 - I-765 Approval Notice sent

Dec. 15 - I- 485 transferred to CSC

Dec. 17 - Received EAD in mail

Dec. 24 - Transfer Notice received in mail

May 22 - Welcome Letter sent

May 28 - I - 485 Approval Notice sent

Jun 21 - Green Card Received in Mail

Thanks

Give them a few more days if it was only cashed on June 8th. It happened to me before and after sometime they finally put my records on file and I got my receipt number. If your records still don't show up after 60 days, then you might want to start calling your congressman for help. Dealing with them by yourself would least likely get a response. I'm sorry to say but that's how it is like with them. Good luck!

CD1111 and Nena...thanks so much for reply.

I have a question for CD1111 - My wife filed the 212 from U.S. to california center. I'm here in India. once they recieve my 212, by looking at your timeline, am I going to be interview separately for this form here in India? Just got curious. Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks

I have a question for CD1111 - My wife filed the 212 from U.S. to california center. I'm here in India. once they recieve my 212, by looking at your timeline, am I going to be interview separately for this form here in India? Just got curious. Thanks

I'm confused - why did you file a waiver in the US? Normally they are filed after interview denial in the beneficiary's home country.

It the US, waiver adjudication takes around 12 months apparently - if it's only been two months, it seems you have a long wait. And if you want to inquire about status I would not send a letter to the service center. Instead, have your wife contact her senator using their online privacy form and request that they inquire into your case status.

If a waiver is approved, there is no post-approval interview -- interviews are normally done in advance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks

Your interview would be for your spouse visa petition. I-212 is only either denied or approved. Once you have the receipt notice number, you will be able to track your status online. In your notice they will tell you how long your case would be processed. Good luck!

K-1 Petition

May 05 - I-129F NOA1

Oct. 02 - I-129F NOA2

Mar. 19 - 1st Interview (AP)

Mar. 23 - 2nd Interview (AP)

Aug. 27 - K-1 Visa Received

Aug. 27 - Entered US

Adjustment of Status

Oct. 08 - USCIS Received Date

Oct. 25 - I-765 NOA1 (received in mail on 10/31)

Oct. 25 - I-485 NOA1 (received in mail on 11/02)

Oct. 31 - Notice Date for ASC Appointment on 11/24 (received in mail on 11/05)

Nov. 07 - Biometrics for I-485 and I-765 taken

Dec. 06 - I-765 Card production ordered

Dec. 14 - I-765 Approval Notice sent

Dec. 15 - I- 485 transferred to CSC

Dec. 17 - Received EAD in mail

Dec. 24 - Transfer Notice received in mail

May 22 - Welcome Letter sent

May 28 - I - 485 Approval Notice sent

Jun 21 - Green Card Received in Mail

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

CSC has systematic delays for 15 days as reported on this site.,.. may be ur hung up due to that.... Mine is hanging due to same reasosns too i guess

Feb 1,2007 - I-130 Reached USCIS.

Feb 4,2007 - I-130 accepted > Get USCIS case Number NOA1.

May 8 ,2007- GET NVC Case Number > NOA2.

June 16 ,2007- Get Order from NVC to pay 70$.

July 2 ,2007- Get DS-3032 in India.

July 7,2007 - DS-3032 choice of address agent entered in NVC.

July 14 ,2007- Get I-864.

July 18 ,2007- I-864 Enters NVC.

July 29 ,2007- Get Order to Pay 380$ fee.

Aug 3 ,2007- 380$ Fee Reached St Louis.

Aug 25,2007 - NVC & St Louis People receive photocopy of my payment with USPS receipt.

After WAITING for 37 days.

Sept 10,2007 - 380$ fee encashed.

Sept 24,2007 - Receive DS-230 in Mail.

Sept 25,2007 - DS-230 despatched.

Sept 26,2007- DS-230 Delivered.

Oct 1,2007 - NVC has DS-230.

Oct 12, 2007 - DS-230 Reviewed. Case Complete

Oct 16, 2007 - Case at Embassy.

Oct 25, 2007- Interview Letter Despatched from Embassy.

Nov 3, 2007 - Recieved Interview Letter.

Dec 1, 2007 - Medical Exam .

I GOT IT

Jan 16 - I am in USA

April 15 2008 - Get my Drivers License.

I-751 Lifting Conditions at California Service Center

November 12, 2009 - I-751 Sent via USPS Express Mail

November 13, 2009 - Receipt of I-1751 Fee

November 20, 2009 - Arrested on Domestic Battery(Had argument with wife)

December 18, 2009 - Biometrics Completed at 9 am.

January 13, 2010 - Receive I-797E Notice for more evidence

February 16, 2010 - Mail reaches Californa Service Center( Next day of Preseidents Day)

February 19, 2010 - Card Production Ordered. Status now IR1

CSC has systematic delays for 15 days as reported on this site.,.. may be ur hung up due to that.... Mine is hanging due to same reasosns too i guess

Jigi,

My wife sent my form in May 2007 and we still haven't gotten a receipt yet. She kept writting them letters and they reply with stupid response like call 800 # and so and so. When she calls 800 #, she get a run around, they tell her to write a letter. When she write letters, they say to call so it's becoming a real pain in the a**. Last month when my wife called, they said it takes normal 45 days to get a receipt. Last week when my wife called, they said it takes 90 days due to alot of people filing in few weeks. Letter she received back from CSC says "we processes cases in the order received". Well dammit....we filed this ####### in May, why all the others who filed couple weeks back gets to be in 1st priority? Raises alot of frustration so all we can do is just wait until they find my form which I believe son of b*tches lost it plus they got my fee for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Rakesh, a couple of important details. There has been a huge influx of applications lately and USCIS has posted that they are behind on receipts. While that shouldn't affect May applications, it is something to consider. You should consider that it seems to be a common occurence with in-country waivers that they NEVER issue receipts. As long as you know it was received, that may be all the communication you get until a decision is made.

You should also know that waivers in the US often take 12-18 months to process. I've never actually heard of an in-country waiver being processed at CSC - did someone confirm with you (like an experienced lawyer) that this was the correct place to send it? You might want to contact your US senator's office using their online privacy form to request that they make a congressional inquiry to determine if your case was actually received and if it's actually at the correct service center. Just an idea.

Rakesh, a couple of important details. There has been a huge influx of applications lately and USCIS has posted that they are behind on receipts. While that shouldn't affect May applications, it is something to consider. You should consider that it seems to be a common occurence with in-country waivers that they NEVER issue receipts. As long as you know it was received, that may be all the communication you get until a decision is made.

You should also know that waivers in the US often take 12-18 months to process. I've never actually heard of an in-country waiver being processed at CSC - did someone confirm with you (like an experienced lawyer) that this was the correct place to send it? You might want to contact your US senator's office using their online privacy form to request that they make a congressional inquiry to determine if your case was actually received and if it's actually at the correct service center. Just an idea.

My wife hired an experienced lawyer, my i-130 is approved at california and now in processing of sending DS230 forms. My lawyer said since i-130 was at california, i-212 should also be sent at that center. now i-130 has already moved from california to NVC but I-212 shows no process. USCIS ALWAYS assigned a case # which is same as receipt # to each case. I have I-130 case # but I-212 was sent after a month so it should have a different case # itself. I live in India, my wife is in Atlanta, GA therefore lawyer submitted I-212 to california and that is the correct place it should go to since they already deposited the fee for that form. If it didn't then they would send all the papers back to my wife. So something is going on and we just so frustrated with all the run arounds.

Timeline

OK then. If you're sure CSC is the right place and you know it was recevied, don't see that there's anything else to worry about. Generally speaking, USCIS doesn't seem to issue receipts for in-country waivers and you shouldn't expect to see progress for about 12 months. This is based on filer reports posted on the immigration forums for the past few years. Maybe you want to check out immigrate2us.net

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/Processtim...eviceCenter=CSC

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

California Service Center Service Center Processing Dates

Posted August 16, 2007

Edited by kitkat1

OK then. If you're sure CSC is the right place and you know it was recevied, don't see that there's anything else to worry about. Generally speaking, USCIS doesn't seem to issue receipts for in-country waivers and you shouldn't expect to see progress for about 12 months. This is based on filer reports posted on the immigration forums for the past few years. Maybe you want to check out immigrate2us.net

Posted August 16, 2007

Thanks kitkat for sheding some light on my case. I really appreciate your reply and I hope you're right that in-country dont receive receipts. I checked out the site you mentioned but found info that i already knew so my wife and I just going to hang on until we hear something back. Thanks once again.

Posted August 16, 2007

But i have read few cases where in-country people who filed I-212 received their I-797 receipt notice after they sent their forms so I guess things changed after last year...god knows.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.