T&M

Request For Evidence - I-751

80 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
If I didn't make enough to file a tax return, I would be debt free too, because no bank would even consider giving me a loan :lol:

T&M, I think the worst thing that can happen to your wife immigration-wise is an interview. You don't have much evidence, but you're a legitimate couple and you're filing a joint I-751 - joint petitions don't get denied, unless the marriage is an outright sham. If you get called for an interview, you will explain everything to the IO, and you may very well be fine. My 2 cents.

Jewel,

I wouldn't give T&M that much room. Cavalier responses, such as ones T&M has uttered here, could, if interviewed, get him into more hot water than he expected.

T&M,

If this is your goal to live a simple life, debt free, but right now that is simply a goal and not yet achieved, I'd pay a little more attention to detail to ensure that you will achieve your goal.

Using Turbo Tax to file returns is not improper. Using Turbo Tax to obviate solid, competent financial advice is. Filing "Married but separately", is merely one example of fool-hardy thinking that could land you in trouble. You sound young to me. I'm not sure why I get that feeling....perhaps, (je ne sais quoi) its the sense that you convey that you're invincible that causes me to think that. But great men in history have been toppled by less.

Take some time, take a breath and ask for advice before you take steps that could set you off track.

Now, back to assembling evidence.....you should provide more

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
If I didn't make enough to file a tax return, I would be debt free too, because no bank would even consider giving me a loan :lol:

T&M, I think the worst thing that can happen to your wife immigration-wise is an interview. You don't have much evidence, but you're a legitimate couple and you're filing a joint I-751 - joint petitions don't get denied, unless the marriage is an outright sham. If you get called for an interview, you will explain everything to the IO, and you may very well be fine. My 2 cents.

Did you read the beginning post -- they already don't believe him, based on the evidence he submitted! Hence the RFE! If he continues to ignore the very wise advice he has received in this thread from many people, they are going to be in trouble -- I'm not convinced he will even get to the interview stage based on the evidence he plans on submitting. I could be wrong.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

I took this from another post. This is kind of evidence you require. If you can't supply this kind of evidence you need to hire an immigration attorney. If you don't seek proffesional help, you will be heading back to the Philippines.

Here is what I've gathered together so far:

- Mortgage Deed in both our names

- Bank Statements in both our names

- Loan agreement & statements in both our names

- Vehicle insurance policies in both our names

- Husband's medical insurane policy showing me as beneficiary & card copies

- County Tax statements in both our names

- Federal tax returns in both our names

- Copies of joint credit cards & statements

- Electric & cable bills in both our names

- Phone bills in my name only

- AAA membership statements in both our names

- Trip itinerary & boarding passing from our last vacation together

- Copies of each our Drivers Licenses showing same address

K-1 Fiance Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2004-09-01

Left : 2004-12-15

Packet 4 Received : 2005-01-28

Interview Date : 2005-03-07

US Entry : 2005-03-17

Marriage : 2005-03-19

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Los Angeles CA

Date Filed : 2005-03-21

Bio. Appt. : 2005-06-09

AOS interview: 2005-07-14

Approved: 2005-08-23

Employment Authorization Document

NOA Date : 2005-05-24

EAD issued: 2005-06-08

Removal of conditions (I-751)

Dated Filed: 2007-05-28

NOA Received: 2007-06-12

Bio. Appt: 2007-07-06

Card Ordered: 2007-07-13 (via email notification)

Approved: 2007-07-17 (via email notification)

New card received: 2007-07-20

Citizenship (N-400)

Date Mailed: 2008-05-28

Check Cashed: 2008-06-02

Bio Appt notification letter: 2008-06-06

Bio Appt: 2008-06-17

Interview: 2008-10-29

Did you read the beginning post -- they already don't believe him, based on the evidence he submitted! Hence the RFE! If he continues to ignore the very wise advice he has received in this thread from many people, they are going to be in trouble -- I'm not convinced he will even get to the interview stage based on the evidence he plans on submitting. I could be wrong.

Yeah, I think you're wrong. I think Jewel is dead on. It's not that they didn't believe per-se, they probably just wanted a little more evidence or a explanation of why then what I had submitted. I just got back form the DMV to renew her state I.D. and add her name to the car title. Went to the bank and they give me a signature card. Went downtown to get a copy of her State return; so all I need to do now is wait for the federal return; then start wrapping this RFE up. I honestly think were I goofed up is that I didn’t write a cover letter explaining my situation in the get-go. Have I had done so, I wouldn’t got a RFE. One person I told laugh it off and told me to just explain to them and don’t worry about. I’m sure the examiner will understand.

Yeah, I think you're wrong. I think Jewel is dead on. It's not that they didn't believe per-se, they probably just wanted a little more evidence or a explanation of why then what I had submitted. I just got back form the DMV to renew her state I.D. and add her name to the car title. Went to the bank and they give me a signature card. Went downtown to get a copy of her State return; so all I need to do now is wait for the federal return; then start wrapping this RFE up. I honestly think were I goofed up is that I didn’t write a cover letter explaining my situation in the get-go. Have I had done so, I wouldn’t got a RFE. One person I told laugh it off and told me to just explain to them and don’t worry about. I’m sure the examiner will understand.

How does a state ID prove you are a real married couple?

K-1 Fiance Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2004-09-01

Left : 2004-12-15

Packet 4 Received : 2005-01-28

Interview Date : 2005-03-07

US Entry : 2005-03-17

Marriage : 2005-03-19

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Los Angeles CA

Bio. Appt. : 2005-06-09

AOS interview: 2005-07-14

Approved: 2005-08-23

Employment Authorization Document

NOA Date : 2005-05-24

EAD issued: 2005-06-08

Removal of conditions (I-751)

Dated Filed: 2007-05-28

NOA Received: 2007-06-12

Bio. Appt: 2007-07-06

Card Ordered: 2007-07-13 (via email notification)

Approved: 2007-07-17 (via email notification)

New card received: 2007-07-20

Citizenship (N-400)

Date Mailed: 2008-05-28

Check Cashed: 2008-06-02

Bio Appt notification letter: 2008-06-06

Bio Appt: 2008-06-17

Interview: 2008-10-29

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Same address.

I have the same address as my ex-wife and we are not married... :)

YMMV

Same address.

I have the same address as my ex-wife and we are not married... :)

Zoned for two? Anyway, someone on this forum had advised me to include a copy of her state I.D.

I took this from another post. This is kind of evidence you require. If you can't supply this kind of evidence you need to hire an immigration attorney. If you don't seek proffesional help, you will be heading back to the Philippines.

Here is what I've gathered together so far:

- Mortgage Deed in both our names

- Bank Statements in both our names

- Loan agreement & statements in both our names

- Vehicle insurance policies in both our names

- Husband's medical insurane policy showing me as beneficiary & card copies

- County Tax statements in both our names

- Federal tax returns in both our names

- Copies of joint credit cards & statements

- Electric & cable bills in both our names

- Phone bills in my name only

- AAA membership statements in both our names

- Trip itinerary & boarding passing from our last vacation together

- Copies of each our Drivers Licenses showing same address

Void and null. Nowhere in I-751 directions said those are requirements.

Edited by T&M

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Yes, I did read the beggining post. I even read the whole thread. I just don't believe that USCIC would deny a legitimate couple due to lack of financial evidence. I haven't heard of a denied I-751 when it was filed jointly, but if it ever happened, I would be really interested in reading about it.

Jewel,

I wouldn't give T&M that much room. Cavalier responses, such as ones T&M has uttered here, could, if interviewed, get him into more hot water than he expected.

I completely agree with you on that.

Filed AOS from F-1
Green Card approved on 01/04/07
Conditions removed 01/29/09

Citizenship Oath 08/23/12

Yes, I did read the beggining post. I even read the whole thread. I just don't believe that USCIC would deny a legitimate couple due to lack of financial evidence. I haven't heard of a denied I-751 when it was filed jointly, but if it ever happened, I would be really interested in reading about it.

How about the following links.... AOS denied, when petitioned jointly. It seems that it does happen, and the mess afterwards is time consuming and expensive to clean up.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/lofivers...php/t60230.html

or this

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/lofivers...php/t60230.html

There are others, I just did an "AOS denied" search and chose two here.

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

A couple has the burden of proving, via a preponderance of the evidence, that the marriage is bona fide and not for the purpose of immigration benefits.

I'd recommend T&M read chapter 25.1 of the Adjudicator's Field Manual carefully. It tells specifically how they adjudicate I-751's (AOS is different, BTW). It's available on the USCIS Website

The adjudicating officer has the option of denying outright without an interview, but only if there's clear undisputed evidence of fraud. Unless there's something incriminating that's been hidden from us here, I don't think this case comes anywhere near that level. So the worst that will happen is an interview.

But my wild guess is that the minimal evidence provided will raise some suspicion. My wild guess is that it will be assigned a fraud level somewhere around B, which doesn't guarantee an interview before approval, but makes one likely. A district officer may choose to interview between 30% and 100% of all cases at level B.

My further wild guess is that, assuming everybody is respectful toward the interviewing officer(s), the interview won't uncover a problem and the case will be approved.

There's no requirement that a couple have specific financial evidence. Merely that they live together in valid marital union, and that they show that the marriage is bona fide and not for the purpose of evading immigration law.

04 Apr, 2004: Got married

05 Apr, 2004: I-130 Sent to CSC

13 Apr, 2004: I-130 NOA 1

19 Apr, 2004: I-129F Sent to MSC

29 Apr, 2004: I-129F NOA 1

13 Aug, 2004: I-130 Approved by CSC

28 Dec, 2004: I-130 Case Complete at NVC

18 Jan, 2005: Got the visa approved in Caracas

22 Jan, 2005: Flew home together! CCS->MIA->SFO

25 May, 2005: I-129F finally approved! We won't pursue it.

8 June, 2006: Our baby girl is born!

24 Oct, 2006: Window for filing I-751 opens

25 Oct, 2006: I-751 mailed to CSC

18 Nov, 2006: I-751 NOA1 received from CSC

30 Nov, 2006: I-751 Biometrics taken

05 Apr, 2007: I-751 approved, card production ordered

23 Jan, 2008: N-400 sent to CSC via certified mail

19 Feb, 2008: N-400 Biometrics taken

27 Mar, 2008: Naturalization interview notice received (NOA2 for N-400)

30 May, 2008: Naturalization interview, passed the test!

17 June, 2008: Naturalization oath notice mailed

15 July, 2008: Naturalization oath ceremony!

16 July, 2008: Registered to vote and applied for US passport

26 July, 2008: US Passport arrived.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Copies of Joint tax returns: I simply didn't make enough to file jointly (I'm a sub)

You're supposed to file MARRIED, even if you file SEPARATELY.

If you "didn't make enough", I can't see why on earth you would file "married separately"

when filing "married jointly" gives you a better deduction.

Anyway, if you filed "married separately", submit both yours and your wife's tax returns

with an explanation of why you filed separately.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

A couple has the burden of proving, via a preponderance of the evidence, that the marriage is bona fide and not for the purpose of immigration benefits.

I'd recommend T&M read chapter 25.1 of the Adjudicator's Field Manual carefully. It tells specifically how they adjudicate I-751's (AOS is different, BTW). It's available on the USCIS Website

The adjudicating officer has the option of denying outright without an interview, but only if there's clear undisputed evidence of fraud. Unless there's something incriminating that's been hidden from us here, I don't think this case comes anywhere near that level. So the worst that will happen is an interview.

But my wild guess is that the minimal evidence provided will raise some suspicion. My wild guess is that it will be assigned a fraud level somewhere around B, which doesn't guarantee an interview before approval, but makes one likely. A district officer may choose to interview between 30% and 100% of all cases at level B.

My further wild guess is that, assuming everybody is respectful toward the interviewing officer(s), the interview won't uncover a problem and the case will be approved.

There's no requirement that a couple have specific financial evidence. Merely that they live together in valid marital union, and that they show that the marriage is bona fide and not for the purpose of evading immigration law.

Thank you kind sir.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.