AFQuaid

I-134 does fiance fill in a copy too?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I will have a co-sponsor (fiance´s father) and his own forms in, but I guess if they won´t accept anything else (as the co-sponsor can support us) I better not even take more papers.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I was just reading through the tips guide on the I-134 and it says the chosen co-sponcer AND sponcer (USC) must fill in the same form each. Is this right?

I filled in the form myself, assuming you have a modest sum, a few grand should do it, check with the Consulate for current figure, much easier than getting your fiancee invoved.

You will need a co-sponsor by the sound of it for AOS, but not now.

Fiona has already made it clear in other posts that she will not be self-sponsoring and it is pretty obvious by the start of her post that she will be using her fiance as her sponsor and also a cosponsor, so suggesting she self sponsor is completely unhelpful to her at this point. I don't know how much you've been keeping up with her case but it is complicated and Rebeccajo's suggestion of consulting an attorney could very well be an excellent one. I would hate to see Fiona's case get delayed because someone on a message board made too many assumptions (such as saying her case is uncomplicated) and told her what to do and it was wrong.

Sorry, IRS is his taxes, it's how we call it in Brasil.

And nope, he's brazilian, so I guess nobody in Brasil can write a letter saying they'll support us, even if my fiance has his sponsor (I wanted to make a statement, you know, to say, here, we have a co-sponsor, but I don't depend on his father 'cus my parents can support me).

Honestly I don't think your father (since he is NOT a US citizen in the US) writing a letter will do any good. The I-134 is used for the USC and possibly a cosponsor, and the cosponsor must be in the US, so just in my opinion that qualification of having to be in the US would make any letters from people outside the US null and void. However, if it makes you feel better to have that letter then bring it right along, the worst they can do is say we don't want to see it! Just be sure you have everything you need for your sponsor and cosponsor :)

Self sponsoring is uncomplicated, I only comment on the questions asked.

Nor do I check all an OP's previous posts, could be thousands.

But to state the obvious, whilst I did not keep track of my total expenses, the amount required by the Consulate to self sponsor was a small fraction of the total. And I did not use a Lawyer. Judging from posts I have seen from those that did, a Lawyer would cost the same as the capital needed to self sponsor, give or take.

So a bit of a Catch 22.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

OK I have read enough prior posts to get the gist.

I can not see why his mother can not Co-Sponsor, her income appears sufficient.

I can not see why the Medical will be a problem.

OP seems to think Citizenship takes 2 years, more likely 4 years, if you are lucky. Mine will on current track be nearly 5 years.

I am surprised that a K would be entitled to any benefits from California, or someone adjusting status, but I do not know.

It would be reasonable to expect that any emergency benefits would be much much less generous than those provided in the UK.

Also of course the costs of medical services outside any emergency provisions would be a lot more. well expensive rather than free.

BUT the biggest issue must be the I-864. I appreciate that it is not usually enforced but any State or Federal Means Tested Benefits are recoverable from him or more likely his Mother.

Whilst it is reasonable to suppose that finances are limited, there is mention of financial support provided by family, I can not tell whether that meets the self sponsoring requirements. But one would hope that they would not send her to a foreign country without some resource.

I know how much out of pocket expenses I incurred when my elderly mother visited, bearing in mind the limited US safety net, no access to healthcare etc etc, the minimal sum required to self sponsor would be essential.

She appears 17?.

I have never seen a comparable case. I guess all that matters is whether the CO has and what the issues are.

I would suggest posting here, there are a couple of good lawyers that participate, they will probably know, they could certainly find out and it is free.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.