Keisha

Vancouver Interview 12 July

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everybody. I had my interview last Thursday, 12 July, but still don't have my visa in hand.

The interview itself took me longer than I expected. It lasted about 30 minutes, and I was asked a lot of questions - about how we met, when, and then what, when we decided to get married, what do we like about each other, what I did when I lived in my country, my education, details of my job in my home country, why I came to Canada, when, where my son is, with whom, what I do in Canada, when I applied for my permanent residence in Canada, about my previous 2 marriages years ago, why I am sure that this one will be better, why we decided to be in US and not Canada, if I met his parents, when, if J had siblings, if I met his brother, if I ever was refused entry to the US, what J does professionally, how often we visit each other, how we decided to get married if we don't know each other well enough (we know each other for about 3 years and met about every second month last year and we lived together for 2 weeks, then for 1 month, when I was visiting the US) . The officer asked me to show him pictures of us together, and was asking about other people on the pictures. I am glad I had pictures together with J's parents and a picture of him and my son together.

Didn't ask to see any emails or letters or phone bills or plane tickets or boarding passes or hotel receipts, which I had tons of. Didn't ask for a fresh letter of Intent or NOA2 copy, or any J's documents except for documents to do with finances. They took everything I had about finances though, I-134, 167, letter from employer, letter from the bank, tax returns for 3 previous years, recent paystubs.

I don't know why my interview was so long, but maybe because I am not a Canadian citizen and not even a Canadian permanent resident, I've been in Canada on a work permit for 3 years and I was refused a tourist visa like 4 times before they finaly gave it to me (refused all 4 times because of insufficient ties to home country), and I was divorced before, and my son is in Russia right now, and I changed my last name twice. Though I never overstayed anything anywhere, or broke any laws, or anything like that.

I was well prepared with all copies and translations except for one thing: my son's father's notarised consent that he didn't mind my son moving to the US. I didn't have it as they didn't have it on the checklist, and my son is not even in Canada now, and we will not be applying for his visa in Canada, but in my home country -right away. So I thought I would need everything regarding him later.

At the end of the interview the officer finally said it was alright, and they gave me 221g saying "insufficient information" and scary "additional administrative processing" and the list of documents to bring, which consisted only of the consent and the passport, and the letter was dated incorrectly, like a month ago. They also gave me my passport back.

I spent half a night calling Russia to get the father's consent - it had been ready, and the next day I got a copy of it by email and translated it at a translator and brought it to the consulate.

They took my passport then and told me to wait for their phone call on Monday, which is today. They told me that the visa should be ready Monday, or Tuesday at the latest - didn't mention anything about administrative processing. Nobody called by 2 p.m. today so I called myself and was told that the visa is still pending, that they will call tomorrow, or if i don't hear from them, to come tomorrow by 2:30 to pick it up.

I am just trying to breath in and out and calm myself, I have a plane ticket for Wednesday, the day after tomorrow, 7:45 a.m. But we decided with my fiance that there is nothing really alarming, they took my passport, don't need anything else from me, said it is alright, told me to come tomorrow even if i don't hear from them...

5 Feb 2007 NOA1

1 May 2007 NOA2

12 July 2007 Interview in Vancouver, RFE

17 July 2007 Visa in hand

18 July 2007 Arrived in the US

07 Aug 07 Married

29 Aug 07 Applied for AOS

20 Oct 07 Biometrics scheduled

It sounds like you are almost there, I hope you get the missing documents in quickly. Good luck :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline
It sounds like you are almost there, I hope you get the missing documents in quickly. Good luck :thumbs:

Thanks Jasman. I already brought them eveything, and they took my passport, and i am just waiting now.

5 Feb 2007 NOA1

1 May 2007 NOA2

07 Aug 07 Married

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hopefully they'll issue your visa soon! Good luck!

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck!! let us know the good news tomorrow :)

AOS

Filled : 2007-09-17

NOA : 2007-09-25

Biometrics : 2007-12-13

EAD card prod : 2007-12-13

Job Offer : 2007-12-18

EAD card prod : 2007-12-18

EAD approved mailed : 2007-12-21

EAD in Hand : 2007-12-24 (Awesome Christmas Present)

Applied for SSN : 2007-12-26

SSN arrives in mail : 2008-01-05 (Happy New Year)

Start work :2008-01-15

Have you heard anything yet? It sounds like a you had a grueling interview, and I do suspect that you were given much more questions because you weren't a citizen. They seemed to be specific about what they needed from you, and you gave it to the, so hopefully you'll hear something soon. Best of luck to you!!

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

Were you able to pick up your passport with the visa today?

AOS

Timeline
Here's hoping you are out celebrating the visa right now!!!

Yep, suspense is driving me crazy!

2006/11/29 : I-129F Sent

2006/12/12: I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

2007/02/22: I-129F NOA2 (Approved)

2007/03/06: Package Left From NVC

2007/03/21: Rec Instructions (Pkt 3)

2007/03/27: Pkt 3 sent to Montreal Consulate

2007/03/28: Pkt 3 rec. @ Montreal Consulate

2007/04/12: Entered into system

2007/04/19: Medical

2007/07/25: Phone call, interview Aug/Sept. Email, at least 6 months for interview

2007/08/01: Phone call, 5-7 months

2007/08/08: Phone call. INTERVIEW

2007/08/16: Interview letter arrives.

2007/09/03: My baby girl leaves for Trent University

2007/09/12: Interview@8:15 APPROVED

2007/09/19: Visa received in hand

2007/10/08: POE Sarnia/Port Huron

2007/10/09: Home

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sounds like you got the same guy we did... our interview was July 11th, day before yours... Slightly darker skin, has glasses... very slight accent, though I couldn't place it.

He was very thorough in our interview, as well, and it sounds like we got away relatively unscathed with just an french birth certificate translation (of which I'm still waiting on) and certified copy of a court order from my fiancee...

Don't worry... all will go well...

Scott.

Hi everybody. I had my interview last Thursday, 12 July, but still don't have my visa in hand.

The interview itself took me longer than I expected. It lasted about 30 minutes, and I was asked a lot of questions - about how we met, when, and then what, when we decided to get married, what do we like about each other, what I did when I lived in my country, my education, details of my job in my home country, why I came to Canada, when, where my son is, with whom, what I do in Canada, when I applied for my permanent residence in Canada, about my previous 2 marriages years ago, why I am sure that this one will be better, why we decided to be in US and not Canada, if I met his parents, when, if J had siblings, if I met his brother, if I ever was refused entry to the US, what J does professionally, how often we visit each other, how we decided to get married if we don't know each other well enough (we know each other for about 3 years and met about every second month last year and we lived together for 2 weeks, then for 1 month, when I was visiting the US) . The officer asked me to show him pictures of us together, and was asking about other people on the pictures. I am glad I had pictures together with J's parents and a picture of him and my son together.

Didn't ask to see any emails or letters or phone bills or plane tickets or boarding passes or hotel receipts, which I had tons of. Didn't ask for a fresh letter of Intent or NOA2 copy, or any J's documents except for documents to do with finances. They took everything I had about finances though, I-134, 167, letter from employer, letter from the bank, tax returns for 3 previous years, recent paystubs.

I don't know why my interview was so long, but maybe because I am not a Canadian citizen and not even a Canadian permanent resident, I've been in Canada on a work permit for 3 years and I was refused a tourist visa like 4 times before they finaly gave it to me (refused all 4 times because of insufficient ties to home country), and I was divorced before, and my son is in Russia right now, and I changed my last name twice. Though I never overstayed anything anywhere, or broke any laws, or anything like that.

I was well prepared with all copies and translations except for one thing: my son's father's notarised consent that he didn't mind my son moving to the US. I didn't have it as they didn't have it on the checklist, and my son is not even in Canada now, and we will not be applying for his visa in Canada, but in my home country -right away. So I thought I would need everything regarding him later.

At the end of the interview the officer finally said it was alright, and they gave me 221g saying "insufficient information" and scary "additional administrative processing" and the list of documents to bring, which consisted only of the consent and the passport, and the letter was dated incorrectly, like a month ago. They also gave me my passport back.

I spent half a night calling Russia to get the father's consent - it had been ready, and the next day I got a copy of it by email and translated it at a translator and brought it to the consulate.

They took my passport then and told me to wait for their phone call on Monday, which is today. They told me that the visa should be ready Monday, or Tuesday at the latest - didn't mention anything about administrative processing. Nobody called by 2 p.m. today so I called myself and was told that the visa is still pending, that they will call tomorrow, or if i don't hear from them, to come tomorrow by 2:30 to pick it up.

I am just trying to breath in and out and calm myself, I have a plane ticket for Wednesday, the day after tomorrow, 7:45 a.m. But we decided with my fiance that there is nothing really alarming, they took my passport, don't need anything else from me, said it is alright, told me to come tomorrow even if i don't hear from them...

June 3 - Mailed N-400, Application for Naturalization.

June 8 - Received email with Receipt Number.

June 11 - Biometrics appointment letter mailed out (June 30 at 1PM)

June 30 - Biometrics.

Timeline

Thank you guys for your responses!! I got the visa today!!!!! Flying to Florida tomorrow!! That was close B) The visa was not ready yesterday, but today they called me in the morning and told me to come and pick it up! And so I did.

The guy who was collecting my paperwork before and after the interview and finalising the visa was very helpful and nice.

I don't quite remember if the CO had any accent, and my accent is probably stronger anyway:D Slightly darker skin, yeah, I think so.

Feels unbelievable, like What? And I can really go now and live my life? I quess I can :energetic:

5 Feb 2007 NOA1

1 May 2007 NOA2

07 Aug 07 Married

Congratulations! :D

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

Timeline

Thats awesome news... Congratulations!!!!

Have a safe trip.

Edited by Lance27

AOS

Timeline

Congrats!! :)

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.