mr4422

SAWASDEE 2

4,363 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

toma1,

I had asked the same question on this thread two months ago. At that time, no one could provide a specific shipping agency. I am still looking for that information, as my fiancee has several items we'd like to ship too.

Any information you receive, I'd be grateful if you pass along.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
toma1,

I had asked the same question on this thread two months ago. At that time, no one could provide a specific shipping agency. I am still looking for that information, as my fiancee has several items we'd like to ship too.

Any information you receive, I'd be grateful if you pass along.

I'd like to know as well.

:)

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

One of Anna's customers is a freight forwarder, and I think she'll get a price from them tomorrow, but I was hoping to shop around a bit.

I will let you all know about that one, and in the mean time, if anyone else has a good shipping option, please let us know!

Timeline
One of Anna's customers is a freight forwarder, and I think she'll get a price from them tomorrow, but I was hoping to shop around a bit.

I will let you all know about that one, and in the mean time, if anyone else has a good shipping option, please let us know!

If you could provide me some details then I maybe can help you to look for a good price since I am dealing with the shipping and forwarder here in Bangkok. I could ask our forwarder to give you some idea price.

If you could provide me some details then I maybe can help you to look for a good price since I am dealing with the shipping and forwarder here in Bangkok. I could ask our forwarder to give you some idea price.

Can you email Anna? I will PM you with her email address. She can send you the details about exactly what she has.

Timeline

Can you email Anna? I will PM you with her email address. She can send you the details about exactly what she has.

Okay sure, PM me her email address.

Timeline

Okay sure, PM me her email address.

PM me as well.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

My DIL is in the USA! :) They were reunited at LAX, (L) (L) (L), and from the 30 second conversation I had with my son, everything went very smoothly. There were no problems getting out of Bangkok as scheduled. Thanks for everyone's support.

Now I need advice from Anya. I did fetch 25 lbs. of genuine Jasmine Thai rice from Sam's today.

I guess I'd better get serious about polishing the house.

Thai Mom

My DIL is in the USA! :) They were reunited at LAX, (L) (L) (L), and from the 30 second conversation I had with my son, everything went very smoothly. There were no problems getting out of Bangkok as scheduled. Thanks for everyone's support.

Now I need advice from Anya. I did fetch 25 lbs. of genuine Jasmine Thai rice from Sam's today.

Thai Mom

YAY! It must be very exciting for you. Still 5 days for me. And 30 seconds is all my family will get as well.

You know something funny? I lived in Thailand for a while and I almost never got Jasmine rice there. It seemed like we always got plain rice... did you get much Jasmine rice in Thailand?

Thai Mom

YAY! It must be very exciting for you. Still 5 days for me. And 30 seconds is all my family will get as well.

You know something funny? I lived in Thailand for a while and I almost never got Jasmine rice there. It seemed like we always got plain rice... did you get much Jasmine rice in Thailand?

I don't know the difference between rice and rice :lol: Guess I will be finding out. A 2 1b bag would have probably been a better choice, but hey, this is America and we have Sams and Costco, etc. The 3 1/2 weeks we were there we probably just had plain rice, too. They do know how to cook it. Around here I've always forced everyone to eat brown rice whether they like it or not. My rice cooker makes a good humidifier. Yes, that's what I use it for in the winter.

Thai Mom

I don't know the difference between rice and rice :lol: Guess I will be finding out. A 2 1b bag would have probably been a better choice, but hey, this is America and we have Sams and Costco, etc. The 3 1/2 weeks we were there we probably just had plain rice, too. They do know how to cook it. Around here I've always forced everyone to eat brown rice whether they like it or not. My rice cooker makes a good humidifier. Yes, that's what I use it for in the winter.

Thai Mom

No, no, no... you did right! That's about the amount a Thai mom would buy. Two pounds and you would be going back every couple days! You know, my local Asian market doesn't even sell prepackaged rice that weighs less than 25 pounds.

The difference? You must not have opened it yet... :D Open the bag and smell it. It has a wonderful and very distinctive aroma... a bit like Pandanus leaves. The other difference (and I think the main reason it is not used more in Thailand) is that it costs about 50% more than regular rice.

Has everyone seen this bit of info:

"Depending on which U.S. airport you fly into (NY JFK) some will issue a temporary 90 day work authorization if asked for. If issued, the employment authorization ends on the day the K-1 expires. You will have to file for an EAD when (or after) you file for AOS."

Wow! Free bonus for JFK entrants!

"Depending on which U.S. airport you fly into (NY JFK) some will issue a temporary 90 day work authorization if asked for. If issued, the employment authorization ends on the day the K-1 expires. You will have to file for an EAD when (or after) you file for AOS."

Yes, my Noi is flying into JFK. Do we know this for sure, or is it just heresay?

Yes, my Noi is flying into JFK. Do we know this for sure, or is it just heresay?

It's real... but as always, up to the whim of the officer she sees. My understanding is that she needs to ASK for it. It is not just given to everyone.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3ead

Edited by toma1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thailand has literally scores of strains of rice. There are rice research centers all across the country that experiment with new cross breeds and attempt to preserve the genetics of established strains. I've tasted a dozen or so varieties, including a tasty purple-ish sticky rice. Plain white rice is most common in central/southern regions and sticky rice is most popular in the North and Northeast. White rice is called 'beautiful rice' in Thai because it has been 'polished' whereas brown rice is fed to prisoners! One place I could alway find brown rice was at vegitarian restaurants.

Congrats to all those who have been or are about to be reunited. Wow! I am very happy for all of you and wish you the very best.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.