mr4422

SAWASDEE 2

4,363 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hey everyone,

Just an update:

FINALLY my fiance received her long awaited police report yesterday! She can now go into the embassy on Monday and turn it in!

Finally!

Did they mail it to her, or did she have to go pick it up in person?

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
Hey everyone,

Just an update:

FINALLY my fiance received her long awaited police report yesterday! She can now go into the embassy on Monday and turn it in!

Finally!

Thanks guys! After 2 months, finally got it, it's about time!

To answer your question sference, she picked it up. Didn't want to take any chances with the police screwing things up again like last time, so she picked it up. funny thing is, she went to pick it up last time as well and they tried to give her the other person's paper who got my fiance's paper in return, like they thought that's an acceptable thing to do. "Here, since we gave your paper to someone else by accident, we'll just give you their paper so you can have theirs and they can have yours". Idiots... haha

Sference, did the police screw up your fiance's paper too?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hey everyone,

Just an update:

Finally!

To answer your question sference, she picked it up. Didn't want to take any chances with the police screwing things up again like last time, so she picked it up. funny thing is, she went to pick it up last time as well and they tried to give her the other person's paper who got my fiance's paper in return, like they thought that's an acceptable thing to do. "Here, since we gave your paper to someone else by accident, we'll just give you their paper so you can have theirs and they can have yours". Idiots... haha

She hasn't went there yet. She talked to them on the phone, an according to them, they said they will mail it to here. We'll see. That's why I was asking if they know how to mail a piece of paper.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Hey everyone,

Just an update:

Finally!

She hasn't went there yet. She talked to them on the phone, an according to them, they said they will mail it to here. We'll see. That's why I was asking if they know how to mail a piece of paper.

Honestly, mailing a piece of paper may be too difficult for those idiots, you never know haha. :D

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I would not trust the mail and go pick it up. My lady ordered hers two weeks ago this coming Monday and she told them she would go pick it up. After having to mail the Packet 3 papers three times before the embassy got them, I wouldn't even trust the police to do it right. Good luck!!!

The new interview dates should be posted on the website sometime early next week, I imagine, and I'll be looking for ours. If our number is there I'll be getting my trip planned!!!!

I would not trust the mail and go pick it up. My lady ordered hers two weeks ago this coming Monday and she told them she would go pick it up. After having to mail the Packet 3 papers three times before the embassy got them, I wouldn't even trust the police to do it right. Good luck!!!

The new interview dates should be posted on the website sometime early next week, I imagine, and I'll be looking for ours. If our number is there I'll be getting my trip planned!!!!

Yea, frankly I don't trust any government services in Thailand for that matter. Police=incompetent idiots, they probably can't even tie their own shoes, let alone be responsible enough to send something in the mail or do their jobs correctly.

Timeline

Well, my experience with the police is everytime we have been stopped on the roads by the police for speeding, which my girls does routinely, she just negotiates and we pay them off. They seem like the most corrupt bunch of people around. So the wait is on to see when the new interview list is posted next week.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Well, my experience with the police is everytime we have been stopped on the roads by the police for speeding, which my girls does routinely, she just negotiates and we pay them off. They seem like the most corrupt bunch of people around. So the wait is on to see when the new interview list is posted next week.

:lol: Having lived in the land of crocodile smiles for two years I have learned that corruption is a relative term. The policy you described above is "standard procedure" and I really wish you could negotiate your way around the american system by greasing a few palms like you can in Thailand.

I wish we'd seen more people pulled over there. One of our van drivers must have paid the police off in advance. After each of the four accidents we saw in one day on wet roads (a couple looked very serious), he just sped up and became more wreckless. His speedometer didn't work, which was probably on purpose.

:lol: Having lived in the land of crocodile smiles for two years I have learned that corruption is a relative term. The policy you described above is "standard procedure" and I really wish you could negotiate your way around the american system by greasing a few palms like you can in Thailand.

I donno about them being the most corrupt group of people around, because not all of them are. There is, of course, a large number of corrupt thai police. There is an even large number of IDIOTIC thai police, who are just plain old too stupid to do anything.

In terms of paying them off for speeding being "standard procedure", I have been pulled over numerous times and never gotten a ticket and never had to pay them off. How? I don't know, they were just cool, said it's okay, be careful, etc.

Hey everyone

So my fiance, like I mentioned before, finally got her police report, and today she brought it into the US embassy!!!

However, they told her she has to wait 1-2 WEEKS!!! The CO told her, don't worry you have the visa for sure, as long as your police report is good, and her police report is good, so why the heck is it going to take 1-2 weeks??? Ugh! Well, I guess I can complain/can't complain, but ughh.

I wonder why it takes so long, anyone have an idea?

Hey everyone

So my fiance, like I mentioned before, finally got her police report, and today she brought it into the US embassy!!!

However, they told her she has to wait 1-2 WEEKS!!! The CO told her, don't worry you have the visa for sure, as long as your police report is good, and her police report is good, so why the heck is it going to take 1-2 weeks??? Ugh! Well, I guess I can complain/can't complain, but ughh.

I wonder why it takes so long, anyone have an idea?

Well, because it just does. I hear your frustration. As you can tell, I don't have a clue. You're almost there!

Timeline

My fiancee got a call from the embassy in BKK today, Tuesday, informing her that they are sending out the letter with the interview date and confirming her address and also asking her to send in the checklist, which she told them she already did and the embassy emailed me to tell me they had all the documents. Of course, there is a big holiday Thurs and Fri so I am not sure if she will receive it before she goes home to Korat tomorrow night for 4 days but at least it sounds like I should know when I will be going over there real soon. I just hope it is toward the end of August or the first week in September that we have the appt. to make sure we have time to get all the documents ready....I have most....and to accomodate our other plans.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We finished our interview a few hours ago and WE'RE APPROVED!!!! :dance::yes: To give you all an overview of the embassy experience... We got there at 6:45am and ended up being the last couple called up to interview. We were quite worried as when we got there and presented our documents the lady was giving us a hard time about a copy of one of her sons birth certificates vs. the original... the boy isn't coming over with this visa so we didn't think it was a problem having a copy of the BC and a copy of his passport, she insisted we needed the original and I insisted it shouldn't matter since he's not coming on this visa that we would present the original on the K-2 later in a couple years. She just told us to have a seat until her name was called, 11:30am her name was finally called, the longest near 5 hour wait I've ever endured... especially after her giving us a hard time, all I could think was there was gonna be an RFE which would screw up the travel plans I already made for her. The interview was about 15-20 mins... seemed like an eternity as I sat and listened to the interviewer question her. Pretty simple stuff, "where did you meet him? When did you meet him? How do you communicate and how often? How many times has he visited you? What were you doing when you met him? Was he on vacation at the time? How long did you spend together the first time you met? Has he visited again since? How many times and when? Do you plan to marry him in the US?" That's all the questions I recall them asking her, pretty easy stuff. Glad I was able to come to help present the documents early in the morning at least as that was really hectic, too bad I couldn't actually stand up there with her for the interview itself... but it all worked out well and he told us to come back on Friday the 18th at 3pm to pick up the visa and her passport, I nearly screamed and jumped out of my seat as I heard those words... "pick up your visa", but I restrained myself to a quiet "hell yeah!" and a little air punch. The lady who was doing the Thai translation for the interview looked at me and laughed a bit as I did that. That was a hell of a relief! They handed us all of our original documents and evidence short of the required forms and her passport (which I didn't think they would do) and sent us on our way with our appointment card to pick up the visa. We'll be here in Bangkok until the evening of the 21st, then we head to the states together finally!!!!! :dance:

Good luck to the rest of you! I will note to you all that of the other 7 fiancee visa applicants there with us, all were approved! Just to give you all some piece of mind. I know this because there is zero privacy in that place and you hear every conversation of every case going through the loudspeaker since they're behind glass. But it was good to hear everyone getting their visas even with a couple of us getting a slightly hard time up front about our documents(including one couple who didn't have the DS157 since they're lawyer forgot to give it to them). So don't stress too much since they seem to be willing to bend a bit if you present everything you can give them and then some and just have patience. Also note to those of you out there just getting started, I used no lawyer on this... so yes, you can do it yourself if you have a lot of patience to read things over and over again.

Chok Dii Krap!!

Steve & Bualai

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.