mr4422

SAWASDEE 2

4,363 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

My girl is going today to get the police report ordered. I scanned the NOA2 with the BNK number and her name and sent it JPEG to her in an email to print out. Figured it would not hurt for her to have it. She also told me that they sent her the form for the medical exam in the Packet 3 materials, so I guess we will get that done soon too. Anyone else have the medical exam paper come with Packet 3?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
Just an FYI, my fiancee was able to do the police report no problem and did not have the NOA2 with her. Just the packet 3 paperwork.

Cool. Thanks. That's a relief.

sference,

You might as well copy your NVC letter just in case. I'm not understanding why you wouldn't want to bring it to get the police report.

My lawyer told me it's required, some people have gotten it without one I guess, but supposedly it's required now, I'd bring it just in case.

:yes:

FYI- I was doing some searching on the Internet and found a link to a newer version of the Medical Examination Instructions than the one that is currently available from the Packet 3 page of the website. Here it is: http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/med...tion_121207.pdf

It appears that the document was updated months ago, but no one bothered to change the link on the Packet 3 page to point to the new document... You will see the fees have been updated and some of the contact info. You can find this document by using the general search function on the website.

2008.03.26 - I-129F Sent from Thailand to VSC via UPS

2008.03.31 - I-129F Received @ VSC, Signed by "Scott"

2008.03.31 - NOA1 Issued

2008.04.02 - Check cashed

2008.04.03 - Touch

2008.04.10 - NOA1 Hard copies received (TWO of them!)

2008.04.22 - Touch

2008.04.23 - Touch

2008.07.07 - Medical (We just can't stand the wait! Need to get something done!!)

2008.07.14 - NOA2 (Received notice by email)

2008.07.16 - NVC Received (Estimated)

2008.07.18 - NVC Sent to Consulate

2008.07.24 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received by mail

2008.xx.xx - Consulate Received (Bangkok)

2008.xx.xx - Packet 3 Received

2008.xx.xx - Packet 3 Sent

2008.xx.xx - Packet 4 Received

2008.xx.xx - Interview Date

2008.xx.xx - Visa Received!!! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Just an FYI, my fiancee was able to do the police report no problem and did not have the NOA2 with her. Just the packet 3 paperwork.

Cool. Thanks. That's a relief.

sference,

You might as well copy your NVC letter just in case. I'm not understanding why you wouldn't want to bring it to get the police report.

My lawyer told me it's required, some people have gotten it without one I guess, but supposedly it's required now, I'd bring it just in case.

:yes:

I don't have the NVC letter yet. I don't have NOA2 yet. I was just trying to avoid her having to make 2 trips to Bangkok.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

I talked to my girl last night after she ordered the police report. She said they charged her 200 baht, it was not free, and would be ready in two weeks. She apparently had not problems dealing with them and did have the NOA2 with her that she printed out from the email I sent her.

It's interesting that the fees for the medical exam are cheaper at Bumrungrad than the other hospital. And I just dont understand why they keep wanting more pictures done!! You would think the ones you send in at the beginning would be enough. It adds up having pictures done and all the fees for everything.

I talked to my girl last night after she ordered the police report. She said they charged her 200 baht, it was not free, and would be ready in two weeks. She apparently had not problems dealing with them and did have the NOA2 with her that she printed out from the email I sent her.

It's interesting that the fees for the medical exam are cheaper at Bumrungrad than the other hospital. And I just dont understand why they keep wanting more pictures done!! You would think the ones you send in at the beginning would be enough. It adds up having pictures done and all the fees for everything.

Tom,

She paid 2000 baht? Ours was free.

But then again the idiots working there totally screwed up our paper and we're still waiting for it.

Timeline

Tom,

But then again the idiots working there totally screwed up our paper and we're still waiting for it.

No. She paid 200 baht, not 2000. I told her it was supposed to be free before she went and she knew that but who's going to stand there and argue with them when, if you piss them off, they can make a real mess for you? So she paid the 200 and they said she could come get it in two weeks so we'll see what happens then. I am glad it wasn't 2000 or I would have been screaming bloody murder as this visa is costing enough as it is.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Tom,

No. She paid 200 baht, not 2000. I told her it was supposed to be free before she went and she knew that but who's going to stand there and argue with them when, if you piss them off, they can make a real mess for you? So she paid the 200 and they said she could come get it in two weeks so we'll see what happens then. I am glad it wasn't 2000 or I would have been screaming bloody murder as this visa is costing enough as it is.

Do you know if they asked to see the NOA2?

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
FYI- I was doing some searching on the Internet and found a link to a newer version of the Medical Examination Instructions than the one that is currently available from the Packet 3 page of the website. Here it is: http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/root/pdfs/med...tion_121207.pdf

It appears that the document was updated months ago, but no one bothered to change the link on the Packet 3 page to point to the new document... You will see the fees have been updated and some of the contact info. You can find this document by using the general search function on the website.

Thanks Jessica

I will send that on to Joom.

Are you hanging in there? I do not understand the delay

I hope you receive that NOA2.....like now!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello Everyone

I hope you can answer a couple of questions for me......

We received our NOA2 about a week ago and Joom is in England right now.

-When should she return to Thailand? (She can return any time as she is taking an English class on her own).

-How long will it take for NVC to send the documents to Bangkok and about how long before Bangkok contacts her.

(She is using her parents address in Thailand)

-Will I receive something in the mail to let me know what is going on?

Thanks much

George

Tom,

Sorry I misread your post. Either way, stupid Thai police. Those dirty scumbags trying to screw people over left and right, it's unbelievable.

Timeline

sference, my lady says all they did was ask her to fill out a form that had the reason for requesting the report on it. She did not show them the NOA2. So that's what she told me. I would have something just in case since you never know who you will talk to or what they will want.

Tom,

Do you know if they asked to see the NOA2?

Sference,

My fiance went with our lawyer, and the police asked my fiance for the copy of the NVC letter. I just called my fiance and asked her if the police asked her for it, and she said they did.

Hello Everyone

I hope you can answer a couple of questions for me......

We received our NOA2 about a week ago and Joom is in England right now.

-When should she return to Thailand? (She can return any time as she is taking an English class on her own).

-How long will it take for NVC to send the documents to Bangkok and about how long before Bangkok contacts her.

(She is using her parents address in Thailand)

-Will I receive something in the mail to let me know what is going on?

Thanks much

George

When she returns to Thailand is entirely up to you guys.

Your next step is waiting for NVC to send it to BKK embassy. As to how long it took, this didn't make sense to me, as I got a notice from NVC saying they sent it to the embassy on the 26th, but then the embassy said they received it on the 27th, so according to their info. it took only one day, which is impossible. Oh yea, and it was at the NVC for a total of 9 days.

Anyways, after that we continually emailed the embassy asking if they had received our papers from NVC yet, and when they did we sent in the packet 3 (which we had printed off the internet) as that speeds up things a lot.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.