mr4422

SAWASDEE 2

4,363 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Isn't there a letter that comes with Packet 3 that the fiancee can use to go to the police headquarters ahead of Packet 4 so she can get things moving quicker? Seems that's all the proof they need is the fact they received Packet 3 to show a visa is in process. They don't get a copy of the NOA1 or 2 sent to them in Thailand.

I just had my wife print out the Packet 3 documents that are on the embassy website in Thai and English. She is going to go the police HQ this week, even though I don't have NOA2. I think if you showed them NOA2, they wouldn't have a clue what that is. She is pretty much traveling all over Thailand this week. She needs to go to Roi Et to get a copy of her birth certificate as well. I told her go file for the police report first, then go to Roi Et, get the birth certificate, then go back to BKK and pick up the police report. Then home to Chiang Mai. On paper sounds good, but the way things work over there, who knows if it will all work out.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do packet 4's tend to get lost or take time? The Embassy said it was shipped out on the 20th, but we still have not received it.

Packet 3 was received at the embassy June 7th, and packet 4 received on June 24th - 17 days. She lives in Hua Hin, 2/12 hours from Bangkok. I always worry about things getting lost over there, especially anything important.

Filed: Timeline
Isn't there a letter that comes with Packet 3 that the fiancee can use to go to the police headquarters ahead of Packet 4 so she can get things moving quicker? Seems that's all the proof they need is the fact they received Packet 3 to show a visa is in process. They don't get a copy of the NOA1 or 2 sent to them in Thailand.

It's not the letter that comes with the packet 3, it's the NVC letter you get from NVC with the BNK number on it.

They need to see this before you can get a police report.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
It's not the letter that comes with the packet 3, it's the NVC letter you get from NVC with the BNK number on it.

What? I thought I kept that here in the US for the AOS, I never saw anything about needing to send her a copy.

What? I thought I kept that here in the US for the AOS, I never saw anything about needing to send her a copy.

I just emailed a copy to my DIL. We'll find out very soon what they asked for, and I sure hope they don't give her a hard time.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

well. with or without the NOA2, When I return in September, I'm going in to get the police report.

I'll at least try. Several people have gotten their interview date fairly quickly after mailing the p-3 back in.

Why wait? I'll at least attempt at being preemptive.

If they turn us away, at least my wife will know where to go and what to expect.

The worse thing they can say is come back....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

The third time was the charm. The BKK embassy emailed me that they have finally received all of the Packet 3 documents and now I will have to wait to see when the interview will be. I am hoping late August, early September as that would work out great for me to head on over there.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

If you remember, last week the embassy emailed me the interview date of Aug 1. However when I called up my fiancee to let her know the good news, she told me someone had called the day before and told her to disregard the date in the packet 4.

So I gave them a week, and emailed the embassy again. They still have not rescheduled the interview. How frustrating. To give us a nice early date like that and then yank it away from us with no updates. Anyone know what's going on at the embassy?

What do you think, email them once a week asking for an update? (Its been 10 days since the packet 4 was sent and it still hasn't shown up)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

OK, I just want to review everything I have prepared for the interview before I head out to Thailand in 2 days to be with her. Please let me know if I'm forgetting anything so I can stop freaking out and if I am forgetting anything, then at least I have 2 days to get it together. I know this is a bit long, but please... help a brother out. ;) And if I got it all correct, then it's good reference for the rest of you who are about to be in the same position.

Forms:

DS-230 part II unsigned

DS 156

DS 157

DS156k

Notarized I 134

2 passport photos for each of us

Proof of custody of her 2 children and official form changing custody to her mother who will care for them in Thailand for now, we will try to bring them here in about 2 or 3 years so they will not be part of this visa.

verification of unmarried status document for her

Financial support documents:

05, 06, 07 Tax transcripts and tax returns

Notarized letter of employment

my checking and savings statements for 6 months and checking statements for the last 9 months for the account I opened for her to send her money with the ATM card I gave her which will have matching receipts on her end to go with it.

A copy of my insurance and benefits for my job including life insurance.

Wire transfer statements from before I gave her an ATM card.

Pay stubs from the last 3 months for my full time and part time jobs as well as my earnings for my home based business.

Completed Notarized Affidavit of Support I134

Evidence of Relationship:

Calling card receipts and call detail records for the last year

approx 50 photos of us during last 2 visits

Emails from both of us, I selected approx 25 each over the course of the last 12 months about 2 from each month

Receipt for the flowers I sent her for Valentines Day

Receipt for engagement ring and other jewelry I've purchased for her (plus she'll be wearing it)

Signed and Notarized updated letter of intent to marry

previous itineraries and hotel receipts with our names on them from the last 2 visits together plus current itinerary including her ticket to the USA

Proof we will marry once here within 90 days:

Engagement announcement my parents sent out to everyone last year

Save the Date card we just sent out last week for our wedding in Sept.

Certified letter from the wedding hall saying it is reserved for us on Sept. 20th

Our registration for our bridal shower at Kohls

Official Supporting Documents:

NOA2 and Case # document from NVC

Receipt for visa fee from post office

Appointment letter

Medical exam complete documents and vaccinations

Police clearance certificate

Copies of passports

Birth Certificates

Copy of entire I129F submission

Did I forget anything? I think I have it all... I hope so... Thanks for being my second set of eyes! B)

Steve and Bualai

Shawndoc,

I scanned a copy of it to my lawyers and my fiance had to bring it to the police station.

Timeline

Shawndoc,

I scanned a copy of it to my lawyers and my fiance had to bring it to the police station.

Did you do this to be pro-active, or did the police require this?

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Just an FYI, my fiancee was able to do the police report no problem and did not have the NOA2 with her. Just the packet 3 paperwork.

My DIL went to apply for her police certificate today. She had no problem, and I'm not sure what she took, as I haven't talked to her personally. The proof of the pudding will be when she actually gets it. She is going to pick it up.

Shawndoc,

Did you do this to be pro-active, or did the police require this?

I did this because my lawyer said it is required now

Timeline
Just an FYI, my fiancee was able to do the police report no problem and did not have the NOA2 with her. Just the packet 3 paperwork.

Cool. Thanks. That's a relief.

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received GC 2009-04-01

Note:

Welcome to the USA!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.