mr4422

SAWASDEE 2

4,363 posts in this topic

i need some help and hope someone who has already filed aos can help. i am gathering the documents for my husband and realized that he doesn't have a copy of the medical. so he got the shots etc and failed to get a copy. has anyone been able to contact bumrungrad after the fact and get a copy? (i still have all the information relevant to his appt. since i made it for him online.) but i am worried about him getting the medical shots again don't think that's wise also cost prohibitive since you cannot use insurance for that.

any advice is very much appreciated.

:help:

Nobody?

Are you referring to the entire medical or just the immunization record? We did not receive the medical info (from BNH), but they did give us the immunization record (DS-3025). I would think Bumrumgrad would fax or e-mail you a copy of the immunization records. I agree, I wouldn't want to get the immunizations again.

In our case, Rin's immunizations were complete, but the children's were not. We got them at the pediatrician's office and they were 100% covered by insurance (our insurance covers "preventive care" 100% without deductible). The civil surgeon exam (Rin only) can also be turned into my insurance, but I have to do that myself - the CS had to be paid in full at the time of the exam - and the insurance will re-imburse me directly (since my insurance allows one physical per year to check general health).

thank you so much rin and john! we have emailed BNH to see what they say. thanks for the tip about turning the civil surgeon fees in, i actually verified that i could use my fsa debit account to pay for the out of pocket costs which is nice since the cost is pretty dear and then submit to my insurance for reimbursement. i was surprised that it's several hundred dollars.

i will post what (bnh) replies in case anyone else gets caught in the same boat as us.

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks J&L. That clears it up in my mind and I will just not worry about it until we get the visa and she gets here and then we will apply for the SSI. I was just wondering if it helped at all. Maybe some day with all the increase in fees they will get their forms straightened out and people won't keep wondering about all that stuff.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
i need some help and hope someone who has already filed aos can help. i am gathering the documents for my husband and realized that he doesn't have a copy of the medical. so he got the shots etc and failed to get a copy. has anyone been able to contact bumrungrad after the fact and get a copy? (i still have all the information relevant to his appt. since i made it for him online.) but i am worried about him getting the medical shots again don't think that's wise also cost prohibitive since you cannot use insurance for that.

Nobody?

Are you referring to the entire medical or just the immunization record? We did not receive the medical info (from BNH), but they did give us the immunization record (DS-3025). I would think Bumrumgrad would fax or e-mail you a copy of the immunization records. I agree, I wouldn't want to get the immunizations again.

In our case, Rin's immunizations were complete, but the children's were not. We got them at the pediatrician's office and they were 100% covered by insurance (our insurance covers "preventive care" 100% without deductible). The civil surgeon exam (Rin only) can also be turned into my insurance, but I have to do that myself - the CS had to be paid in full at the time of the exam - and the insurance will re-imburse me directly (since my insurance allows one physical per year to check general health).

thank you so much rin and john! we have emailed BNH to see what they say. thanks for the tip about turning the civil surgeon fees in, i actually verified that i could use my fsa debit account to pay for the out of pocket costs which is nice since the cost is pretty dear and then submit to my insurance for reimbursement. i was surprised that it's several hundred dollars.

i will post what (bnh) replies in case anyone else gets caught in the same boat as us.

Kang Lang - Several hundred dollars??? Does that include all new immunizations? Rin had her medical earlier this month (it had been more than one year since her BNH medical). She had a TB skin test, blood test, and general exam (BP, temp, height/weight, and doc listened to her breath). No shots. Total cost was $117.50. The children had their BNH medical last September, so the doctor just filled in the I-693 part 2 (vaccination only) and part 5 - cost was $30/child for him to fill in the form (after we had gone to the pediatrician and obtained their second round of shots as the DS3025 showed their immunizations as being incomplete due to lack of sufficient time interval).

John

K-3

11/15/2006 - NOA1 Receipt for 129F

02/12/2007 - I-130 and I-129F approved!

04/17/2007 - Interview - visa approved!

04/18/2007 - POE LAX - Finally in the USA!!!

04/19/2007 - WE ARE FINALLY HOME!!!

09/20/2007 - Sent Packet 3 for K-4 Visas (follow to join for children)

10/02/2007 - K-4 Interviews - approved

10/12/2007 - Everyone back to USA!

AOS

06/20/2008 - Mailed I-485, I-765 (plus I-130 for children)

06/27/2008 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130s

07/16/2008 - Biometrics appointment

08/28/2008 - EAD cards received

11/20/2008 - AOS Interviews - approved

Citizenship

08/22/2011 - Mailed N-400

Nobody?

Kang Lang - Several hundred dollars??? Does that include all new immunizations? Rin had her medical earlier this month (it had been more than one year since her BNH medical). She had a TB skin test, blood test, and general exam (BP, temp, height/weight, and doc listened to her breath). No shots. Total cost was $117.50. The children had their BNH medical last September, so the doctor just filled in the I-693 part 2 (vaccination only) and part 5 - cost was $30/child for him to fill in the form (after we had gone to the pediatrician and obtained their second round of shots as the DS3025 showed their immunizations as being incomplete due to lack of sufficient time interval).

John

yes, crazy i know they want $185 to just to transcribe the med report from thailand and then the physical is $150 and the tb/hiv test is $350. i wonder if that's california pricing? unfortunately this cs is a wee bit more expensive than the others nearby but the 2 others i called, neither could see him before september!

lin

Edited by Kang Lang

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Timeline

Nobody?

John

yes, crazy i know they want $185 to just to transcribe the med report from thailand and then the physical is $150 and the tb/hiv test is $350. i wonder if that's california pricing? unfortunately this cs is a wee bit more expensive than the others nearby but the 2 others i called, neither could see him before september!

lin

Must be one of the "perks" of living in California (along with the inflated salaries, right?)

When I called the CS office nearest to my home, they told me to come in between 9 am and 4 pm and let them know it was for immigration physical. Any day, no appointment necessary. The only glitch was that the admin that made sure all the paperwork was completed ended up getting ill (hospitalized) and was out for the week following Rin's visit. No one else in the office (not a small office as four of them are listed as CS) had a clue as to how to do this admin's paperwork. So we had to wait until she returned. I actually felt sorry for her as her boss was taking work to her in the hospital. She got out on a Friday and called me at my house Saturday morning to let me know I could come by and get Rin's paperwork.

BTW - the immunization transcribing onto the I-693 was included in Rin's $117.50 (it was $30/child as they did not have an exam). Does your CS actual charge additional for that when you are also having a medical with them? What a crock....

K-3

AOS

Citizenship

Timeline

lin - You might check this post:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=1602656

DeeZee has called around in the San Fran area and might be able to direct you towards a cheaper CS.

K-3

AOS

Citizenship

Timeline

I have another question for some of you that know the answers.

After my fiancee gets here and we get married and we apply to change status to married and then the visa is changed, right? No longer fiancee visa.

Then can my wife travel back and forth to Thailand as she pleases without any hassles while that visa is good? Is it then changed to a K-3 visa and how long is that visa good for?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

When you apply for a change of status (to resident alien) also apply for "Advance Parole". AP will let her travel back home. Once the status is adjusted she is a permanent resident and will be able to travel all she wants.

Timeline
When you apply for a change of status (to resident alien) also apply for "Advance Parole". AP will let her travel back home. Once the status is adjusted she is a permanent resident and will be able to travel all she wants.

Once it is adjusted to being married you mean? But does the visa then get changed to a K-3 in her passport?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Once it is adjusted to being married you mean? But does the visa then get changed to a K-3 in her passport?

My understanding is she is still on a K1 visa, just you've filed for adjustment of status to permanent resident so she is allowed to stay in country until the process is completed. If she is also granted Advance Parole, she can leave and return (not sure how many times) during the AOS process.

This might be a better thread to ask about AOS.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5241

She will never have a k-3 visa, she is applying for a k-1, they are not interchangeable. Adjustment of Status (AOS) means changing from having non-immigrant status to having Permanent Resident status in the US. You must start the AOS process before her 90 day visa expires. Once you have begun the process but the visa has expired, she is still legally able to stay in the US even though she doesn't have a valid visa in her passport, however, she cannot leave unless she either has permission by applying for Advance Parole (to be used while the AOS process is not yet complete), OR the AOS application has been approved and she has already received her 2-year conditional Green Card.

It might be helpful for you to read through the "Guides" and "Visa FAQ" sections thoroughly, they will probably answer a lot of your questions about this process. Links are at the very top of the page. Good luck!

2008.03.26 - I-129F Sent from Thailand to VSC via UPS

2008.03.31 - I-129F Received @ VSC, Signed by "Scott"

2008.03.31 - NOA1 Issued

2008.04.02 - Check cashed

2008.04.03 - Touch

2008.04.10 - NOA1 Hard copies received (TWO of them!)

2008.04.22 - Touch

2008.04.23 - Touch

2008.07.07 - Medical (We just can't stand the wait! Need to get something done!!)

2008.07.14 - NOA2 (Received notice by email)

2008.07.16 - NVC Received (Estimated)

2008.07.18 - NVC Sent to Consulate

2008.07.24 - NOA2 Hardcopy Received by mail

2008.xx.xx - Consulate Received (Bangkok)

2008.xx.xx - Packet 3 Received

2008.xx.xx - Packet 3 Sent

2008.xx.xx - Packet 4 Received

2008.xx.xx - Interview Date

2008.xx.xx - Visa Received!!! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Just a question for a little peace of mind hopefully :huh: , our interview is in about 3 weeks so it'd be good to have this info now. By a show of virtual hands.... how many of you have gone through the process making in the neighborhood of 40k a year or so? I have no significant assets other than my car, I have a decent savings, but I'm not planning on bothering putting that down. Just wanna make sure I'm in the clear on the I134 affidavit of support, I know I'm well above the poverty line. I don't feel I would need any co-sponsor. I have no one else to support other than me and her. I'm heading to stay with her in Thailand for our interview and I'm leaving next week, so no time to waste. Just stressin a bit with the last minute checking of everything over.

Also, one other thing, she paid the visa fee at the post office, she only has the receipt, not the pin number sheet they gave her, is this pin number necessary? I would think we wouldn't need that pin number... I hope?

Thanks all!

Steve

Hi Steve,

We haven't gotten that far in the process, but it sounds like your income is well above what is required.

All I've ever heard about them needing at the interview is the receipt. I've never heard anything about a pin being needed. Perhaps someone who has actually been through all of this can better advise you.

Filed: Timeline

This is un-f******-believable.

The idiot police screwed up my fiance's police report by giving it to the wrong damn person. Then the idiot that they gave my fiance's paper to still hasn't returned the stupid paper.

My fiance's interview is in less than two weeks and we've been waiting for the police report for ALMOST two freakin months!

It's unreal how unorganized this process is.

I really hope the interview isn't postponed because of the idiot police screwing this up for us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.