mr4422

SAWASDEE 2

4,363 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
So just keeping bugging their inbox till they get tired and respond...

Not sure if this is the Packet 3 link you are looking for, but here's what I have.

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/immigrant_vis...structions.html

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline

Dagobert,

Just to give you an idea, I'm now on my 17th email that I've sent the embassy. Don't worry how many times you email them, it's their job to answer our questions haha.

I'll probably hit the 30 email mark by the time it's my fiance's interview (july 7th).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Dagobert,

Just to give you an idea, I'm now on my 17th email that I've sent the embassy. Don't worry how many times you email them, it's their job to answer our questions haha.

I'll probably hit the 30 email mark by the time it's my fiance's interview (july 7th).

Littleasianman,

I am not trying to give you a hard time but you said you had a good immigration attorney.....so why are you emailing the embassy? Can't your attorney answer your questions?

Just curious.

Cheers,

H

Dagobert,

Littleasianman,

I am not trying to give you a hard time but you said you had a good immigration attorney.....so why are you emailing the embassy? Can't your attorney answer your questions?

Just curious.

Cheers,

H

Heiko,

Because I prefer to stay on top of things and I'm not one of those people who rely solely on my immigration attorney. I don't like to sit back and wait for results/answers, and if you have read my other posts you will see the main reason I hired a lawyer was to organize my papers and my documents for me, as well as assembling any packets.

Also, my attorney can't answer my questions about why the embassy website hasn't been updated (last month), why EXACTLY we have two interview dates scheduled on the same day (he can speculate but no one knows for sure but the embassy), what DAY the interview date is scheduled (my lawyer emailed them as well, but I emailed them every three days), about why we haven't received packet 4 (he emailed them as well, but once again i emailed them until they answered me), and a bunch of other PERSONAL questions pertaining STRICTLY to my INDIVIDUAL case, not general questions.

So while my lawyer would email them weekly about when the interview date was scheduled, I would email every three days roughly.

In a nutshell, I prefer to stay on top of things, prefer to be in the KNOW before anyone else, and prefer to be well informed of everything. My lawyer does a great job of this as he informs me the minute he finds out, however I send constant emails to the embassy. And like I mentioned previously, my main reason for hiring was the organization of my papers, and on that end he has done an outstanding job thus far.

Not sure the point of this question Heiko, but there must be a reason, so hopefully this answer is "suitable" for you.

But no offense taken to the question Heiko, just didn't quite understand the purpose.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

My fiancee will not reschedule the interview. Her friends from Thai visa websites have told her to go to the interview and she will just be asked for more information. I will continue to email the embassy just to let them know of the situation. I feel much better if the embassy knows of this situation before the interview date. The police told her that the police appointment card would work, but I think they just told her this to make her feel better. I guess that will only show that she applied for the report.

My worry is how the official will react to not having a very important piece of information. They do give you plenty of time to acquire the requested information.

“A man reserves his true and deepest love not for the species of woman in whose company he finds himself electrified and enkindled, but for that one in whose company he may feel tenderly drowsy.”

~George Jean Nathan~

Timeline
My fiancee will not reschedule the interview. Her friends from Thai visa websites have told her to go to the interview and she will just be asked for more information. I will continue to email the embassy just to let them know of the situation. I feel much better if the embassy knows of this situation before the interview date. The police told her that the police appointment card would work, but I think they just told her this to make her feel better. I guess that will only show that she applied for the report.

My worry is how the official will react to not having a very important piece of information. They do give you plenty of time to acquire the requested information.

I hired an attorney, pretty much delayed my filing by 2 months. Big mistake on my part

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Timeline

Dagobert,

Littleasianman,

Just curious.

Cheers,

H

Hey I meant it when I said I was not trying to give you a hard time!! I just went through the same process and I never even thought about emailing the embassy. Mainly because I didn't think they would answer.

I have a bone to pick with my attorney and will share my experience at the appropriate time. My main complaint was that he didn't answer even 30% of my emails. More on this later.

Cheers,

H

Heiko,

Because I prefer to stay on top of things and I'm not one of those people who rely solely on my immigration attorney. I don't like to sit back and wait for results/answers, and if you have read my other posts you will see the main reason I hired a lawyer was to organize my papers and my documents for me, as well as assembling any packets.

Also, my attorney can't answer my questions about why the embassy website hasn't been updated (last month), why EXACTLY we have two interview dates scheduled on the same day (he can speculate but no one knows for sure but the embassy), what DAY the interview date is scheduled (my lawyer emailed them as well, but I emailed them every three days), about why we haven't received packet 4 (he emailed them as well, but once again i emailed them until they answered me), and a bunch of other PERSONAL questions pertaining STRICTLY to my INDIVIDUAL case, not general questions.

So while my lawyer would email them weekly about when the interview date was scheduled, I would email every three days roughly.

In a nutshell, I prefer to stay on top of things, prefer to be in the KNOW before anyone else, and prefer to be well informed of everything. My lawyer does a great job of this as he informs me the minute he finds out, however I send constant emails to the embassy. And like I mentioned previously, my main reason for hiring was the organization of my papers, and on that end he has done an outstanding job thus far.

Not sure the point of this question Heiko, but there must be a reason, so hopefully this answer is "suitable" for you.

But no offense taken to the question Heiko, just didn't quite understand the purpose.

My Fiance just received Packet 3. She tells me that they did not send any medical forms.

She still needs:

Medical

Police Report

Single Certificate.

I see the forms on the web site but even the checklist does not mention the medical at all !

What is your suggestion on how to proceed from here?

Does she go to Bangkok right away for medical?

Does she send in Packet 3 to Embassy now?

K-1 Process

NOA1

01/04/2008- Received date for NOA1 Receipt for I129F

NOA2

05/09/2008- Email that Approval Notice was sent for I129F

5/16/2008 - Received I-797C Notice of Action 2 Approved the petition and have sent the original visa petition to the Department of State National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will within two to four weeks:

NOA3

6/2/2008 - Fiancee Received Packet 3

6/9/2008 - Fiancee sent packet 3 to Embassy

6/16/2008 - Fiancee finished Medical and police report. Police report to be mailed to her in 2 weeks.

6/30/2008 - Have police report

7/29/2008 - INTERVIEW DATE! SUCCESS!

7/31/2008 - Picked up Visa 2 days later from Embassy

8/17/08 - Arrive to USA! (Yes, we booked prior to the interview)

9/15/08 -- Social Security Card (Had to argue about card with K-1)

11/13/08 -- MARRIAGE!

11/15/08 -- File for AOS

2/2/09 --- Received Advance Parole

3/15/09 -- Received Work Card

4/3/09 -- Trip to Thailand... Married Again

5/11/09 -- Interview and approval of AOS (ship card in 3 weeks!)

Timeline

All n00b's, please fill out your time line's. This will benefit yourself and other current and future users. You can find the link to making your time line here: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Some people will not answer your questions if you do not have a time line, it's a give and take community.

Chok Dee!!!

Timeline
My fiancee's interview is Tuesday July 15th. What is the reasonable date to get the visa back. I would say on Thursday, from what I have been reading. So, if i booked tickets for the weekend, I should be in the clear. Thanks for any feedback.

Well that should be okay but my fiancee just got her visa three business days after her interview and she said some of the girls were told to come back the following day because their visas were not ready yet. You might want to play it safe by a few days.

My Fiance just received Packet 3. She tells me that they did not send any medical forms.

She still needs:

Medical

Police Report

Single Certificate.

I see the forms on the web site but even the checklist does not mention the medical at all !

What is your suggestion on how to proceed from here?

Does she go to Bangkok right away for medical?

Does she send in Packet 3 to Embassy now?

She needs to get her singles certificate in her home town.

She can get the medical whenever she wants, as they receive the results the same day.

The checklist doesn't mention the medical or the police report because you don't include either in packet 3.

You bring those to the interview.

She needs to send in packet 3 to the embassy whenever she finishes it. Of course, the sooner you want your interview date, the sooner you send in packet 3.

My fiancee's interview is Tuesday July 15th. What is the reasonable date to get the visa back. I would say on Thursday, from what I have been reading. So, if i booked tickets for the weekend, I should be in the clear. Thanks for any feedback.

My fiancee finished her interview on June 3rd and got her passport with visa back on June 5th.

If she interviews on Thursday I will think she get her visa back on Monday going by the 48hr rule.

Its all for LOVE..

K1-JOURNEY

06/07/07 - I-129F Mailed.

01/10/08 - NOA2 hard copy received

01/18/08 - NVC forward to BKK Embassy

02/12/08 - Police records obtained

03/01/08 - Mailed Packet 3 back via EMS mail.

04/02/08 - Packet 4 received

04/23/08 - Medical Exam.

06/03/08 - Interview PASSED!!

06/05/08 - Visa in hand

06/14/08 - POE SFO

08/14/08 - MARRIED

AOS-JOURNEY

11/17/08 - AOS Packet Mailed.

11/19/08 - Packet delivered.

12/01/08 - NOA received for EAD and AOS dated 11/26

01/06/09 - Placed SR for no Biometric.

01/10/09 - Biometric 01/23/09

02/23/09 - EAD card received

03/23/09 - AOS interview 04/22/09

04/22/09 - Interview AOS approved!

05/04/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

LOC-JOURNEY

01/26/11 - I-751 Mailed.

04/18/11 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!

Timeline

hey all... im new here posting.. but ive followed this website for over a year.. sorry for the lateness!! anyhow to get u quickly updated.. my fiance had her interview on the 29th of may and i thought i crossed my "t"'s and dotted my "i"'s but i guess they always find a fault in your paperwork.. they wanted my federal 1040's (although the website said letter from employer and/or tax info) and thankfully i did my taxes online and could get them that next monday for document submission.. but its already been a week and no reply by email or phone and i am getting cold sweats and night terrors.. has anybody else been in this situation? if so please let me know how long did it take for them to call with an answer... thanks!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.