mr4422

SAWASDEE 2

4,363 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi folks! I have good news - we're approved! My fiancee was up before 6am to get ready and catch a taxi to the Embassy for an 8am interview. She turned in her paperwork at 8am, and had a quick interview less than an hour later. The interview consisted of only a few questions - when did we first meet, where do I live in the US, etc. The Visa was approved and she will be able to pick it up on Friday.

Wow... It's been a stressful and exciting ride after submitting our I-129F package at the beginning of June. I can't wait to fly to BKK on the 26th - and to fly back together to the US on the 30th. Fabulous.... Life is good.

- heyx2rr

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Hi folks! I have good news - we're approved! My fiancee was up before 6am to get ready and catch a taxi to the Embassy for an 8am interview. She turned in her paperwork at 8am, and had a quick interview less than an hour later. The interview consisted of only a few questions - when did we first meet, where do I live in the US, etc. The Visa was approved and she will be able to pick it up on Friday.

Wow... It's been a stressful and exciting ride after submitting our I-129F package at the beginning of June. I can't wait to fly to BKK on the 26th - and to fly back together to the US on the 30th. Fabulous.... Life is good.

- heyx2rr

Congrats my friend..........I'm still waiting due to USCIS being incompetent.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

- heyx2rr

I was wondering what had happened to you. I can't believe you are still waiting. You sent the requested information back in November. Totally ridiculous. Have you called to see if they lost it? It wouldn't surprise me with that place. If you still have time, you may want to think about resubmitting.

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif3dflags_tha0001-0003a.gif

I-129F

Petition mailed to Nebraska Service Center 06/04/2007

Petition received by CSC 06/19/2007...NOA1

I love my Siamese kitten...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Have you tried contacting the U.S. senator or representative that represents where you live? They have a lot of power. I know of at least one person that had issues with immigration and went to their representative's office and they fixed the problem quickly. Several of my family members got their passports unbelievably fast doing that as well. I'm having issues with AOS at the moment and am going to try it too.

Don't forget to get your spouse's birth certificate from the amphur of birth before you leave for the U.S. That cost us a lot of time and money because we forgot to do that after receiving the K1. You need it for AOS and it has to be translated too. If anyone is looking for a translation service, I had a very good experience with www.thaienglish.com. All of it done online.

Good luck!

K1 Journey

03/22/07 - Mailed I-129 Application

08/18/07 - Thai Wedding

09/06/07 - Interview Successful!

10/25/07 - P.O.E. San Francisco

11/01/07 - U.S. Wedding

AOS Journey

11/09/07 - Mailed AOS & EAD

12/12/07 - Biometrics

02/04/08 - Transferred to CSC

02/16/08 - EAD Card Received

05/27/08 - Green Card!

Naturalization Journey

08/28/08 - Filed N-400 via Section 319(b)

10/29/08 - NOA

11/20/08 - Biometrics

01/15/09 - Interview

01/29/09 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

- heyx2rr

CONGRATULATIONS! That's outstanding -- glad it was an trouble-free morning. I'm praying for the same process on the 31st!

Edited by Texas Farang

OUR TIMELINE

06/01/07 ----- Hired US Immigration Law Thailand to Prepare Documentation, Guide Through Process

06/26/07 ----- I-129F Mailed to Texas (to California for processing)

07/02/07 ----- I-129F NOA1 (per website; never received hard copy)

11/20/07 ----- I-129F NOA2 (per website; awaiting hard copy)

11/26/07 ----- Received NOA2 hard copy

12/04/07 ----- Called NVC; nothing received from USCIS and case number not yet assigned

12/12/07 ----- CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED AND FILE MAILED TO BANGKOK EMBASSY!

12/15/07 ----- Package received @ Bangkok Embassy

12/18/07 ----- Medical, Police Background

12/22/07 ----- Packet to BKK Embassy

12/26/07 ----- Packet received by BKK Embassy; estimate 3-4 weeks until interview date is scheduled

12/27/07 ----- Packet 4 mailed by Embassy; interview scheduled!!! :-)

01/31/08 ----- SUCCESSFUL Interview: Bangkok Embassy

02/04/08 ----- Pick up Visa

02/05/08 ----- Arrive in U.S.!!!

04/05/08 ----- MARRIED - VIVA LAS VEGAS!

04/29/08 ----- Green Card / Permanent Residence Packet Arrives @ Chicago USCIS

05/05/08 ----- NOA Date

05/22/08 ----- Biometrics Appointment

04/21/09 ----- GREEN CARD ISSUED!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

- heyx2rr

I know how you feel right now... :) Congratulations !!

Have a safe trip to and from Thailand. Yes, life is so good and we are so blessed...

(F)

Click here to look at my K-1 journey and AOS adventure on my profile -- signature & story tab...

----------------------------------------------------

973181_1238682260.jpg

Check out our dog's blog here.

My ROC Adventure:

January 13, 2010----------Mailed out I-751 to VSC

January 15, 2010----------Package delivered

January 19, 2010----------NOA

January 21, 2010----------Check cashed

February 17, 2010---------Biometrics

April 8, 2010----------------Card production ordered

April 19, 2010---------------Card received in the mail

The Most Powerful Force in Life is Love

1095_thumb.gif1332_thumb.gif807_thumb.gif

congrats!!! whonderful news, looks like they are speeding the process up inside the embassy.

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Timeline

Congratulations heyx2rr :thumbs: and good luck Taxas and Tmc225usc for the up-coming interviews. :thumbs: :thumbs:

My girl and I are still waiting for the interview date...we should be getting that info pretty soon now.

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Timeline

congratulations heyx2rr! That is wonderful that they got her in and out so quick for the interview!

Have a wonderful time out there when you go, and a safe trip back!

10/03/13: N400 Sent to Dallas Service Center
10/11/13: Received
10/16/13: NOA
11/06/13: Biometrics
01/13/14: Passed Interview!
05/16/14: Oath Ceremony. Finally Finished!

Timeline

Hello everyone,

Just an update here and perhaps some feedback from anyone who has received a approved expedite request would be helpful.

The USCIS is reviewing my expedite request. They touched it again today. It has taken them a little over month to get the details. Normally I would of not requested it, but my mother is dying from cancer and wants to see my fiancee and I married before she dies. Hope that happens, however, I am assuming we are minimal 2 months to 3 months out even if it goes quickly and mom is starting to show signs that things are rgetting worse. She was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, unable to opperate and it now has speard to her spine, brain, lung, liver and who knows where else. Looks like it is moving rapidly. Unfortunately she is also the caretaker for my 76 year old father and my 91 year old aunt and without her there, I will have to take care of them to keep them in their home they worked for their whole life for. I am making plans to temporalily reside there, not change address as I have a job where I can work form different places in the US, but to provide them security in their home. Anyway the USCIS requested additional information back on December 20th, which I provided a two page letter from me and the Doctors diagnosis, limited in detail because of Hippa laws.

Anyway, if we are lucky enough to get approved, I am seeking information from anyone who has gone through this process and has received an expedite approval to learn how I might get the rest of the process expeditied, not to cause problems. My hopes are that the expedite approval, if granted, will follow the the papers to the NVC and then to Bangkok Embassy. I have thought about contacting my Congressman and my mothers asking for them to look into this and see if they can help but have not done so as I am afraid my case will all of a sudden get delayed longer. Anyone with experience here please fill me in. I may call my congressman to get advice.

We did have a Budhist ceremony, not an official marriage in the sense of Thiialand or the US unless you file marriage papers in Thailand at the local Government office, which we did not. We did this for her family and it was wonderful. I talk to her twice to her a day in the morning and at night as she is waking up when I am about to go to bed. I have been learning Thai daily and she has been studying English.

Sawadee, waiting and hoping

Tom and Watcharee (Nic)

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

I-129F Sent : 2007-09-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-10-31

I-129F RFE(s) : 2007-12-20

RFE Reply(s) : 2007-12-26

Touched 1-18

Touched 2-2

Touched 2-3, On a Sunday?

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-02-07

NVC Received : 2008-02-12

NVC Left : 2008-02-14

Consulate Received : 2008-02-18

Packet 3 Received : 2008-02-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2008-02-20

Packet 4 Received : 2008-02-27

Interview Date : 2008-18-03

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Marriage :

tafeagans,

there really aren't any words except i'm sorry for your family and wish you the very best of luck getting an expedited interview so that your family can be reunited.

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Timeline
Hello everyone,

Just an update here and perhaps some feedback from anyone who has received a approved expedite request would be helpful.

The USCIS is reviewing my expedite request. They touched it again today. It has taken them a little over month to get the details. Normally I would of not requested it, but my mother is dying from cancer and wants to see my fiancee and I married before she dies. Hope that happens, however, I am assuming we are minimal 2 months to 3 months out even if it goes quickly and mom is starting to show signs that things are rgetting worse. She was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, unable to opperate and it now has speard to her spine, brain, lung, liver and who knows where else. Looks like it is moving rapidly. Unfortunately she is also the caretaker for my 76 year old father and my 91 year old aunt and without her there, I will have to take care of them to keep them in their home they worked for their whole life for. I am making plans to temporalily reside there, not change address as I have a job where I can work form different places in the US, but to provide them security in their home. Anyway the USCIS requested additional information back on December 20th, which I provided a two page letter from me and the Doctors diagnosis, limited in detail because of Hippa laws.

Anyway, if we are lucky enough to get approved, I am seeking information from anyone who has gone through this process and has received an expedite approval to learn how I might get the rest of the process expeditied, not to cause problems. My hopes are that the expedite approval, if granted, will follow the the papers to the NVC and then to Bangkok Embassy. I have thought about contacting my Congressman and my mothers asking for them to look into this and see if they can help but have not done so as I am afraid my case will all of a sudden get delayed longer. Anyone with experience here please fill me in. I may call my congressman to get advice.

We did have a Budhist ceremony, not an official marriage in the sense of Thiialand or the US unless you file marriage papers in Thailand at the local Government office, which we did not. We did this for her family and it was wonderful. I talk to her twice to her a day in the morning and at night as she is waking up when I am about to go to bed. I have been learning Thai daily and she has been studying English.

Sawadee, waiting and hoping

We hope and pray that things more quickly for you and your fiancee. If you have done so yet, contact your senators and representatives as soon as possible. Thay may be able to help. With our case I contacted my 2 senators and represetative and the responded quickly.

Gene & Ying

12/23/04 - I-129F petition mailed to NSC

4/28/05 Interview for Visa in Bangkok-Visa Approved!!!!

5/2/05 Arrive in USA together! POE Minneapolis

5/25/05 - MARRIED!!

6/9/05 - Sent in AOS

7/8/05 - Biometrics for AOS complete in Milwaukee(walk-in)

11/16/05 Interview in Milwaukee - AOS APPROVED!!

9/17/07 Mailed in I-751 to NSC

10/15/07 Received NOA - Case transferred to California

12/27/07 E-mail stating that new card is ordered

12/31/07 10 year Green Card received! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

8/22/08 Sent in N-400 for naturalization

11/19/08 Passed the interview

1/12/09 Received letter about oath ceremony

1/29/09 Oath Ceremony - US Citizen!!

1/29/09 Changed status at Social Security office, applied for US Passport

Does anyone know if the pause in scheduling interviews applies to those who simply want to go to the Visa Unit to complete processing on visas that already had interviews and simply need further paperwork submission?

Timeline
Does anyone know if the pause in scheduling interviews applies to those who simply want to go to the Visa Unit to complete processing on visas that already had interviews and simply need further paperwork submission?

Maybe Texas Farang & afterforever can find that out for you since they are in Thailand right now.

animated%20usa%20flag1.gifanimated%20thailand%20flag.gif

Thai Style USA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Links:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=106...amp;ref=profile

https://www.facebook.com/groups/223365857736847/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/411770628885582/

http://www.thaiworldnetwork.com

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi all,

I have been lurking around this forum for a time and decided to post my particulars with the fiancée visa process.

I have known my fiancée, Suchada for over two years now and we had our first meeting just a few months ago in November. As soon as I returned from Thailand we started to work on the I-129F and I mailed it the day after Christmas. So far I received the NOA1 on January 2nd, now from our readings it looks like months of waiting ahead of us.

I am very excited and happy that the application is in the system now.

This is a wonderful site, and the I-129F guide was such a great help in my preparations.

Cheers,

Alvin

“A man reserves his true and deepest love not for the species of woman in whose company he finds himself electrified and enkindled, but for that one in whose company he may feel tenderly drowsy.”

~George Jean Nathan~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.