mr4422

SAWASDEE 2

4,363 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
I changed the DS-156 electronic version several times. It just gives you a different barcode. Just don't get the new one mixed up with the old form.

We just got back from a month in Phnom Penh, Sihanoukville and Sray Rieng Province. The weather was much better than April and May.

It's probably gonna be super hot when in mid January :crying: I hate the hotness.

<07-05-06> sent out K-1 application

<07-12-06> K-1 recieved (transferred to CSC from Nebraska)

<07-17-06> 1st NOA1 recieved

<07-25-06> Touched

<09-18-06> Touched and approved

<10-20-06> Case sent to Bangkok embassy (NOA 2 Recieved)

<10-23-06> Case arrived at Bangkok Embassy (9:53 a.m)

<11-01-06> Packet 3 shipped from BKK

<11-15-06> Packet 3 sent to embassy via express mail (still waiting for packet 3 from embassy)

<12-12-06> Medical exam + Vaccination Done

<12-??-06> Packet 4 Still waiting

<12-28-06> Interview date

<12-29-06> Visa in hand

<01-30-07> POE Seattle, WA

<02-14-07> Applied for SS

<02-17-07> Recieved Packet 3 <----Almost 5 months later (LOL)

<02-24-07> Recieved SS

<02-27-07> Applied for ID

<03-01-07> Officially married<----Wohooo

<03-02-07> Name change @ SSA

<03-12-07> Recieved new SS

<05-02-07> Sent out AOS forms and fee

<06-01-07> Fingerprints done

<08-01-07> Interview date (AOS approved)

<09-15-07> My wife is pregnant

<04-29-09> Our son is born

<05-05-09> I-751 sent

<05-15-09> I-751 Receipt of Notice

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I am going to Bangkok next week and wanted to take Rin a notarized copy of the affidavit of support. We will be getting a K3 visa (hopefully NOA2 on 129F will come in January and can finish by late March when I go back to Bangkok for business!). For the K3 visa, does the embassy in Bangkok require the I-134 or the I-864?

K-3

11/15/2006 - NOA1 Receipt for 129F

02/12/2007 - I-130 and I-129F approved!

04/17/2007 - Interview - visa approved!

04/18/2007 - POE LAX - Finally in the USA!!!

04/19/2007 - WE ARE FINALLY HOME!!!

09/20/2007 - Sent Packet 3 for K-4 Visas (follow to join for children)

10/02/2007 - K-4 Interviews - approved

10/12/2007 - Everyone back to USA!

AOS

06/20/2008 - Mailed I-485, I-765 (plus I-130 for children)

06/27/2008 - NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130s

07/16/2008 - Biometrics appointment

08/28/2008 - EAD cards received

11/20/2008 - AOS Interviews - approved

Citizenship

08/22/2011 - Mailed N-400

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
It's probably gonna be super hot when in mid January :crying: I hate the hotness.

Shouldn't be too bad in mid-January. It is still the cold season. As far as hotness, your timing doesn't get much better for Bangkok weather. Relatively cool and no rain.

Anyone have any scoop on the translation of the Birth Certificate for the interview? If they have the K1 submission, then they should have the original translations, but has anyone had any issues with this at the the interview?

Filed: Timeline

John,

I-134 is for non-immigrant visas, I-864 is for immigrant visas and adjustment of status.

Yodrak

I am going to Bangkok next week and wanted to take Rin a notarized copy of the affidavit of support. We will be getting a K3 visa (hopefully NOA2 on 129F will come in January and can finish by late March when I go back to Bangkok for business!). For the K3 visa, does the embassy in Bangkok require the I-134 or the I-864?

Timeline

Shouldn't be too bad in mid-January. It is still the cold season. As far as hotness, your timing doesn't get much better for Bangkok weather. Relatively cool and no rain.

Anyone have any scoop on the translation of the Birth Certificate for the interview? If they have the K1 submission, then they should have the original translations, but has anyone had any issues with this at the the interview?

I have just passed the interview on Dec 20, due to the Birth Certificate, House registration and ID card I translated them into English by myself as well as made a copy of all. the consular officer will return all original and take copy.

any question, don't hesitate to ask and good luck

Waen

Robert (U.S.A.)------^--^------Waenphetch (Thailand)

September 27' 2005 -------------------------(Met online)

May 16' 2006---------- (Mailed application from Chiangmai, Thailand) to NSC

June 9' 2006--------- (NOA 1 Receipt date) ---CSC----

September 7' 2006------------(NOA 2 Receipt date)

December 20' 2006 (7 a.m.) -----------INTERVIEW Approved IMBRA discussed[/color]

December 24' 2006 ---------- POE - LA

December 26' 2006 ------------ Civil Marriage

December 28' 2006 ------------ Applied for SSN

January' 19' 2007 ------------- SSN Received

AOS Chicago

December 29' 2006 ----------- Mailed I-485

January' 5' 2007 -------------- NOA Receipt date (MSC)

January' 23' 2007 ------------ I-485 Transferred to CSC

January 26' 2007 ------------ Biometric done

February 7' 2007 ------------ Case pending at CSC

October 19, 2007 ------------ Approved email from CRIS (welcome notice sent on Oct 18)

March 14, 2007 ------------ Mailed I - 765

May 4, 2007 ----------- I-765 approved

May 30, 2007 ----------- got a great job at www.swipeclock.com as an Accountant

Timeline
I have just passed the interview on Dec 20, due to the Birth Certificate, House registration and ID card I translated them into English by myself as well as made a copy of all. the consular officer will return all original and take copy.

any question, don't hesitate to ask and good luck

Waen

Thanks Waen for the info. We were going to include the copies of the translation in the packet of documents on the interview day, but the list did not specifically request them, so we just put them in a folder of "possibly requested docs." They never asked. We never saw the original K1 Submission at the interview, but if they had it, then they had the original translations anyway.

Secondly.......APPROVED!!!! We have been quite excited and it feels great to not have to worry about this more stressful part of the immigration process! I must say that in our particular case, USCIS, the State Dept. and the Embassy in Bangkok were all very efficient. I think the Embassy leaves a few holes in the paperwork, but nothing terrible. I just don't like the general forms they send for Packets 3 & 4. We mailed the I-129F on Oct. 18 and picked up the visa on Dec 22. A relatively short journey, but intensive in that it required a lot of work with the fine tooth comb. Lots of traveling and printing, scanning, copying at internet shops. Anyways, a huge amount of thanks to all of you who have helped us up to this point. This board is an invaluable resource. The process isn't over, so we will still be looking for info and I hope I can help others with what we have learned so far.

I'll start by giving a little breakdown of the interview day. I accompanied my Fiance to the interview and we were scheduled at 7:00 AM. We showed up and got in the line outside of the Embassy at about 6:15 AM. The line looked pretty long already and we got in the back. A man kind of randomly asked my fiance if she was Thai and told us that we were in the wrong line. We didn't notice but there were two lines. One line was all Cambodian applicants (That was the long one) and the other is for Thai applicants. I was quite surprised at the large number of Cambodian applicants there, which was about 80% of the people there. Anyways, we were allowed in at about 6:45 am, went through security and worked our way to the "Window 5" that has been spoken of before. The windows were opened up at 7:00 am and the Fiance cases were called to bring their paperwork up. My Fiance went to the window and submitted all the documents and was told to sit down and wait until she was called. There was only one other case there at the time and she and my fiance began chatting. She had a problem because she didn't have the DS-156 with the barcode. She was told to use the computers there to fill it out and print it with the barcode. The computers there are pretty clunky, like industrial grade with no mouse, and only a few options. I helped her fill out the form because she was having some problems figuring out the computer, which was understandable because the computer was a bit tricky. We waited for about 3 hours and everyone else there was called up by a number system. At about 10:00, my Fiance was called by name and went up to window 5. At this point, there was a caucasian man there. She went up alone and I just waited to see if she needed me for anything. She was there for about 2 minutes and the waived me to come up after he had asked her if I was there with her. The man asked her in Thai how many times I have been to Thailand, where did we meet, can I speak Thai, and how many days we would be in Bangkok. He filled out a card that instructed us to come the next day at 3:00 pm to pick up the visa and said thank you to us both. He was very nice and pleasant about everything. Then we left and returned at 3:00 pm the next day. I wasn't allowed in because the Embassy is technically closed at that time, but she went in and came out in about 5 minutes with the brown envelope. And that was that!

Maybe I was mentally overcomplicating it, but I thought it was actually more of a sit-down interview in a separate room. The interview was really just a few questions at the window. It went by before I even knew what happened. I was pretty nervous because I thought it was more a formal interview. Is this the standard drill? Well, that is how it all went down. Hope this gives all those who are due a little insight into their upcoming interviews. I have had the advantage of being able to be in Thailand with my Fiance and during the interview so I hope this gives a little perspective.

Good luck to all those who are coming up soon!

Timeline

Merry early Christmas to me!!! :thumbs:

The check was cashed today!!! :dance:

Happy Holidays everyone!!!

Alex

12/11/06 - I-129 was send to CSC

3/13/07 - NOA-2 Actual Date

3/22/07 - Arived to NVC, BNK2007XXXXXX number issued

3/29/07 - Leter from NVC via snail mail: I-129F was approved on March 26 and forwarded to BKK Embassy

3/31/07 - Medical Exam

4/2/07 - Packet 3 Send to Embassy

4/30/07 - BKK Embassy posted our interview date JUNE 11

6/11/07 - INTERVIEW DATE

6/11/07 - Interview

6/13/07 - Receive Visa

7/31/07 - POE San Francisco

8/26/07 - Recieve SSN card

9/4/07 - Applied for CA ID

10/26/07 - Wedding

11/2/07 - Filed AOS, EOD, Travel

11/13/07 - Check Cashed

11/9/07 - NOA-1 actual date (AOS, EOD, Travel)

11/16/07 - NOA - 1 arrived via snail mail

11/24/07 - I-797C NOA for Biometrics arived via snail mail

12/13/07 - Biometrics Appointment

1/9/08 - Email 1: Travel documents (I 131) were approved and mailed on January 5, 2008. Email 2: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION, Card production ordered on January 9, 2008

1/14/08 - Empoyment Card and Travel documents arrived in the mail.

5/6/08 - Interview in SF - APPROVED

2/24/10 - File I-751

4/1/10 - Biometrics Appointment

5/31/11 - Appled for Citizenship

Timeline

Big congrad to you guys and thanx Ultimoxo for the indept story of the interview.

My fiance inteview is coming up and she just got back from picking up her police report. She called me up after she got home after a 10 hours bus ride and said they made a mistake on her mom's D.O.B. with just a few days left till her interview there's no time to get it fix. The place closed down on the weekend and she'll have to travel to Thailand a couple days ahead cuz she'll have to pick up the correct vaccination record from the hospital. OMG we're freaking out right now. I just hope that it's not a big issue. Someone please tell me it's gonna be alright.

<07-25-06> Touched

<11-15-06> Packet 3 sent to embassy via express mail (still waiting for packet 3 from embassy)

<12-29-06> Visa in hand

<02-24-07> Recieved SS

<05-05-09> I-751 sent

Timeline
My fiance inteview is coming up and she just got back from picking up her police report. She called me up after she got home after a 10 hours bus ride and said they made a mistake on her mom's D.O.B. with just a few days left till her interview there's no time to get it fix. The place closed down on the weekend and she'll have to travel to Thailand a couple days ahead cuz she'll have to pick up the correct vaccination record from the hospital. OMG we're freaking out right now. I just hope that it's not a big issue. Someone please tell me it's gonna be alright.

If they do have a problem, she could possibly suggest having the correction done back home, picked up by a relative and faxed to Bangkok.

If you are really, really worried about it, then maybe look into flights from Phnom Penh to Bangkok for the 26th or early morning 27th and that gives her one or two days to fix it in Cambodia, and the rest of the 27th to pick up the vaccination record. I don't know where she is in Cambodia, but I think One-Two-Go also has flights from Siam Reap. That may be closer to her.

It probably can be fixed but it may be a cost vs. risk issue? How important is the error really? It's a tough call. I understand your concern.

If there is no time to fix it, you pretty much have to just go with it. It doesn't seem like a major error. They may not even spot it. I imagine they will be looking at the result of the screening as opposed to those details, but keep your fingers crossed.

Timeline

If they do have a problem, she could possibly suggest having the correction done back home, picked up by a relative and faxed to Bangkok.

If you are really, really worried about it, then maybe look into flights from Phnom Penh to Bangkok for the 26th or early morning 27th and that gives her one or two days to fix it in Cambodia, and the rest of the 27th to pick up the vaccination record. I don't know where she is in Cambodia, but I think One-Two-Go also has flights from Siam Reap. That may be closer to her.

It probably can be fixed but it may be a cost vs. risk issue? How important is the error really? It's a tough call. I understand your concern.

If there is no time to fix it, you pretty much have to just go with it. It doesn't seem like a major error. They may not even spot it. I imagine they will be looking at the result of the screening as opposed to those details, but keep your fingers crossed.

She called the place up and they said to bring it back to get it fix, but my fiance told them about her upcoming interview date and they said that it wasn't enought time to fix due to the amount of applicants they have and to just go with it and hope for the best.

<07-25-06> Touched

<12-29-06> Visa in hand

<02-24-07> Recieved SS

<05-05-09> I-751 sent

Timeline

She called the place up and they said to bring it back to get it fix, but my fiance told them about her upcoming interview date and they said that it wasn't enought time to fix due to the amount of applicants they have and to just go with it and hope for the best.

I have seen friend who went to interview without Police certificate, she was asked by consular officer very easy question like ultimoxo, but she couldn't get visa on the next business day. She also informed the reason why she couldn't get Police certificate and brought that document to the embassy later when she got it, then she got Visa after she submitted.

in my opinion, your fiancee should go to the embassy as appointed date, then bring the Police certificate later.

Hope that helps you little bit.

Waen

Robert (U.S.A.)------^--^------Waenphetch (Thailand)

September 27' 2005 -------------------------(Met online)

May 16' 2006---------- (Mailed application from Chiangmai, Thailand) to NSC

June 9' 2006--------- (NOA 1 Receipt date) ---CSC----

September 7' 2006------------(NOA 2 Receipt date)

December 20' 2006 (7 a.m.) -----------INTERVIEW Approved IMBRA discussed[/color]

December 24' 2006 ---------- POE - LA

December 26' 2006 ------------ Civil Marriage

December 28' 2006 ------------ Applied for SSN

January' 19' 2007 ------------- SSN Received

AOS Chicago

December 29' 2006 ----------- Mailed I-485

January' 5' 2007 -------------- NOA Receipt date (MSC)

January' 23' 2007 ------------ I-485 Transferred to CSC

January 26' 2007 ------------ Biometric done

February 7' 2007 ------------ Case pending at CSC

October 19, 2007 ------------ Approved email from CRIS (welcome notice sent on Oct 18)

March 14, 2007 ------------ Mailed I - 765

May 4, 2007 ----------- I-765 approved

May 30, 2007 ----------- got a great job at www.swipeclock.com as an Accountant

Timeline

Thanx waen

My fiance also have this notarized document from the chief district and commune where she live stating that she have never committed any crime or cost disturbants to the neighbor or society etc. etc... I told her if they ask anything about the police report then just show them the notarized document and explain why there's an error. Oh man it's been a long harsh year, please let it go smoothly on that day. Please, please, please please please.

<07-25-06> Touched

<12-29-06> Visa in hand

<02-24-07> Recieved SS

<05-05-09> I-751 sent

Timeline

Quick question about DS-156 first page there's a box for a 5x5 picture. I know that the embassy requested two 5x5 in passport style photo in packet 4 order of documents. Are they going to staple the applicant picture in that box or do you have to do it yourself?

thanx

<07-25-06> Touched

<12-29-06> Visa in hand

<02-24-07> Recieved SS

<05-05-09> I-751 sent

Timeline
Quick question about DS-156 first page there's a box for a 5x5 picture. I know that the embassy requested two 5x5 in passport style photo in packet 4 order of documents. Are they going to staple the applicant picture in that box or do you have to do it yourself?

thanx

Packet 4 tells you the order of all the documents. We just put the two pictures in a see through plastic baggie and put that in the place in order as they told us. After you hand in the DS-156, I think it goes into the brown envelope that you pick up when approved. The Embassy told my fiance that everything we gave to them was in the envelope. I don't know for sure what happens to it, but you don't see it. I do know that the pictures in the baggie were stapled to a page in her passport.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS ULTIMOXO!

You must be thrilled! I am so happy for you and your fiance. Thanks so much for the info on the interview, it makes me feel better :)

EVOLUTION:

I think I'd take the police report and present it, along with the other letter you have, and chances are they wont even look at the birth date. I'd have the replacement already 'in the works' just in case.

Bill

I-129f Journey:

2006-07-17 I-129F sent to CSC

2006-07-24 NOA1 (received)

2006-10-05 RFE (received)

2006-10-06 RFE (returned to CSC)

2006-10-23 NOA2

2007-01-29 Visa Approved!

2007-02-17 Ceremony in Thailand

2007-02-21 POE LAX - Fiance and her daughter enter the USA together, Easy-Peasy!

2007-03-05 Wedding in USA

AOS Journey:

2007-06-07 AOS for spouse and daughter sent

2007-06-16 NOA's arrive, (issued on the 13th)

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-07-13 Received RFE (Mailed on July 3rd)

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

2007-10-16 Interview date

2007-10-27 Green Cards Received!

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-07-24 Joint I-751 for spouse and daughter sent

2009-08-03 Received NOA1 dated 7/27/09

2009-08-03 Received Receipt and one year extension for wife

2009-08-03 Received "Verification Of Incusion Of A Dependent" for step-daughter

2009-08-27 Biometrics

2009-11-13 Green Cards Received

Citizenship Journey:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.