Bill y Bella

ATTENTION JULY FILERS!

6,102 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Hmm - we should help each other come up with ideas on how to stay sane :D I feel bad - I don't even miss my OH that much at the moment because I just feel so numb to everything... it's good in a way but it kinda sucks too :/

Staying sane is easy for me, I know nothing will happen fro 6 months from July 30 - that's the processing times for I-129F for CSC petitioners.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know but it is so hard knowing we have our wedding booked and that we are cutting things so fine... I wish we knew more about it all before we booked! I wish I knew about this site before!!!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

busy with work projects,but even that's driving me insane!

I'm worried that I'm gonna forget what my fiancee looks like if this visa takes too long.

We all need positive touches once in awhile...so positive touch to all in this process! :blink:

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-26

I-129F NOA1 issued : 2007-08-06

NOA2 received: 12/20/07

NVC received: 12/28/07

NVC sent to embassy 1/2/08

Packet 3 received: 1/15/08

Packet 3 sent: 1/21/08

Interview- 2/14/08

K1 Visa APPROVED- 2/15/08 and delivered 2/21/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

I'm not worried about forgetting what my OH looks like - I just get so fed up talking online all the time that sometimes it is nicer to just go off and do my own thing... maybe we just spend too much time online together - he worked early this weekend so I didn't see him so much and it was nice having a bit of breathing space :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Timeline
I'm not worried about forgetting what my OH looks like - I just get so fed up talking online all the time that sometimes it is nicer to just go off and do my own thing... maybe we just spend too much time online together - he worked early this weekend so I didn't see him so much and it was nice having a bit of breathing space :)

I hear you...we talk online too, especially after we both got our phone bills! But on his side the connection keeps getting dropped on msn. Do u know if we can use msn chats as proof of ongoing relationship? I've been saving it but we usually use it for voice chats. There's not much written there other than voice chat is on.

Interview- 2/14/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I hear you...we talk online too, especially after we both got our phone bills! But on his side the connection keeps getting dropped on msn. Do u know if we can use msn chats as proof of ongoing relationship? I've been saving it but we usually use it for voice chats. There's not much written there other than voice chat is on.

Use Skype for talking over the internet. It is much more reliable and is also free!! The other good thing about Skype is that you can print out your call history which can be used as evidence of an ongoing relationship.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that feels that way sometimes. Sometimes I just dread getting on the dang computer and talking on the phone, I'd almost rather go do something else. Of course I work on computers all day for a living so that might something to do with it. Sometimes my eyes are just so darn tired I can't even bring myself to turn the computer on.

09/03/08 - Visa Approved!!!!!!!

09/10/08 - Picked up visa

09/20/08 - Arrived in the US - WHOOOOHOOOOO!

12/06/08 - Wedding

01/12/09 - AOS sent

That's what's nice about Skype. I have a headset and a wireless mic so if the kids are home or I don't feel like being tied to the computer, I can wear the wireless and still cook supper, go out into the yard, etc. And he gets to find out what life is like in our home. He says he feels as if he's there. I also email him every night so that he wakes up to an email and he emails me from work so I wake up with an email from him. We also text when we're not around the computers. It makes the time go by quickly.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I'm not going insane either; I guess it helped that right from the beginning I knew we were in for a pretty long wait, so it's never surprised me that we're waiting a long time... planning is fun, too; David just set up a forum on his website - we're the only two members - where we have threads about what we're going to plant in the garden, what furniture we need; we even have a thread where we re-post all the useful visa information we've found so it's all there in one place :D

we talk every night as well... talk talk, which is a normal phone plan, but free to the US (landlines and mobiles), and we leave each other PMs on the forum where we met, and email... I think we do ok :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that feels that way sometimes. Sometimes I just dread getting on the dang computer and talking on the phone, I'd almost rather go do something else. Of course I work on computers all day for a living so that might something to do with it. Sometimes my eyes are just so darn tired I can't even bring myself to turn the computer on.

Reassuring I'm not the only one as well!! I can't wait until we can be together properly and actually do things instead of feel like we are wasting away passing time waiting for when we can actually live our lives!!

We peak and trough - we have our website, we like playing online games, we watch tv shows together and things :) But sometimes I get excited about seeing him then it's just such an anticlimax because t is more of the same over and over!!

I guess we'll all get there in the end - I just wish things weren't so restricting in the meantime!! I love the internet and computers but living my life in front of one wasn't what I had in mind ;) (well not life but you know what I mean)

Plus I need new glasses now cause I get headaches :P

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Reassuring I'm not the only one as well!! I can't wait until we can be together properly and actually do things instead of feel like we are wasting away passing time waiting for when we can actually live our lives!!

We peak and trough - we have our website, we like playing online games, we watch tv shows together and things :) But sometimes I get excited about seeing him then it's just such an anticlimax because t is more of the same over and over!!

I guess we'll all get there in the end - I just wish things weren't so restricting in the meantime!! I love the internet and computers but living my life in front of one wasn't what I had in mind ;) (well not life but you know what I mean)

I find it hard to remember sometimes how fulfilling it was just talking to one another on the internet. Once you meet, then it's simply not the same. I find myself getting frustrated a lot with chatting on yahoo. We used to spend hours chatting happily online. Now we prefer the phone (I have talk talk too so the cost is not an issue) but it will never be quite right until we're actually together again.

It's all getting closer for all of us though :) That thought (when i remind myself) keeps me sane.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I find it hard to remember sometimes how fulfilling it was just talking to one another on the internet. Once you meet, then it's simply not the same. I find myself getting frustrated a lot with chatting on yahoo. We used to spend hours chatting happily online. Now we prefer the phone (I have talk talk too so the cost is not an issue) but it will never be quite right until we're actually together again.

It's all getting closer for all of us though :) That thought (when i remind myself) keeps me sane.

Looks like everyone's in the same boat. Ours is phone all the time. There was a time when I would hate answering anyone else's phone because I was on the phone all the time with him.

I am sure there is light at the end of the tunnel. I sure can't wait to see it.

A smooth visa journey and much speed to all!

K-1 Timeline

07-27-2007: I-129F mailed to TSC

07-30-2007: Return receipt signed by TSC

09-12-2007: Petition returned by USCIS, asked to change to new fee schedule and resubmit

09-14-2007: Letter to congressman with copy of postmarked envelope asking for help with appealing rejection

09-20-2007: Reply from Congressman to send it back with old fee and copy of post-mark. Package sent again directly to VSC

09-24-2007: USPS delivered package to VSC at 2:32 PM

10-16-2007: NOA1 issued

10-19-2007: Touched

10-22-2007: NOA1 Received in the mail!!!!!!!!!!! Finally! and touched again the next day

12/20/2007: Touched!

12/21/2007: Touched

12/26/2007: RFE received in the mail and RFE reply sent the same day

01/02/2007: USCIS website update - received notice and case processing resumed

01/04/2008: touched

01/06/2008: Touched on a SUnday??????

01/07/2008: touched and APPROVED later in the day!!!!!!

01/10/2008: NOA2 Hard Copy Received

01/14/2008: NVC received and left the next day

01/28/2008: Packet 3 received

02/04/2008: Packet 3 submitted at US Consulate Mumbai

02/08/2008: Packet 4 received

04/14/2008: Interview!!!!!

06/02/08: POE JFK Received Temporary EAD Expires August 31st

06/06/08: Got married!

06/12/08: Applied for Bhushan's SSN

06/20/08: Received SSN in the mail

07/18/08: AOS packet mailed

07/21/08: Received by Chicago LockBox

07/25/08: Check cashed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

quick question...from your not so computer savy co-july filer.... :help:

i want to post a pic of my sweetie and me as part of my profile...everytime I try...it says "upload failed...contact system administrator".....any clues...I'm sure it's user error.... :whistle:

Sent I129-F on July 23rd to NSC

Received on July 25th at NSC

Check cashed by CSC on Aug 3rd

NOA1 mailed from CSC on Aug 2nd (Notice Date on form is Aug 1st)

Touched on August 7th.......

Touched on Sept.14...(due to me contacting CSC about the "jr." following his name...

Touched on Sept.19...again due to call to CSC about typo on NOA1..

Going to Manila Nov 1st for work...Get to spend 2 fantastic months with my baby!

With any luck, I will get my NOA2 when I get home in January!

!!!!!! WOW!!!! We are approved on Dec 21st!!!!! And I get to celebrate it here in Manila with my baby!

Visa in hand April 02, 2008

POE Mpls/St Paul May 04, 2008

Married! August 1st

AOS Papaerwork to Chicago August 20, 2008

Signed for by V. Bustamante on August 22nd

Check cashed August 29th

NOAs and Biometics appointment letters received September 5th

Biometrics appointment in St Paul on September 20th

Sept. 22nd - Touch

Sept. 23rd - Touch

Sept. 30th - I-485 Touch- Transfered to CSC

Oct. 6th - I-485 Touch - Arrive in CA?

Oct. 7th - Touch

Oct. 8th - Touch...I know, I know, I check the website too much

Nov. 8th - AP Approved!!

Nov. 13th - EAD Production ordered!!!

Nov. 20th - EAD arrived in mail!

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

04/04/2009 - Welcome letter arrives

Timeline
quick question...from your not so computer savy co-july filer.... :help:

i want to post a pic of my sweetie and me as part of my profile...everytime I try...it says "upload failed...contact system administrator".....any clues...I'm sure it's user error.... :whistle:

Is the picture file under 100k? Cuz it won't accept it if the picture size is over 100k. Also check to see if it's in a jpeg format.

Interview- 2/14/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.