Bill y Bella

ATTENTION JULY FILERS!

6,102 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
All july filers should rally in front of the USCIS and demand our visas be processed now.

probably unfair to the people that have been waiting 120 days for their NOA2, or the april and may filers still waiting. I think now that they have new fees, they need to deposit all the checks. get it all in there from all the petitions waiting in the containers out in the parking lots etc. then start hiring more staff so they can catch up every one. If you can approve a petition in 15 minutes, how much training do you need?

Chris

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did finally get to speak to a human on the USCIS line.

I first told her that I had received the notice asking me to resubmit my application, told her about the postmark issue and what USCIS had on their website. Like I had expected she said she did not take care of these issues and could not help me with that. I then asked her who would be able to help me with that. She said there wasn't really anything I could do about it or appeal the rejection, or send the petition back without the new fee. Basically, they would just send it back. So I asked her what I COULD do to get me out of this. Her answer "Do what the notice says" If it asks you to resubmit with the new fee then do it.

I also asked her about my two year deadline mark. At first she said it would be fine but then I think she understood exactly what was going on and she told me that I would have to meet that requirement. "If a rejection notice is sent to you, even if it is just for the fee it is considered as never having been filed." So basically like everyone here said - start over. She said that if by applying now we do not meet the requirement for question 18 B then we should apply after we meet the requirement. But she also added that she had no way of knowing or telling me if they would make an exception for a case like this.

I said, " well what can I do to contest the postmark date memo on the USCIS website or if the issue of an RFE arises after I resubmit?"

She said "get advice from an attorney, community assistance, state bar association or get an infopass appointment."

No help. She did not seem to know or be of any help any more than all of you here. USCIS National Customer Service reps do not handle these cases and will not tell anyone any more than someone else who has memorized the book of USCIS rules. Its almost as if they have prerecorded speeches about the policies.

The first appointment I could get with an attorney is next Friday. Have send out several emails as well. I am going to try and see if I can get in touch with one sooner. Regardless of what the attorney says or can do, I have started preparing for a trip to India. If thats what its going to take now then thats what its gonna take. I did get in touch with a couple of other people who received the same rejection notice for wrong fee. They seem to have gotten nowhere yet either. Will keep you all posted.

OK, I hate to say I told you so about USCIS, but...

Now, will you please contact your congressman and / or senator? It seems to me you are wasting time. The attorney route is going to take a long time and cost you money. And what can the attorney do? You are not going to take the USCIS to court. So the most he can do is write a letter. Trust me, the same letter coming from a congressman or senator will help you a lot more.

If you want to follow the attorney path fine, but there is no reason you should not ask for FREE and potentially very effective help from your elected representives at the same time. A letter from your senator with your package when you send it back may be just what you need to get past the contract employees, get you placed in line where you belong and eliminate the 2 year problem.

Just my 2 cents. I wish you well.

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Maybe I am a little web-based spreadsheet-challenged. But how does one add to such a sheet? Do we send information to a moderator? Not that mine would count any more in the July filers :crying: but for future reference.

Currently you need to send your info to weedebz in a private message and she will enter it.

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
I hadn't thought about it until now, but the spreadsheet for July filers (which is brilliant, by the way) includes some 30th and 31st July applicants. I have no idea whether these are receipt dates and therefore whether they are old fee or new fee applicants.

I think we agreed to use the dates on the NOA1 hard copies but then again... who knows - it isn't regulated so ;)

In that case I'm not a July filer. Not even a September filer at this stage :(

No NOA-1 yet ?

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

June 28th 2007 sent 1-129f to NSC

July 11th 2007 NOA-1 received date on NOA-1 (now at CSC)

July 19th 2007 NAO 1 Reciept date on NOA-1

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

Dec 13th 2007 - arrives at NVC

Dec 20th 2007 - leaves NVC on route to GUZ

March 10th 2008- P3 sent & returned

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

Filing to Noa -1 -13 days

NOA-1 to NOA-2 - 133 days

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

P-3 to interview - 73 days

Interview to visa - 10 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Has anyone noticed on the VJ processing time charts show that anyone filing for I-130 has a shorter wait time than people filing for the I-129F?

I wonder how long this trend will last- considering I-129F has historically been faster....

7/27/07-I-129F sent out to VSC via overnight mail

07/27/07-VSC receives our I-129F- signed for by A. SCOT

8/10/07-check cashed

12/17/2007-NVC receives our case

12/19/07-petition leaves NVC

12/28/07-petition is received by Embassy

01/07/08-he receives Packet 3!

01/11/08-sends in Packet 3 w/out checklist...waiting on police cert :-(

01/15/08- Medical Appointment

01/17/08- receive police certificate

01/18/08-send in checklist!

01/30/08- he receives Packet 4!

02/20/08- 10am INTERVIEW DATE!- APPROVED!!!

03/06/2008- he leaves England to be with me

04/19/08-OurWedding!

FILE FOR AOS, EAD & AP:

05/29/08- Sent via USPS to Chicago

06/02/08-pkg signed for by J Mac

06/06/2008-NOA1 for AOS, EAD, AP

06/10/2008- received NOA1 information in the mail

6/25/2008- Biometrics Appointment goes well:)

6/26/2008- Finally able to check the status of our cases online!

7/08/2008-AOS touch

7/08/2008-e-mail with notice that AOS has been transferred to CSC

7/11/2008-AOS touch

7/11/2008-e-mail with notice that CSC has received AOS application

7/14/2008-AOS touch

7/15/2008-AOS touch

8/07/2008-Notice EAD card production ordered!

8/07/2008-EAD Approval notice sent!

8/07/2008-AP Approval notice sent!

8/16/2008-Received EAD card in the mail!

8/18/2008-Received AP papers in the mail!

8/22/2008-AOS touch

...patiently waiting for AOS...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I hadn't thought about it until now, but the spreadsheet for July filers (which is brilliant, by the way) includes some 30th and 31st July applicants. I have no idea whether these are receipt dates and therefore whether they are old fee or new fee applicants.

I think we agreed to use the dates on the NOA1 hard copies but then again... who knows - it isn't regulated so ;)

No NOA-1 yet ?

No news at all. We keep checking the bank to see if the check has been presented, but nothing as yet. I looked on the USCIS website update for CSC and it said they had dealt with all forms delivered before the 28th August so I am a little concerned (understated). I figure a phone call is going to do little at this stage with the problems the service centers are facing.

No NOA-1 yet ?

No news at all. We keep checking the bank to see if the check has been presented, but nothing as yet. I looked on the USCIS website update for CSC and it said they had dealt with all forms delivered before the 28th August so I am a little concerned (understated). I figure a phone call is going to do little at this stage with the problems the service centers are facing.

If it is any comfort, there are 9 VJ members who sent petitions to CSC between 8/8 & 8/14 inclusive. One could assume that their petitions arrived in CSC at roughly the same time as your's or a few days before. Only one of them has reported receiving their NOA1.

I am thinking the USCIS website is not telling the whole story.

My Timeline:

Timeline

No NOA-1 yet ?

If it is any comfort, there are 9 VJ members who sent petitions to CSC between 8/8 & 8/14 inclusive. One could assume that their petitions arrived in CSC at roughly the same time as your's or a few days before. Only one of them has reported receiving their NOA1.

I am thinking the USCIS website is not telling the whole story.

I am sure you're right about the USCIS website. Do you know whether these VJ members have had checks cashed at all? I'm ignoring the NOA1 issue completely now as I've read that many people never receive theirs. I figure the check is the biggest indicator that my application is filed on the system finally.

I'm trying not to get too down about this since you mentioned the received date on the NOA1 being the effective queue date. At least that means that I'm only a couple of weeks behind where I thought we would be. But, what concerns me most is that the petition is 'lost' and that we will have to resubmit the petition. When should we make the decision to resubmit? We are already 7 weeks down the line from where we thought we were. I know if I phone for progress it will be a waste of time...if the check isn't cashed then it's unlikely anyone has touched the application at all.

Maybe I should be reading the August filers thread to get a gauge on how things are doing. I am reluctant to give up my July filer status :P especially since you made me so welcome here :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I'd call; what can it hurt? worst scenario is you don't know anything at the end of it, and that's where you are right now... worth a shot, I think :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

I am sure you're right about the USCIS website. Do you know whether these VJ members have had checks cashed at all? I'm ignoring the NOA1 issue completely now as I've read that many people never receive theirs. I figure the check is the biggest indicator that my application is filed on the system finally.

I'm trying not to get too down about this since you mentioned the received date on the NOA1 being the effective queue date. At least that means that I'm only a couple of weeks behind where I thought we would be. But, what concerns me most is that the petition is 'lost' and that we will have to resubmit the petition. When should we make the decision to resubmit? We are already 7 weeks down the line from where we thought we were. I know if I phone for progress it will be a waste of time...if the check isn't cashed then it's unlikely anyone has touched the application at all.

Maybe I should be reading the August filers thread to get a gauge on how things are doing. I am reluctant to give up my July filer status :P especially since you made me so welcome here :)

Since a lot of people get their case # off of their cancelled check and then get their NOA1 date on the USCIS website, I am assuming that no one else has a cancelled check either.

The August forum does not look very active or organized. Why don't you do some timeline searches and monitor it that way? It is a quick way to extract the information you want. I can help you if you need some guidance on how to search the timelines.

I think you need to temporarily stop thinking of yourself as a July filer and think of yourself as a mid August filer until you get your NOA1. As a mid August filer you have lots of company. Even looking at the larger group of those who sent their petitions 8/1 - 8/15, 10 of 19 are still without NOA1. Hard to believe but true.

You surely do not want to send a new petition now when so many others are in the same boat. I think it is extremely unlikely that your petition is lost.

My Timeline:

Timeline

Since a lot of people get their case # off of their cancelled check and then get their NOA1 date on the USCIS website, I am assuming that no one else has a cancelled check either.

The August forum does not look very active or organized. Why don't you do some timeline searches and monitor it that way? It is a quick way to extract the information you want. I can help you if you need some guidance on how to search the timelines.

I think you need to temporarily stop thinking of yourself as a July filer and think of yourself as a mid August filer until you get your NOA1. As a mid August filer you have lots of company. Even looking at the larger group of those who sent their petitions 8/1 - 8/15, 10 of 19 are still without NOA1. Hard to believe but true.

You surely do not want to send a new petition now when so many others are in the same boat. I think it is extremely unlikely that your petition is lost.

I've changed my timeline to reflect my application receipt (i.e. 15th August) and there's a window of applications received at CSC between the 10th and 24th of August, none of whom have received NOA1's. Unless this is due to members not updating then it looks likely that there IS a box of petitions sitting waiting for processing at CSC.

Thanks for advising using the search timeline thing. I had no idea I could do that :) I should really keep watching those August forums.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

it's all gone very quiet this weekend.

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

Maybe we're just hitting a bit of a slump - waited long enough to get fed up but know the end isn't really in sight at the moment... Realistically we all know that the chances of us getting our NOA2 is (understatement) highly unlikely but it doesn't stop us all wishing anyway :)

Def think more people need to be employed though - like Chris said - if it only takes 15 minutes to approve a petition (that doesn't have added complications) then why can't they just employ more people and get on with it?!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Timeline
If there is so much disagreement between us over the definition of the wording it is no wonder that USCIS staff are dealing with applications differently. Those who are getting petitions returned need clarification on this, nonetheless, so thanks to those of you who are providing advice on how to interpret this.

I personally don't see the ambiguity in the wording at all although 'otherwise' should perhaps have been made more transparent. It has to be postmarked by US Mail or proof provided of an alternative delivery method before the 30th July. Delivery on the 30th July or later should not discount an application from the old fee schedule provided there is proof that the petition was submitted to an official intermediate body before that date.

It would be useful to hear firsthand from anyone submitting under the old fee schedule who has experience of this, i.e. had an application returned or received NOA1 or had their check cashed with a delivery date on or after the 30th July.

Just making my weekly view of the thread, so much going on but here - I got my NOA in my signature - it's dated July 30, receipt was July 23rd.

I should still be on the spreadsheet as a July filer, I paid the previous fees.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Let's have hope everyone! :thumbs: I know it sucks so much to wait so long time. I sent my application and received in July 28th and got NOA1 in August 6th. Got touched in August 10th, but nothing happened since. I hate to be waiting, but that's all I can do now. I do not know it will take up to 120days for us to get NOA2 because a lot of folks are getting NOA2 less than 120days. But, we never know. Well, I really hope that USCIS will hurry up. Does anyone get touched from USCIS?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.