Bill y Bella

ATTENTION JULY FILERS!

6,102 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

August is like a ghost town.

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

i sent on 26th they received 27th still no noa1. vj estimated to be december 7th till approval.

so, if they havent done anything to my app, will the estimate be move to later date? is nebraska this slow? or they send my app to csc? so many questions in my mind right now.

:blink::blink::blink::blink::crying:

I am going to miss the VJ site for the next 10 days or so - I am flying out to see my honeybunch in the UK. :dance: This will be an interesting experience for me as I have never been out of the country. Maybe someone can help me with a question - I am taking wine, cheese and honey with me and have everything packed in a box. Can they check that box? Does it go towards my weight limit for check in? I am so new and this and emailed the airline and didn't receive any responses. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

One thing I won't stop thinking about is the good news that we are all longing to hear. I am praying that it will be sooner than expected. I keep hearing of the dates going backward - mine went from October 26th to November 25th. Ugh! Let's just keep our chins up and get through this together. As I am with the sunshine of my life, I will think of all of you and pray that you can be with your sunshines soon too!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

i sent on 26th they received 27th still no noa1. vj estimated to be december 7th till approval.

so, if they havent done anything to my app, will the estimate be move to later date? is nebraska this slow? or they send my app to csc? so many questions in my mind right now.

:blink::blink::blink::blink::crying:

Nebraska is forwarding your application to CALIFORNIA Service Center. I still have not received my NOA1 in the mail, but I called and got the receipt number and saw it was issued on August 2nd. Don't stress, i was going crazy about the NOA1 at first....just call and get your receipt number then check your status online. If you have any questions about how to do it, PM me.

21 JUL 07 : K1 package mailed to Nebraska Service Center

24 JUL 07 : K1 arrived in Lincoln, NE

24 JUL 07 : USPS status of package: DELIVERED:)

02 AUG 07 : NOA1 from CSC

03 DEC 07: NOA2

12 DEC 07: NVC Receives

14 DEC 07: NVC sends to Bangkok

17 DEC 07: Consulate receives

08 JAN 08: Packet 3 sent

08 JAN 08: Given date of interview

11 JAN 08: Interview...approved already before getting to the window!...NO questions asked

25 JAN 08: My lady arrives in IAD-Washington DC:)

19 APR 08: Married in Alexandria, VA (5 days before Visa expires)

20 JUN 08: Mailing in AOS packet

18 DEC 09: GREEN CARD RECEIVED:)

I am going to miss the VJ site for the next 10 days or so - I am flying out to see my honeybunch in the UK. :dance: This will be an interesting experience for me as I have never been out of the country. Maybe someone can help me with a question - I am taking wine, cheese and honey with me and have everything packed in a box. Can they check that box? Does it go towards my weight limit for check in? I am so new and this and emailed the airline and didn't receive any responses. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

One thing I won't stop thinking about is the good news that we are all longing to hear. I am praying that it will be sooner than expected. I keep hearing of the dates going backward - mine went from October 26th to November 25th. Ugh! Let's just keep our chins up and get through this together. As I am with the sunshine of my life, I will think of all of you and pray that you can be with your sunshines soon too!

you need to find out if the UK has restrictions as to what you are allowed to bring from the US without claiming it at customs...some things are just simply not allowed to be imported...like from italy, one cannot being cheese, prosciutto, and some other foods...other things are allowed, but with restriction on quantity...an example: one can bring one single bottle of wine with them from italy to the us...any more than that has to be claimed at customs...you want to avoid claiming anything, because it makes things go much faster...the liquids will not be allowed on the plane with you, so you will have to check that bag and it will go toward your weight allowance (usually about 50 lbs i think)...whatever you physically carry onto the plane with you does not count toward that limit...you should be able to check the box with all of the things, you can check just about anything as long as its not illegal

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

yes; DON'T get caught out with the liquids; it's so annoying... most airports require all liquids, gels and pastes (think laterally! this includes things like toothpaste, even lipstick, and will definitely include the honey) in your hand luggage to be in containers of 100mls or smaller, and stored separately in a plastic zip-lock bag which you can show at various check points

and the UK has restrictions on dairy and meat from outside the EU; I'd read up carefully on the rules before leaving... while, as a previous poster has said, you'd prefer not to get held up in customs because it can be lengthy, you definitely don't want to be caught bringing in something prohibited that you haven't declared

if you check the box as hold luggage none of the size limits I mentioned above will apply, but you'll still need to clear customs :)

have a great trip! you must be excited :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

yes; DON'T get caught out with the liquids; it's so annoying... most airports require all liquids, gels and pastes (think laterally! this includes things like toothpaste, even lipstick, and will definitely include the honey) in your hand luggage to be in containers of 100mls or smaller, and stored separately in a plastic zip-lock bag which you can show at various check points

and the UK has restrictions on dairy and meat from outside the EU; I'd read up carefully on the rules before leaving... while, as a previous poster has said, you'd prefer not to get held up in customs because it can be lengthy, you definitely don't want to be caught bringing in something prohibited that you haven't declared

if you check the box as hold luggage none of the size limits I mentioned above will apply, but you'll still need to clear customs :)

have a great trip! you must be excited :)

Thank you Babybluesusie and StillThe Prettiest. Yes, this information helps greatly! Thank you. I will check again with my honey to get him checking on this before I leave tomorrow.

And yes, yes, yes - I am very excited. I have butterflies so bad I think I'm going to throw up. :wacko:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi All! Speaking of UK, I am going to London to meet with my fiance. My first time there, very exited!!!!

Could you please suggest me some decent hotel? I am trying to book it now, but by reading TripAdviser just realized how expensive the ones that has even a minimum comfort level.

I really want to have this visit the memorable one, but at the same time can't afford to spend a lot :-(.

I would sacrifice location for comfort ( not sure on which day we finally will going to leave our room ;-) -haven't seen each other since last August ), but still want it to be in a safe, nice neighborhood, and conveniently connected to some famous places.

Any ideas, please!

My timeline:

K-1 visa

05 - 16 - 2007 - Sending off of my I-129F package

10 - 16 - 2007-Got NOA2 !!!!

12 - 11 - 2007 Interview date

K1 visa -APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

January 15, 2008 -married

Submitted docs for AOS ...but ,very unfortunately, my husband had to return back to Ukraine due to emergency without travel document (AP)

Starting K3 process ......

back to the waiting game...

K-3 route

07-10-2008-I-130 sent

07-15-2008-Check cashed

07-16-2008-NOA1 at CSC

07-21-2008-Hard copy of NOA1

07-23-2008-129F sent

07-27-2008-129F received at Chicago lock box (sent by mistake there instead of CSC)..

08-12-2008 I-130 NOA 2 !!!!!!!!!

08-16-2008-I-130 NOA2 hard copy

NVC

08-19-2008 Case is in NVC (Changed my mind and now going CR1 route)

08-21-2008 Got IIN

08-26-2008 Paid AOS Bill online

08-26-2008-Sent DS3032 by mail

08-28-2008 AOS shows as Paid

08-29-2008-AOS package sent USPS overnight

08-29-2008 Paid IV bill online

08-30-2008 IV Bill shows as Paid

09-02-2008 AOS package recieved

09-03-2008 DS230 sent USPS overnight

09-05-2008 Both AOS and DS230 entered in the system

09-12-2008- CASE COMPLETE!!!!! 23 days for NVC ?? !!!! YESSS!!!!

10-29-2008-INTERVIEW!!!!-PASSED!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Have fun! BG is coming from england to visit so I'm excited too!!

You'll have to check it in as liquids aren't allowed as carry on. Depending on airline, weight limit is 50 pounds per bag. However, if you are going by any of the british airlines, then their weight limit I believe might be less.. Which airline are u taking??

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-26

I-129F NOA1 issued : 2007-08-06

NOA2 received: 12/20/07

NVC received: 12/28/07

NVC sent to embassy 1/2/08

Packet 3 received: 1/15/08

Packet 3 sent: 1/21/08

Interview- 2/14/08

K1 Visa APPROVED- 2/15/08 and delivered 2/21/08

Wedding 3/21/08

3354.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Olya, it's all relative (ie I don't think you'll find anything really good that's also reasonably priced in London), but I'd try for a B&B or smaller hotel in the Bloomsbury area... a short walk from King's Cross station, and quite central, and not horribly expensive... in fact any B&B is usually better than a hotel, as a rule

though that said, my cousin just stayed in the Ibis (big chain of hotels) behind Euston station and found it very reasonable and quite centrally located

hope that's of use...

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

:blink: :blink: No posts virtually all night.... :blink: :blink:

August is sucking :huh:

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

I can't say for bringing things into the UK but I know I can take cheese back into the US as my OH can't live without decent British cheese!!!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I guess it is time to join this thread instead of just observing it! I am glad for this thread!!!

Anyway, my finance and I send the I-129F on July 28th to Nebraska where it was received on July 30th. That was the last time I heard from it :crying:

Do you think it is too early to call them in California to ask what happened?

It seems that people in this thread have gotten to know each other very well, so here is my story:

I (from Germany) came to Minnesota, USA as an Aupair when I was 20 years old. After my year was almost over, my hostfamily asked me if I wanted to stay and they would pay for my college. I decided to do so and applied for my student visa in Germany. After 4 months, I decided that it was too much. I had to be a full time student to keep my visa but my hostmom still wanted me to work 50 hours a week for her 3 young children. I felt like I had no free time and I didn't have much patience left. So I told them that I would leave to go back to Germany in 4 months. 3 Weeks before I was suppose to leave, I took a trip to Maui, Hawaii with a friend of mine. We stayed at a youth hostel and during those 10 days, I fell in love with the tourguide. I had to leave to work 10 more days in Minnesota but after those 10 days I went back to Maui instead of Germany. My parents were shocked to say the least. The owner of the youth hostel had offered me to be his summer nanny and pay for the flight. So I figured even if it doesn't work out with this guy---there is still 3 months living on Maui.

Well, it turned out that we were madly in love and still are to this day. It was funny. He was originally from Minnesota as well. We had only lived 20 minutes apart in Minnesota but had to meet in Hawaii. After the summer was over, we moved back to Minnesota and I started up school again to stay in the country. I finished my degree in December 2005 and worked for one year before I left the country. I wanted to find out if I really wanted to live in the US as I had gotten homesick before. Well, I stayed 5 months and I realized, I can't be without this man. The only problem was that he was still married to someone in Switzerland. They hadn't been together for 6 years but so far she didn't want to sign the paper. Finally during my last trip this summer, the divorce came finally through :dance: .

So we have been together 4 years and I was hoping to get married on our 5 year anniversary in March on Maui. Well, after reading all your posts and not being able to receive my NOA1 yet, I hoping to get married at all next year.

So right now, I am waiting while eating a lot of candy---because I am so frustrated. This is of course not good because I wanted to loose weight to find a nice dress. Well, I hope my new job in a health club will help me. I am also waiting for my sweetheart to come out and stay in Germany for a while. I am just trying to figure out how long he can stay and if he would be able to do an internship or something.

Well, thanks for listening and good luck to everyone!

7-28-07 I-129F send to NSC

7-30-07 I-129F was delivered at the NSC

8-04-08 Christine left to Germany

8-23-07 CSC cashed our check

8-27-07 received NOA1

1-14-08 NOA 2 was issued

1-25-08 Medical in Hamburg, Germany

2-29-08 Interview in Frankfurt, Germany

3-14-08 Visa in the Mail

4-02-08 Flight to Minneapolis

5-25-08 Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I was also wondering if someone can tell me how I can change my profile. I tried but I can click on anything to change it. For example I would like to add a timeline on the side.

Thanks

7-28-07 I-129F send to NSC

7-30-07 I-129F was delivered at the NSC

8-04-08 Christine left to Germany

8-23-07 CSC cashed our check

8-27-07 received NOA1

1-14-08 NOA 2 was issued

1-25-08 Medical in Hamburg, Germany

2-29-08 Interview in Frankfurt, Germany

3-14-08 Visa in the Mail

4-02-08 Flight to Minneapolis

5-25-08 Wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.