ATTENTION JULY FILERS!

6,102 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I got my new Texas bean bag now to help STP get in the spirit. yay!

"The course of true love never did run smooth" - William Shakespeare

K1:

10/29/05...met online

11/23/05...met in person for the first time in London, England

06/29/07...got engaged!

07/19/07...mailed I-129F via certified express overnight mail

08/02/07...check cashed

08/04/07...NOA1 received in mail

12/11/07...NOA2 issued from CRIS email!! YAY!

12/12/07...touch!

12/17/07...received hard copy of noa2

1/14/08.....file reaches NVC

1/28/08.....packet 3 received

2/29/08.....medical interview

4/01/08.....interview

04/03/08...visa in hand!!

04/14/08...POE JFK!

05/17/08...Wedding!

Adjustment of status

06/21/08...Mailed AOS,EAD, and AP paperwork

06/27/08...NOA1

07/17/08...Biometrics

07/29/08...Transferred to CSC

08/21/08...Touch I-485!

08/22/08...Touch I-485!

08/25/08...Received AP in the mail!

08/28/08...Received EAD in the mail!

08/29/08...Email from CRIS welcoming the new permanent resident! YAY!

09/06/08...Green card received in mail!

Yes, she did say that my information was received - at least that's what the website says. She was of no help.

Some day this will all be a blurr.

It wouldn't be possible for me to move to the UK - I have two small girls that I cannot leave behind and their father would never allow me to leave the country with them. Our only option is for Phil to move here.

You're right Jeraly - I have until the end of the month. GO 8 BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I asked the question - will I get my NOA2 today - This is what it said...

I hope you can read it.

Yay!! That would be soooo awesome!! :D

And I LOVE the Texas beanbag!! Wowo - I didn't realise what I started!!! :lol:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Approved for visa!!!!

Hoorayyyyyyyyyyyy... Steve had his visa interview in Sydney today (30 Jan) at 8am, which went very smoothly despite a couple hours of waiting. He was thanked several times for having everything ready and in order, and the only questions they asked were when we were getting married and where we'd be living. Easy!! Nothing about the affidavit or any other forms, and no asking for evidence of our relationship. Oh well! He's leaving from Sydney tonight so they're sending his visa via Express Post.

Only 2 weeks and 6 days now!!!...but who's counting :innocent: So many of us are so close now - just think how far we've come!!! Thanks to all fellow July-filers for their information and support - you've been a tremendous help to us both. (L)

:dance:

My K-1 Timeline!

05-2005 Steve and I met while I was studying abroad in Australia

2005-2007 Visits back and forth

06-29-2007 Proposal!!

07-09-2007 I-129F sent to VSC

07-11-2007 I-129F received by VSC

07-13-2007 NOA1

11-26-2007 NOA2 via USCIS website!!!

11-29-2007 Case sent to Sydney from NVC

11-30-2007 NOA2 hardcopy received

12-04-2007 Case received by consulate in Sydney

12-12-2007 Received Packet 3

01-02-2008 Sent Packet 3

01-15-2008 Received Packet 4

01-30-2008 Interview - approved!!!!!!

02-01-2008 Visa delivered!

02-18-2008 US Entry (JFK)

04-19-2008 WEDDING!!

pAZVm5.png

Filed: Timeline
Approved for visa!!!!

Hoorayyyyyyyyyyyy... Steve had his visa interview in Sydney today (30 Jan) at 8am, which went very smoothly despite a couple hours of waiting. He was thanked several times for having everything ready and in order, and the only questions they asked were when we were getting married and where we'd be living. Easy!! Nothing about the affidavit or any other forms, and no asking for evidence of our relationship. Oh well! He's leaving from Sydney tonight so they're sending his visa via Express Post.

Only 2 weeks and 6 days now!!!...but who's counting :innocent: So many of us are so close now - just think how far we've come!!! Thanks to all fellow July-filers for their information and support - you've been a tremendous help to us both. (L)

Wow, great news! Congratulations!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Congrats Jennybeni! So happy for you!!!!!

It looks like we'll be in a slight delay for Peter sending off his packet 3. He called the army place, and it seems they didn't send his papers when they should have. This was back on December 18th. So they are putting a 'rush' on it. We shall see. He got his blood drawn today for a chicken pox titer and they said the results would be ready in a week.

It's looking like our Spring break wedding will be a bust unless a miracle happens. If that's the case, we might as well wait until June too....I won't have any more holidays the rest of the school year unless I take time off work. I went on a little rant to Peter about his procrastinating things again....about him not following up on the papers sooner.....he got mad at me :angry: ...I think we're both feeling the impending reality and a bit of stress :wacko: . Anyone else getting the little 'rumble of reality' feelings?

"The course of true love never did run smooth" - William Shakespeare

K1:

10/29/05...met online

11/23/05...met in person for the first time in London, England

06/29/07...got engaged!

07/19/07...mailed I-129F via certified express overnight mail

08/02/07...check cashed

08/04/07...NOA1 received in mail

12/11/07...NOA2 issued from CRIS email!! YAY!

12/12/07...touch!

12/17/07...received hard copy of noa2

1/14/08.....file reaches NVC

1/28/08.....packet 3 received

2/29/08.....medical interview

4/01/08.....interview

04/03/08...visa in hand!!

04/14/08...POE JFK!

05/17/08...Wedding!

Adjustment of status

06/21/08...Mailed AOS,EAD, and AP paperwork

06/27/08...NOA1

07/17/08...Biometrics

07/29/08...Transferred to CSC

08/21/08...Touch I-485!

08/22/08...Touch I-485!

08/25/08...Received AP in the mail!

08/28/08...Received EAD in the mail!

08/29/08...Email from CRIS welcoming the new permanent resident! YAY!

09/06/08...Green card received in mail!

Timeline

thanks all, for those encouraging posts above :)

special thanks to GeordieLover... I do WANT to love it, truly :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Approved for visa!!!!

Congratulations! July is finally graduating.

Edited by Jason-Sasha

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Timeline
I do feel though that meeting and getting to know him has been the best thing that has ever happened to me. I am happiest when I'm with him. I am happy alone but knowing he is there. When I focus on being with him rather than being in this unpredictable system I do feel genuinely excited about the prospect of starting over with someone who fits me so well...

PS Meant to say: VERY much agree with the above; you put it very well, babbles :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Approved for visa!!!!

Gratzies!!! I went and checked yoru timeline ready to update the spreadsheet... But I already did it - :lol: I'm too organised!! :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: Timeline

Hey everyone, been off VJ for sometime, I think I need to vent my frustration now.

We got our NOA2 on 11/20/2007 and the case got filed wrongly at the DHS. It did not reach NVC till Daniel got someone at the USCIS to actually get the file back from DHS and send it back to them after putting a note that the case has been delayed already and needs to be sent to NVC. Case got sent to NVC and we finally got our case number on 01/24/2008.

We just found out y'day that our case has been put under admin review. This has become a joke!!

Ours was a military expedite and they have delayed it in all the possible ways that they could..

Its just killing me to think that this could go on for some time and time is what we are running short of now as Daniel gets deployed in a couple of months.

Has anyone been under admin review and the case got done in a few days / weeks..

Please, need some words of encouragement and that its all going to work out.

Parul

Oh I am so sorry to hear of all the mess - it must be so frustrating - have you spoken to your congressman?

If it is any help, weedebz was put under administrative review on a Friday and it was out by the Monday so don't give up hope yet :)

Let us know how it goes and keep the faith - we will all get there soon, hopefully for you it will be sooner than most!! Nice to see you back as well - if you want me to update you on the July spreadsheet then just drop me a pm :)

*hugs*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Hey everyone, been off VJ for sometime, I think I need to vent my frustration now.

We got our NOA2 on 11/20/2007 and the case got filed wrongly at the DHS. It did not reach NVC till Daniel got someone at the USCIS to actually get the file back from DHS and send it back to them after putting a note that the case has been delayed already and needs to be sent to NVC. Case got sent to NVC and we finally got our case number on 01/24/2008.

We just found out y'day that our case has been put under admin review. This has become a joke!!

Ours was a military expedite and they have delayed it in all the possible ways that they could..

Its just killing me to think that this could go on for some time and time is what we are running short of now as Daniel gets deployed in a couple of months.

Has anyone been under admin review and the case got done in a few days / weeks..

Please, need some words of encouragement and that its all going to work out.

Parul

I'm so sorry that you are having all these problems. We just got out of Administrative Review, took 3 weeks but I did get my Senator's office involved so I don't know if that moved it along a bit or not. I would definetly contact my Senator and/or Congressman.

Good luck!

09/03/08 - Visa Approved!!!!!!!

09/10/08 - Picked up visa

09/20/08 - Arrived in the US - WHOOOOHOOOOO!

12/06/08 - Wedding

01/12/09 - AOS sent

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.