Bill y Bella

ATTENTION JULY FILERS!

6,102 posts in this topic

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha - we can be dorks together!!!

Hmmm I keep thinking of Audrey all the time now... for those asking, yes Audrey is a-jeanne... I hope she gets in touch soon - I am sure she is fine but I don't want to think of someone sinking into the depths of despair over something... not trivial... but solvable with time... it's frustrating but I just want to kinda hug everyone and make it all better!!

Ok - I'm cold sitting here now - time for bed cause I have to be up at 7am and it's midnight - eep!! :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hmmm I keep thinking of Audrey all the time now... for those asking, yes Audrey is a-jeanne... I hope she gets in touch soon - I am sure she is fine but I don't want to think of someone sinking into the depths of despair over something... not trivial... but solvable with time... it's frustrating but I just want to kinda hug everyone and make it all better!!

Ok - I'm cold sitting here now - time for bed cause I have to be up at 7am and it's midnight - eep!! :D

I PMed her this afternoon, but have yet to hear back from her. For some people I guess staying away from VJ works for them cos its hard to see others progressing while your own case languishes. I know lots of people think I had a pretty easy go of it, and on the USCIS side I have been pretty lucky. However, if you factor in the two years I had to wait before we could file due to extremely messy divorces I've had a pretty long haul. (we'd both already been separated but never took action on divorcing before we met) I watched many people come and go on this site all while waiting to be able to begin the journey. So I truly know how bad it sucks. But at least if you've started the process you know the end of it will happen, even if it takes longer than you expected. Whereas if you haven't started you're going nowhere fast!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I PMed her this afternoon, but have yet to hear back from her. For some people I guess staying away from VJ works for them cos its hard to see others progressing while your own case languishes. I know lots of people think I had a pretty easy go of it, and on the USCIS side I have been pretty lucky. However, if you factor in the two years I had to wait before we could file due to extremely messy divorces I've had a pretty long haul. (we'd both already been separated but never took action on divorcing before we met) I watched many people come and go on this site all while waiting to be able to begin the journey. So I truly know how bad it sucks. But at least if you've started the process you know the end of it will happen, even if it takes longer than you expected. Whereas if you haven't started you're going nowhere fast!

First of all congratulations on your interview approval!! That's very exciting!

I had to wait for divorce stuff too before filing, not fun. It sure does add to the wait.

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Upate: Received a letter from my congressman today saying that they did a congressional inquiry into our case at the USCIS and it's in extended review. LOL!! No kidding, really?

The USCIS told them to check back if I haven't received an answer in 45 days. Oh joy.

My fiance did some research on here and found another post about extended review & it supposedly means the name check stage which is what the 2nd guy I talked to at USCIS said ours is in. So that must be it.

I'm taking it to be a good thing at this point. At least it's not being denied yet which is what I was fearing. So just some more waiting and hopefully an approval by February.

3/5/11 sent LOC paperwork

3/9/11 date of NOA

?/?/?? biometrics appointment

I can understand - I had my lowest tantrum point when I was seeing people who filed at the same time as me getting approved and I was still waiting - then I kinda chilled and figured that I'm in no hurry now anyway because I'll be moving in the summer :) That made it a bit easier although I do still kinda... not worry but hope we don't lose touch as a group through AOS because I love this group so much - we'll all start filing for AOS at different times and it would be nice to share that part of the journey as well :)

I know Debz has a second page on the spreadsheet for AOS already so that will be a huge help - maybe we can set like an interim list up within this thread showing medical/interview/POE/Wedding/AOS sent so we have a bit of a crossover - will let us all compare the next stages of our journey anyway :) I'm a little worried that because I am moving in the summer now that I will be left behind - boo!!!

Upate: Received a letter from my congressman today saying that they did a congressional inquiry into our case at the USCIS and it's in extended review. LOL!! No kidding, really?

The USCIS told them to check back if I haven't received an answer in 45 days. Oh joy.

My fiance did some research on here and found another post about extended review & it supposedly means the name check stage which is what the 2nd guy I talked to at USCIS said ours is in. So that must be it.

I'm taking it to be a good thing at this point. At least it's not being denied yet which is what I was fearing. So just some more waiting and hopefully an approval by February.

LMAO - at least they got back to you :lol: I'm sure you'll be fine - I don't think they are goign to deny you - I think you just got unlucky in the name check stage and have to wait a bit longer is all - it sucks but it has to happen to someone - I know that sounds terrible but part of me wishes I could be in your place instead of you because I am not in a rush now :) Then you could move forward :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Aha! Maybe we can re-house ourselves in the "Moving Here and Your New Life in America" forum :D That would work!! It's non-specific but it will allow us to keep in touch with how we are all getting on in our new lives and it's not like we don't talk about anything and everything here anyway - yippee!! I want to create it now but I figure it would prolly be best to wait until the first of us moves over... Who's first?! Is it Julez or Gillian?!!?!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
Aha! Maybe we can re-house ourselves in the "Moving Here and Your New Life in America" forum :D That would work!! It's non-specific but it will allow us to keep in touch with how we are all getting on in our new lives and it's not like we don't talk about anything and everything here anyway - yippee!! I want to create it now but I figure it would prolly be best to wait until the first of us moves over... Who's first?! Is it Julez or Gillian?!!?!

Gillian moves first, on the 18th, I think! Griff would move sooner but we weren't anticipating being approved so soon, so I am off to the UK on the 18th for a week, then he'll follow on the 31st! :dancing: I'm glad I have the chance to see the UK again. Not sure how soon we'll have a chance to get back.

Ahhh - well... we could always set up a pre-emptive thread in that forum... what should we call it?! It needs a nice shiny title as well as the sub-text... ;D Ooohh - I am getting all excited about this - I think that is my coping mechanism though - I need to find trivial things to get excited about or I would $h1t myself!! :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

woooooeeeee! Didn't know if I'd get online. Power and internet been up and down. Fecking scottish weather, our fence has been obliterated by the wind last night there is a house 4 away from mine with a tree in the middle of it and the very old, very large oak tree between our garden and river right in line with my bedroom window has definatly seen much better days. It seems like there are branches and trees carpeting west scotland just now. Now the rain coming down complete with huge hailstones in sheets, the river rising rapidly.

Anyways had good chat to Nick last night so feel a tad better but still really low. I travel to London tomorrow evening for my medical on friday. At least that will be one more thing out of the way. Not really stressed about medical, more stressed about getting lost somewhere in london.

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

You'll have your mammy with you though won't you?! You excited about it? Part of me just can't wait until I am back from the US so I can start planning things for my move - I want to be able to get excited about it but I have to plan the small details that I love before I really can - otherwise I just stress!!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Timeline
You'll have your mammy with you though won't you?! You excited about it? Part of me just can't wait until I am back from the US so I can start planning things for my move - I want to be able to get excited about it but I have to plan the small details that I love before I really can - otherwise I just stress!!!

yeah my mammy coming so we hitting the shops afterwards, Day out in London, well I guess I better see the place before I leave the island!

MY TIMELINES

K1

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

08/02/2008 - Delivered

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

Lol - that's pretty funny!!

On another note - I am gutted - my bridesmaid dresses turned up at home but no-one was in to sign for them - I've been tracking them from Hong Kong online and now I am all stressed because no-one was in!!! Grr!! Anyone know the standard procedure for TNT when this happens offhand? I'm really frustrated now because I wanted to take the one co-operative bridesmaid to get fitted!!!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Timeline

TNT will leave a card to arrange re-delivery or if you live near the depot you can collect. I deal with TNT, DHL and UPS daily!!!!

MY TIMELINES

K1

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

08/02/2008 - Delivered

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

Cool - you know if they are quick on the re-delivery thing? I would really like it if I could get them by the weekend!! I wish there had been a note on there somewhere saying they could go to a neighbour!!! Oh well - guess I can't do anything until I get back home... Now I just hope they don't keep office hours or I will not be happy!!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.