Bill y Bella

ATTENTION JULY FILERS!

6,102 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Congratulations on the NOA2! It is very exciting to have a July approval finally. The approvals seem to go in more or less chronological order (excepting RFEs of course), so hopefully the bulk of us July filers will be seeing our own NOA2s in the next few weeks. Here's hoping, anyway!

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

StillThePrettiest - I think it sounds awesome - we just need to make sure we are all able to make it - I'm still contending with a potential K-3 situation...

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
has anyone ever done this with forum buddies? my other forum does, regularly - we had a long weekend away in Canada in 2005 (participants from: Montreal, Ottawa, Texas, Detroit, LA and London), and then a year later in Kent (participants from: Texas, LA, Dublin, Estonia, Montreal, Kent, Braintree and London)

that was the BEST weekend; I hired us this amazing house with a huge 'music room' and we hung out in there all night, and went on excursions during the day - Dover castle, Canterbury, etc

and loads more of us have met at various times and in various places :)

We should do this once everyone is stateside! I'd love to participate in a meet-up!

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

alright guys - some questions. so I am getting excited and wanting to make sure all of our forms are ready go for the next step (packet 3). I have been reading thru other threads but just want some direct answers and since I feel really welcome posting on this thread, I am just going to ask!

The packet 3 checklist (I was looking at the scans someone posted) asks for birth certificates, marriage certificates/divorce papers, adoption papers. military records, police certificates, etc. are these records needed just for the fiance going to the interview or do you need to include any appropriate documents for both the fiance and the USC??

also it calls for the DS 230 part 1, DS-156. DS 156K, and DS 157 to be dowloaded and completed. is that done by the fiance or the USC?? I am assuming the fiance since the packet is sent to them, just want to get everything right so I am asking stupid questions!!!

the medical. I keep reading about vaccinations. do you need to bring your vaccination history to the medical or can you just opt for updated jabs?? anyone know what they cost?

tax returns. I keep reading that the USC needs to send the last couple of years tax returns with the fiance to the interview. some posts call for tax transcripts?? do you order these from the IRS and do they have to be notarized? I have copies of my tax returns and my W-2's. do these work?? I guess, how should I organize my tax info to give to my fiance??

the I-34 affadavit of support. We filled one of these out with the original application. the packet 3 scans ask for one that is less than a year old, so do you use the one you filled out from the original application or fill out a new one.

letter of intent to marry - I have read about people writing these for the interview but no where is it stated as a requirement on the packet 3 scans. is this something people just add on for added evidence or am I missing something?

sorry for the long post and all the question - I just trust this thread and maybe the q & a will be helpful to others here! Thanks to anyone willing to answer and here's to more july apps going thru soon!!!!!!

Sara

Haha - to add to this - do you have the link to the checklist for packet 3?

Also - what vaccinations are we supposed to have? Would like to get those done out of the way asap at my local GP :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Timeline
Haha - to add to this - do you have the link to the checklist for packet 3?

Also - what vaccinations are we supposed to have? Would like to get those done out of the way asap at my local GP :D

yep! here you go

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/thumbna...y&uid=30186

Ty!! Now bookmarked and will have to get to going through it at some point!!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi teachmehistory,

Yes it's all overwhelming! I can answer one of the q's. An IRS transcript is easy to get, just go to the IRS website, and fill out the form for the year/s you are wanting and it is FREE except for the postage of course. I am sending that as well as my w-2's. To my knowlege they do not need to be notarized. I'm also sending paystubs.

As far as vaccinations, I'm a high school nurse and all I can say is what i know from working foreign exchange students: we expect them to comply with Texas laws, but I have no idea what is required to enter the states. I would definitely recommend a current Tetanus booster (one that has whooping cough booster is ideal), definitely MMR (we've had isolated outbreaks of mumps in the states in the last couple of years)..and most importantly a current (within 3 months) TB skin test OR if you've had the BCG vaccine a negative chest xray. If you have been on anti TB meds you should provide documentation of that AND a clear chest xray that is current after the meds have been taken.

Everything else I'm curious to know as well.

Good luck!

PS. MMR= Measles Mumps and Rubella

Edited by GeordieLover

"The course of true love never did run smooth" - William Shakespeare

K1:

10/29/05...met online

11/23/05...met in person for the first time in London, England

06/29/07...got engaged!

07/19/07...mailed I-129F via certified express overnight mail

08/02/07...check cashed

08/04/07...NOA1 received in mail

12/11/07...NOA2 issued from CRIS email!! YAY!

12/12/07...touch!

12/17/07...received hard copy of noa2

1/14/08.....file reaches NVC

1/28/08.....packet 3 received

2/29/08.....medical interview

4/01/08.....interview

04/03/08...visa in hand!!

04/14/08...POE JFK!

05/17/08...Wedding!

Adjustment of status

06/21/08...Mailed AOS,EAD, and AP paperwork

06/27/08...NOA1

07/17/08...Biometrics

07/29/08...Transferred to CSC

08/21/08...Touch I-485!

08/22/08...Touch I-485!

08/25/08...Received AP in the mail!

08/28/08...Received EAD in the mail!

08/29/08...Email from CRIS welcoming the new permanent resident! YAY!

09/06/08...Green card received in mail!

Timeline
alright guys - some questions. so I am getting excited and wanting to make sure all of our forms are ready go for the next step (packet 3). I have been reading thru other threads but just want some direct answers and since I feel really welcome posting on this thread, I am just going to ask!

The packet 3 checklist (I was looking at the scans someone posted) asks for birth certificates, marriage certificates/divorce papers, adoption papers. military records, police certificates, etc. are these records needed just for the fiance going to the interview or do you need to include any appropriate documents for both the fiance and the USC??

For the interview, the fiance should bring original documents, plus one copy of each to present at the embassy. The USC should have already included their info with the petition. However, just to be safe, I have provided my fiance with originals of everything. I don't want to leave anything to chance!

also it calls for the DS 230 part 1, DS-156. DS 156K, and DS 157 to be dowloaded and completed. is that done by the fiance or the USC?? I am assuming the fiance since the packet is sent to them, just want to get everything right so I am asking stupid questions!!!

These forms are all for the foreign fiance to complete.

the medical. I keep reading about vaccinations. do you need to bring your vaccination history to the medical or can you just opt for updated jabs?? anyone know what they cost?

If you've had them, bring a list of them on your GP's letterhead. If you haven't had them, get them before you have the medical. Its expensive to get them done at the medical.

tax returns. I keep reading that the USC needs to send the last couple of years tax returns with the fiance to the interview. some posts call for tax transcripts?? do you order these from the IRS and do they have to be notarized? I have copies of my tax returns and my W-2's. do these work?? I guess, how should I organize my tax info to give to my fiance??

From what I understand, London has been getting tough on the tax return issue. They are requiring the last year's tax transcript. They can be ordered easily by calling an 800 #, I don't have the link at my fingertips, but just do a google search. The transcripts are supposed to be notarized. Most banks will do this for you for free if you are a customer, others chage a fee.

the I-34 affadavit of support. We filled one of these out with the original application. the packet 3 scans ask for one that is less than a year old, so do you use the one you filled out from the original application or fill out a new one.

Complete a new one. Also, don't forget a letter from your employer confirming your salary and length of service, as well as a letter from your bank detailing account balance info.

letter of intent to marry - I have read about people writing these for the interview but no where is it stated as a requirement on the packet 3 scans. is this something people just add on for added evidence or am I missing something?

Everyone on VJ has reported completing updated letters of intent. I plan on doing that too! Err on the side of caution.

sorry for the long post and all the question - I just trust this thread and maybe the q & a will be helpful to others here! Thanks to anyone willing to answer and here's to more july apps going thru soon!!!!!!

Sara

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
WE GOT APPROVED NOV 2!!!! :)

Thank God for his continuing guidance :)

God bless us all :)

Wow Congratulations!!!!! Finally a true july filer approval. :dance:

A smooth visa journey and much speed to all!

K-1 Timeline

07-27-2007: I-129F mailed to TSC

07-30-2007: Return receipt signed by TSC

09-12-2007: Petition returned by USCIS, asked to change to new fee schedule and resubmit

09-14-2007: Letter to congressman with copy of postmarked envelope asking for help with appealing rejection

09-20-2007: Reply from Congressman to send it back with old fee and copy of post-mark. Package sent again directly to VSC

09-24-2007: USPS delivered package to VSC at 2:32 PM

10-16-2007: NOA1 issued

10-19-2007: Touched

10-22-2007: NOA1 Received in the mail!!!!!!!!!!! Finally! and touched again the next day

12/20/2007: Touched!

12/21/2007: Touched

12/26/2007: RFE received in the mail and RFE reply sent the same day

01/02/2007: USCIS website update - received notice and case processing resumed

01/04/2008: touched

01/06/2008: Touched on a SUnday??????

01/07/2008: touched and APPROVED later in the day!!!!!!

01/10/2008: NOA2 Hard Copy Received

01/14/2008: NVC received and left the next day

01/28/2008: Packet 3 received

02/04/2008: Packet 3 submitted at US Consulate Mumbai

02/08/2008: Packet 4 received

04/14/2008: Interview!!!!!

06/02/08: POE JFK Received Temporary EAD Expires August 31st

06/06/08: Got married!

06/12/08: Applied for Bhushan's SSN

06/20/08: Received SSN in the mail

07/18/08: AOS packet mailed

07/21/08: Received by Chicago LockBox

07/25/08: Check cashed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

ooooooooooo I hope there are more coming soon.

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
ooooooooooo I hope there are more coming soon.

ITS our time guys, get ready :thumbs::thumbs:

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

June 28th 2007 sent 1-129f to NSC

July 11th 2007 NOA-1 received date on NOA-1 (now at CSC)

July 19th 2007 NAO 1 Reciept date on NOA-1

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

Dec 13th 2007 - arrives at NVC

Dec 20th 2007 - leaves NVC on route to GUZ

March 10th 2008- P3 sent & returned

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

Filing to Noa -1 -13 days

NOA-1 to NOA-2 - 133 days

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

P-3 to interview - 73 days

Interview to visa - 10 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

Hello everyone,

with the question whether we did undergo or request any expedite services. We didn't and I'm pretty sure that our lawyer didn't too. I guess it's just our time. :star::star:(L)(L)

Go go July filers!! :dance::dance::dance:

CONGRATS!!! its gud to see some action amongst the July apps....Gud luck to the rest of us!

Timeline

For the interview, the fiance should bring original documents, plus one copy of each to present at the embassy. The USC should have already included their info with the petition. However, just to be safe, I have provided my fiance with originals of everything. I don't want to leave anything to chance!

These forms are all for the foreign fiance to complete.

If you've had them, bring a list of them on your GP's letterhead. If you haven't had them, get them before you have the medical. Its expensive to get them done at the medical.

From what I understand, London has been getting tough on the tax return issue. They are requiring the last year's tax transcript. They can be ordered easily by calling an 800 #, I don't have the link at my fingertips, but just do a google search. The transcripts are supposed to be notarized. Most banks will do this for you for free if you are a customer, others chage a fee.

Complete a new one. Also, don't forget a letter from your employer confirming your salary and length of service, as well as a letter from your bank detailing account balance info.

Everyone on VJ has reported completing updated letters of intent. I plan on doing that too! Err on the side of caution.

Sara

thanks so much for all the info!!! does anyone know what vaccines are needed??

Timeline
thanks so much for all the info!!! does anyone know what vaccines are needed??

The list is on the US Embassy in London's website. Here is the link:

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/...ccinechart.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.