Sinergy

a strange kind of calm thought

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I spoke with my dad this morning, and he said something that kinda made me feel bad for acting the way I have.

He said to me that while he was in the war (the first iraq war), when it was over and everyone was gonna go home, himself (being the tank commander) and a few others from his platoon were picked to stay behind with the tanks. He said it was agonizing and horrible watching day by day soilders going home to their families while he and his other guys sat, waiting, no word, not knowing when they would get to go home.

And it does remind me a bit of this process, watching day by day people getting approvals, moving on, while some of us still sit here waiting for ours, waiting, no work, not knowing when we will bring our loved ones home.

Yet at the same time, i think about the wives and husbands and fiances and families period waiting for the soilders to come home, same feeling, waiting, no word, not knowing when they would get to go home.

And i never thought of any of this before, that K visa or not, there are people in similar situations having the same feelings, and the same doubts, and the same heartache, and going throught the SAME government.

And my mom and dad both (mom retired air force, dad retired army) both said, 20 some years in the government, it didnt take them long to figure it out that the government NEVER works fast paced. No matter what the process.

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You got that right.... about the government never moving too fast!!!! Except, of course, when you owe them money!!!!!!!! Then they move plenty quick!!!!!

Good luck with your journey and I hope you are together with your Sweetie soon!!!!

Best wishes.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

You know how i feel and what i think.

And im glad you are better... your parents are great!!!

Everybody carrying you!!!

Kiss for you

:)

Visa Approved!

Removal of Conditions

21/03 - VSC Received it

24/03 - NOA 1

27/03 - Check Cashed

08/04 - Biometrics received

July 8th - Approved

"Do you think who made the ears wont listen to you? Do you think who made the eyes, wont see? God is always watching you and listening to you"

988_d85d41946422f5b8fb58899bbfd0ba87_prod.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I spoke with my dad this morning, and he said something that kinda made me feel bad for acting the way I have.

He said to me that while he was in the war (the first iraq war), when it was over and everyone was gonna go home, himself (being the tank commander) and a few others from his platoon were picked to stay behind with the tanks. He said it was agonizing and horrible watching day by day soilders going home to their families while he and his other guys sat, waiting, no word, not knowing when they would get to go home.

And it does remind me a bit of this process, watching day by day people getting approvals, moving on, while some of us still sit here waiting for ours, waiting, no work, not knowing when we will bring our loved ones home.

Yet at the same time, i think about the wives and husbands and fiances and families period waiting for the soilders to come home, same feeling, waiting, no word, not knowing when they would get to go home.

And i never thought of any of this before, that K visa or not, there are people in similar situations having the same feelings, and the same doubts, and the same heartache, and going throught the SAME government.

And my mom and dad both (mom retired air force, dad retired army) both said, 20 some years in the government, it didnt take them long to figure it out that the government NEVER works fast paced. No matter what the process.

Yep I agree, it was a good way of looking at things, it wouldnt have accured to me unless you mentioned it. What really gets me is, i remember reading on one of the news site (dont quote me on this) that Bush is all about letting the illegals into USA so they can work on the low wage jobs etc. Basically the fact being that these illegal immigrants are allowed to stay and earn wages etc and we, the people that work hard to just be with the person they love and are willing to contribute to the soceity, and go the legal way etc have to go through such a hard time and heartache. It just doesnt seem fair. But then again I dont like politics :(

Lina (UKC)

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR TIMELINE AS THE STATISTICS ON THIS FORUM ARE CALCULATED VIA THE TIMELINES. PLEASE GO TO: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

WAITING FOR AN INTERVIEW DATE AT LONDON? COME JOIN US HERE: <a

London Interview list

http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map]http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map</a>

Frapper map of the world for those who applied for marriage based visa through Nebraska, It's a good way to actually see where people are, if anyone is near you, send messages to discuss, vent, or share even meet up!!!

27 Feb. 2006: K1 petition sent to Nebraska Service Centre

2 March 2006: NOA1 dated (received in mail on 9 March 2006)

4 May 2006: NOA2!!!!! (DAY 66)

8 May 2006: File Sent to NVC (as stated on email dated 9 May)

24 May 2006: NVC sends our file to London Embassy

8 June 2006: Packet 3 arrives (DAY 101)

25 August 2006: Pack 3 sent to London Embassy registered post

29 August 2006: London Embassy receives my Pack 3 - 9/9/06 pack 4 arrives

SEPT 2006:APPLICATION PUT ON HOLD - WE HAD A FALLING OUT.

MAY 2007:RESUMED THE VISA APPLICATION

6 June 2007: Medical @ 2.30pm - need to get anew GP letter and psychiatric evaluation

7 June 2007: INTERVIEW @ 10am - waiting for new police record letter

3 July 2007: APPROVED/Visa arrives

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Sorry you are having to wait a long time. I was in the first Iraq war. We all wanted to go home and I also was left behind to see to the equipment ( I also was sent in early to recieve the equipment). There was never a big rush just it will happen when it will happen. I suppose that is why I did not stay in the Army. I know the goverment is not to quick about anything but when you see others (non CSC) go thru so quick and then you still wait never seems fair to anyone. I know one couple that went thru VSC the same time as us (same country) and they have the visa in hand!!! I am happy for them but still upset at the fact we had to wait.

It is ok to be upset. I am with you on that. But when you get approved it is such a release..

09/05/2005 Met Tik thru my brothers Thai Wife

12/01/2005 First meeting in Thailand

12/12/2005 Returned to the USA

12/13/2005 I-129F mailed express mail to TSC

12/15/2005 TSC Recived paperwork

12/21/2005 Noa-1

12/27/2005 Noa-1 recieved snail mail dated Dec 21 transfered to CSC

03/14/2006 NOA 2

03/16/2006 Medical, Police report and postal fee paid.

03/21/2006 NVC Sent to Bangkok

03/24/2006 Bangkok gets package tracked online with DHL

03/27/2006 Mailed in packet 3

04/04/2006 Interview assigned May 22 2006

05/22/2006 Interview day... delayed Approval because of FBI NAME CHECK

05/26/2006 VISA RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!

05/27/2006 POE LAX ..MY BABY IN AMERICA!!!!

06/17/2006 Wedding DAY!!!!!!!!!!!! MARRIED!!!

06/19/2006 Applied for ssn

06/26/2006 Recieved SSN

AOS

08/03/2006 Sent AOS paperwork to Chicago lockbox

08/07/2006 Recived at Chicago

08/15/2006 NOA for 485 and 131

08/30/2006 Biometrics

08/30/2006 Notice Transfered to CSC.. Hello My old CSC Friends

9/26/06 Received Welcome Notice email

09/30/06 Green Card IN HAND

01/08/07 Pregnant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09/26/07 Baby Here!!!!!

(\___/)

( ='.'= )

(")__(")

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just keep it in mind that after this you´ll be together. :)

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Wow, your parents are smart :) Reminds me of this story I want to post when I've got time.... about the war brides of WW2 and how they moved to the US to follow their GI Joes.

We all romanticize how it must've been a short wait back when.. want to guess how long a fiance or spouse visa took then?

A year! lol, nothing has changed in 60 years, what are we hoping for?!

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Timeline

hahaha thats true, i never thought of that. you would think though that after 60 years things would be faster with our up to date electonics, guess not

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: Other Timeline

Hey...I thought that after we got past our teenage years we were supposed to realize our parents were smarter than we thought! Amazing though that even as we age (I'm pushing 50) they just keep getting smarter! Damn it! LOL

My mom always said you don't have to look far to see someone worse off than yourself. She was a victim of polio at age 13 so even when I was a kid I thought that was pretty sage.

I used to remind myself of what she said back when Wes and I were apart. And I TRY to remember it now as Wes gets established here, as we wait for his green card, and we struggle financially.

This too, one day, shall pass.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
You got that right.... about the government never moving too fast!!!! Except, of course, when you owe them money!!!!!!!! Then they move plenty quick!!!!!

Good luck with your journey and I hope you are together with your Sweetie soon!!!!

Best wishes.

LOL... except when you owe them money :lol:

My fiance's grandmother remembers standing at the port in Dover watching her father march off to WWI as a small girl -- apparently he broke rank to give her and her mother a hug, the last one they ever got from him. The story always make me cry, and usually gives me a pretty good sense of perspective about things.

90day.jpg

Timeline
:crying: thats sad, not something id ever want to imagine

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Anyone who works with Immigration should be forced to leave their loved ones for the average period of time that we wait, then they'll understand... lol

that would def speed things up b/c it seems like they just dont give a f

Ionescu - you are lucky to have such a caring and understanding dad that can help you (and some of us) put it all in perspective.

Many times i think no matter how much this sucks. No matter how much my heart is soo f. broken, I know that there is someone out there that has it much worse than me and I count my blessings that I do have hope. I know that somehow we will be united someway.

hopeing the best for you

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.