Clara

letter from employer

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I'm not comfortable telling my employer or co-workers I'm getting married, atleast not at the moment. I was wondering if there are any other reasons you would ask your boss for a letter stating your salary, position, etc. ?

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
I'm not comfortable telling my employer or co-workers I'm getting married, atleast not at the moment. I was wondering if there are any other reasons you would ask your boss for a letter stating your salary, position, etc. ?

Tell them that you want it for Afficavit of Support for visa for your relative

There are a variety of reasons:

Getting a mortgage

Leasing new place

Buying a car

Basically any financial situation, that wants to verify you make what you say you make.

12140.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Thank you all so much for the fast replies. You were all a great help.

Have you sent i n your I-129F? You do not need financial info for that. You will need financial info for the interview.

I already sent in my I-129F, I was thinking ahead about the interview.

Sorry I haven't updated my timeline, I will get to that right away.

Thanks again

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Why the secret?

My employer was very supportive.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I understand where you're coming from. I live in a very small town and I don't want everyone to know about the wedding (except for my family) until he gets back. I don't want to explain the whole visa process to everyone I talk to. I figured it would be easier once he was here for good. Also, my employer is one of my college instructors and I don't feel comfortable discussing that with him. I think I'm going to go with the loan story. If they call to verify and mention it to my boss, oh well, I'm busted. But nothing on the employer letter would be a lie, so I don't see the problem.

I thought I was the only one worried about that :P.

5/11/2007 - Submitted I-129F

5/14/2007 - Packet Received by USCIS

5/21/2007 - Received NOA1

7/11/2007 - Ordered Police Certificate

8/16/2007 - Received Police Certificate

8/23/2007 - Received NOA2 Email Confirmation

8/30/2007 - Received NOA2 Hardcopy

9/4/2007 - Received NVC Letter

9/10/2007 - Packet 3 Received

9/24/2007 - Packet 3 Returned

10/7/2007 - Medical Interview - London

11/6/2007 - Interview - PASSED!

11/13/2007 - Passport Returned

11/18/2007 - Coming Home for Good

11/19/2007 - Had trouble at the aiport...NOW coming home for good.

12/18/2007 - Applied for Social Security Card

12/27/2007 - Received Social Security Card

2/05/2008 - Getting Married!

2/18/2008 - Submitted AOS packet

2/26/2008 - NOA for I-485, I-I-765, and I-131

2/28/2008 - Received ASC Appointment Notice

3/12/2008 - Biometric Appointment

3/13/2008 - RFE for I-485

3/24/2008 - Submitted Evidence

5/2/2008 - I-485 Transfer Notice - sent to CA center

7/17/2008 - Received EAD

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'd just ask. Why give a reason? If they ask, its for personal reasons to verify employment. They have no right to ask. With all the legalities of employer/employee relations, Im not sure they'd even ask. But just state personal reasons with confidence. Good luck.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I'd just ask. Why give a reason? If they ask, its for personal reasons to verify employment. They have no right to ask. With all the legalities of employer/employee relations, Im not sure they'd even ask. But just state personal reasons with confidence. Good luck.

One reason for asking for such a letter could be to use it to negotiate a salary with a new employer. For most people, I think it's better to give a more specific reason, even if it isn't the whole reason. Some examples have already been given.

I understand the desire for privacy but involvement of more people than the couple in knowledge of the relationship is helpful in showing evidence of bonafide ongoing relationship. At work is not important but if at least some family is not involved, you could potentially have trouble down the road.

One reason for keeping an engagement or marriage hush hush is because it is a fraud. Showing that yours is not, is your responsibility.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I don't keep people in my office udpated on things mainly because the questions get a bit old after awhile. And re-explaining the process for the 4500th time doesn't really add to my productivity at the office.

Plus, what if you don't want to end up feeling compelled to invite people to the wedding?

Or for your employer to fire you because he thinks you're going to move soon and leave anyway?

I can think of 1000 reasons to stay rather mum about it. Most of which wouldn't lead to conclusions of fraud later on.

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I don't keep people in my office udpated on things mainly because the questions get a bit old after awhile. And re-explaining the process for the 4500th time doesn't really add to my productivity at the office.

Plus, what if you don't want to end up feeling compelled to invite people to the wedding?

Or for your employer to fire you because he thinks you're going to move soon and leave anyway?

I can think of 1000 reasons to stay rather mum about it. Most of which wouldn't lead to conclusions of fraud later on.

I agree completely but the keyword is "most". The USC needs to be responsible for making sure their reasons won't.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.