XUEQINTAN

Questions on the I-864

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone,

my application for my wife's emigration to the United States

1) on the question of I-864

In 2004、2005, My annual income of only about $ 5,000, in 2006 there were only about $ 2,000, because in 2006 I went back to China to marry and stay for six months. This year, 2007, I now have a monthly income of about $ 1,300, the boss has written a certificate to me, above stated, "I have make $ 15,000 a year".

because I am not economically sufficient guarantees my wife, So my parents a joint security. My father annual income of $ 13,200, my mother annual income of $ 9,360, in the past three years is on the same income, This year 2007 is the same, but my parents their tax bill Lane have my young sister's name. My sister has just started in May this year to work independently returns. Will I of the circumstances, is not enough to guarantee my wife?

2) On the question number 21 of I-864

My Houshold size have: I, My father, My monther, my old sister,my young sister, also includ my wife(she is in china now)

so, how I fill the number 21 of I-864?

3) Can I use my parents house for security? My parents house for only a year beginning mortgage, the current value may not, But I think there are at least 20,000 yuan ask about if my parents house secured, is not to fill out the I-864A exterior fill? Specifically, how to fill? What specific needs support documents? Please help, thank you!

Edited by XUEQINTAN

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello everyone,

In 2004、2005, My annual income of only about $ 5,000, in 2006 there were only about $ 2,000, because in 2006 I went back to China to marry and stay for six months. This year, 2007, I now have a monthly income of about $ 1,300, the boss has written a certificate to me, above stated, "I have make $ 15,000 a year".

because I am not economically sufficient guarantees my wife, So my parents a joint security. My father annual income of $ 13,200, my mother annual income of $ 9,360, in the past three years is on the same income, This year 2007 is the same, but my parents their tax bill Lane have my young sister's name. My sister has just started in May this year to work independently returns. Will I of the circumstances, is not enough to guarantee my wife?

My Houshold size have: I, My father, My monther, my old sister,my young sister, also includ my wife(she is in china now)

3) Can I use my parents house for security? My parents house for only a year beginning mortgage, the current value may not, But I think there are at least 20,000 yuan ask about if my parents house secured, is not to fill out the I-864A exterior fill? Specifically, how to fill? What specific needs support documents? Please help, thank you!

$20,000 yuan is about $2600. That's not going to help anything.

This is really an exercise you would have been wiser to go through in the beginning of your consideration of marriage to a foreigner. It's a bit late now. Your situation, from what I can follow, looks bleak as to sponsorship. It would be marginal at best.

I suggest, you study the instructions for the I-864 carefully. Get help if you need it. Then go through the exercise of filling it out. Calculate the household size and determine whether the 125% of 2007 poverty level is met. If not, you definitely need a more substancial sponsor.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Does your sister still live with your parents? If she does, a possibility is for your dad to fill out a 1-864 and for your mom and sister to each fill out a I-864A. If their income all together is more than enough for a household of 4 (that's the three of them plus your spouse, assuming they have no other dependent children and that your sister doesn't either), then you should be okay. That's quite a lot of if's though, and it depends on the embassy as well since your sister's income just started.

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Filed: Timeline
Does your sister still live with your parents? If she does, a possibility is for your dad to fill out a 1-864 and for your mom and sister to each fill out a I-864A. If their income all together is more than enough for a household of 4 (that's the three of them plus your spouse, assuming they have no other dependent children and that your sister doesn't either), then you should be okay. That's quite a lot of if's though, and it depends on the embassy as well since your sister's income just started.

My dad need to fill out a I-864? Isn't it fill out a I-864a too?

just I want to fill out a I-864 right?

If my father、Mother、old sister also fill out a I-864A, so, how I fill the number 21 of I-864?

Hello everyone,

$20,000 yuan is about $2600. That's not going to help anything.

This is really an exercise you would have been wiser to go through in the beginning of your consideration of marriage to a foreigner. It's a bit late now. Your situation, from what I can follow, looks bleak as to sponsorship. It would be marginal at best.

I suggest, you study the instructions for the I-864 carefully. Get help if you need it. Then go through the exercise of filling it out. Calculate the household size and determine whether the 125% of 2007 poverty level is met. If not, you definitely need a more substancial sponsor.

Sorry about that, it is not $20000 yuan, it is $20000 USD

I'm sorry I made the assumption that you do not live with your parents. If you live with them now and your wife will live with all of you, then yes your father and other family members fill out the I-864A.

From my understanding of the information you have given, under 21 you would write 1 in a, 1 in b, 0 in C, D, E, and F, and then 3 in G for a total of 5. The combined income/assets would have to be equal to or more than $30,163.

Using the house as an assets is quite complicated. You wouldn't be able to report the actual worth as the actual asset amount.

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

I'm sorry I made the assumption that you do not live with your parents. If you live with them now and your wife will live with all of you, then yes your father and other family members fill out the I-864A.

From my understanding of the information you have given, under 21 you would write 1 in a, 1 in b, 0 in C, D, E, and F, and then 3 in G for a total of 5. The combined income/assets would have to be equal to or more than $30,163.

Using the house as an assets is quite complicated. You wouldn't be able to report the actual worth as the actual asset amount.

You are given very good answers. You should get a co-sponsor, if you can who has good income.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.