ColombianoGringo

Divorce Decree for K-3

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

According to the K-3 guide, I need to submit copies of documents showing that all prior marriages were legally terminated.

What exactly do I need to send? I ordered a copy of the divorce decree from the district clerk's office. Do I need to send copies of every page. The thing is quite long and would add a lot of bulk to the I-130 packet.

Am I correct in thinking that I do not have to enclose the decree with the I-129F?

Thanks ,

CG

Married: June 11, 2007 - San Andres Isla, Colombia

I-130

7/27/2007 - Sent I-130 Package to TSC*

7/30/2007 - Received by TSC

8/28/2007 - NOA-1 date - CSC

3/19/2008 - NOA2 date -CSC

I-130 held by USCIS for future AOS

I-129F

7/27/2007 - Sent I-129F Package to TSC*

8/30/2007 - NOA-1 - Fee waived

3/19/2008 - NOA2

4/3/2008 - Received by NVC

4/10/2008 - Received by embassy

4/11/2008 - Faxed packet 3 forms to embassy

4/30/2008 - Appointment date assigned

6/19/2008 - Appointment at Bogota Embassy - APPROVED!!!

No touches except when I called CSC directly to inquire.

8/28/2008 - POE Houston

Still being lazy and waiting to do AOS.

*I-130 and I-129F sent together to TSC per USCIS instructions.

Filed: Timeline

CG,

You need to submit the certificate of divorce, not the divorce settlement. Unless they are inseparable.

You are correct about the I-129f

Yodrak

According to the K-3 guide, I need to submit copies of documents showing that all prior marriages were legally terminated.

What exactly do I need to send? I ordered a copy of the divorce decree from the district clerk's office. Do I need to send copies of every page. The thing is quite long and would add a lot of bulk to the I-130 packet.

Am I correct in thinking that I do not have to enclose the decree with the I-129F?

Thanks ,

CG

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Is the divorce certificate the final page of the decree where the judge signed?

I am in Texas by the way since I imagine these things are different everywhere.

Thanks,

JC

Married: June 11, 2007 - San Andres Isla, Colombia

I-130

7/27/2007 - Sent I-130 Package to TSC*

8/28/2007 - NOA-1 date - CSC

3/19/2008 - NOA2 date -CSC

I-130 held by USCIS for future AOS

I-129F

7/27/2007 - Sent I-129F Package to TSC*

8/30/2007 - NOA-1 - Fee waived

3/19/2008 - NOA2

4/3/2008 - Received by NVC

4/10/2008 - Received by embassy

4/11/2008 - Faxed packet 3 forms to embassy

4/30/2008 - Appointment date assigned

6/19/2008 - Appointment at Bogota Embassy - APPROVED!!!

No touches except when I called CSC directly to inquire.

8/28/2008 - POE Houston

Still being lazy and waiting to do AOS.

*I-130 and I-129F sent together to TSC per USCIS instructions.

Filed: Timeline

JC,

I couldn't say. In my case there was a 1-page, double-sided, certificate of divorce, signed by the judge, which simply stated when and where the divorce took place. This is what the USCIS wants to see. Then there was a lengthy divorce settlement document, also signed by the judge, that specified the terms of the divorce, division of assets, and who owed what to the other.

Yodrak

Is the divorce certificate the final page of the decree where the judge signed?

I am in Texas by the way since I imagine these things are different everywhere.

Thanks,

JC

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I am in Texas as well, and my actual divorce decree was only 4 pages. But there were no settlement issues between us, so ours was very streamlined in total.

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

The divorce decree is just the document that the judge signs stating that your divorce is final. The settlement is basically the separation agreement between assets and stuff like that. My divorce decree was two pages long whereas the settlement is quite a lengthy book.

You are just looking for certified evidence of the Disolution of Marriage and if you ask the county clerk in the courthouse you were divorced in, then she will let you know what it is that you are looking for.

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Thanks ,

CG

I googled "Texas Certified Divorce Decree" and got this....

I need a copy of my marriage license or my divorce decree. How can I order that?

Our office cannot issue a certified copy of a marriage license or divorce decree. You can obtain a certified copy of a marriage license from the county clerk's office in the county that issued the marriage license. You must obtain a certified copy of a divorce decree from the district clerk's office in the county where the divorce was granted. Click here http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/vs/field/local...t.shtm#district for a list of county and district clerks.

=================================================================

You definitely just want the document that certifies who was divorced on what date and where. Usually, that's a page or two. Yes, you must include it with your petition.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.