logitech

photgraphic evidence

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
The passport stamps are going to be the best evidence. Don't fret not having photos. They are good if you have them, but not absolutely necessary. With passport stamps, any other receipts, you should be fine. You say you don't have boarding passes - do you have flight itineraries? Combined with the passport stamp, it can help show travel and dates. Some here have reported luck contacting the airline on which they traveled and getting some form of replacement boarding pass or proof of travel. I haven't tried this, so I can't speak as to how you get one.

This is what USCIS says about evidence:

Submit evidence of meeting the meneficiary in person within the two-year period preceding the filing of the petiition. The primary evidence may include airline ticket stubs and receipts (that indicate month, day, and year), copies of passport pages taht show the identification page and admission stamps, military order(s), letter from Commanding Officer, or any evidence that will help the USCIS to determine that the petitioner has met the beneficiary within the two years. The secondary evidence may be film dated photographs of the petitioner and the beneficiary together. The following DOES NOT constitue evidenceof meeting: disc, videos, emails, letters, phone bills, and greeting cards.

Does that help? This is taken from what the USCIS sends when it requests additional evidence from applicants.

Thanks a lot for ur help..Basially,his parents are in india ,so we cant have hotel receipts as i met him at his home..all we can have is his e-ticket(he can talk to travel agent),his credit card statemtn whih shows he paid for the ticket,may be his statement for Traveller Cheques and his stamps on the passport which shows he entered and left india..

we dont have photos of us together,we just met at his home but my passport shows that i was in india at that time.

will al this be ok??

Thanks a lot for ur help..Basially,his parents are in india ,so we cant have hotel receipts as i met him at his home..all we can have is his e-ticket(he can talk to travel agent),his credit card statemtn whih shows he paid for the ticket,may be his statement for Traveller Cheques and his stamps on the passport which shows he entered and left india..

we dont have photos of us together,we just met at his home but my passport shows that i was in india at that time.

will al this be ok??

No one can tell you for sure if this will be ok, only immigration officer.

If you only have a stamp in his passport, that proves that he visited that country... not you specifically. What do you have that ties you two together to the same place, same time? ATM receipts from same city maybe?

Do you have other pictures together that were done in the last 2 yrs?

To me, submitting just the passport stamp is significantly less proof than what they may be looking for. I can see them sending an RFE asking for more proof than 1 page stamp copy. Just being honest on what I think.

12140.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

will al this be ok??

If you only have a stamp in his passport, that proves that he visited that country... not you specifically. What do you have that ties you two together to the same place, same time? ATM receipts from same city maybe?

To me, submitting just the passport stamp is significantly less proof than what they may be looking for. I can see them sending an RFE asking for more proof than 1 page stamp copy. Just being honest on what I think.

Unless the OP can make another trip, there's really not much point in commenting too much on the evidence available as of now. What he has certainly COULD BE sufficient, based on what USCIS says it wants for information and on the experiences of past VJ member approvals. It may not be ideal, but if it's what exists, then it exists.

Even people who send in hundreds of pages with dozens of photos can get RFEs.

Logitech - no on here can tell you 100% whether what you have is sufficient. At a certain point, you need to decide to either send it in, or to make another visit to India. That's entirely your call. Everything else we could say here is just an educated guess. It's not bad information, but we simply can't say for certain.

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

will al this be ok??

Unless the OP can make another trip, there's really not much point in commenting too much on the evidence available as of now. What he has certainly COULD BE sufficient, based on what USCIS says it wants for information and on the experiences of past VJ member approvals. It may not be ideal, but if it's what exists, then it exists.

Even people who send in hundreds of pages with dozens of photos can get RFEs.

Logitech - no on here can tell you 100% whether what you have is sufficient. At a certain point, you need to decide to either send it in, or to make another visit to India. That's entirely your call. Everything else we could say here is just an educated guess. It's not bad information, but we simply can't say for certain.

That's as good an assessment of the situation as I can think of. I would add that although the primary reason USCIS denies Fiance(e) petitions is for lack of evidence of meeting, the case information I've read indicates they want to avoid this when possible because they must eventually report and justify such actions all the way up the chain of command. From the one's I've read, I don't recall any rejections of cases that included evidence the petitioner was in the beneficiary's country during the appropriate time period.

My advice is to see if you can find at least some other evidence, like a receipt for the plane tickets but, if not, then go ahead with what you have and be prepared for another trip if needed.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I have a problem.We met last year when he visited india but we dont have a photographic proof.Just his passport stamp that he was in india and i was aslo in india that time.He might be able to get hold of his e-tickets but we dont have photios ofbeing together at that very time.Its jsut that we met.

But, we studied together in college and we have photos of that plus we have postage receipts of having exchanged gifts,have hand written letters that are dated.

will this all be sufficient??

Please advise

Thanks

The answers are in the guides.

:guides:

can u provide the exct link,i could not find it..

Thanks

Look at your other post:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=77419

There are big buttons, at the top of the site to help you. PLease read them.

OMG!!!!!!!!!! are you even trying to help? why bother?

04/23/07: petition sent to TSC

05/01/07: petition received at CSC

05/01/07: NOA1 Date.....no hard copy

08/06/07: Fiance called USCIS for info aboout NOA1 hard copy

08/07/07: Touch

08/08/07: Touch

08/09/07: Touch

08/10/07: Touch

08/11/07: NOA1 hard copy

08/21/07: Touch due to phone call was told that our case has been assigned

08/27/07: Touch

08/28/07: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( Received e-mail that our case has been approved on the 27th)

09/18/07: Petition left CSC

09/24/07: NVC received Petition

09/26/07: Petition left NVC

10/02/07: Kingston Embassy received Petition

10/04/07: sent off DS-230 part 1 (sent via courier service)

10/09/07: Packet 3 received

10/09/07: Drop off DS-230 part 1 (in person)

12/03/07: Medical

12/18/07: INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!!!!!

01/04/08: VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!

01/11/08: Arrived in the USA

03/23/08: WEDDING DATE

09/19/08: AOS approved

09/25/08: GC in hand

usaCa.gif

jamaicaCxa.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.