sarahandbrian

Atlanta

25 posts in this topic

Hi there

Just wondered if anyone here had either been through Atlanta as their POE recently or is indded livingin the Atlanta area now?

Sarah

I went through Atlanta on the 19th June to visit my fiancee on the VWP.

Do you have the K1 visa already?

Edited by paulinespens

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hi,

I went through Atlanta on the 5th June as POE.

Pretty painless really, very nice customs officers, no hassle whatsoever which was a relief as I was travelling with my 7 year old daughter who was extremely tired and fed up.

My flight landed at 4.30 pm from London Gatwick and I was through and in the arms of my love at about 6.30pm, so the total experience took about 2 hours.

We are currently living in Alpharetta which is about 30minutes drive from downtown and very happy. What about you?

06.05.07 Entered US

06.24.07 Married!!!! xxxxxxx

07.23.07 Sent off AOS/EAD Express Mail

07.24.07 Email notification that package received!!!! (Day 1)

08.08.07 Money Orders Cashed (Day 16)

08.13.08 Biometrics letter rec. Still no NOA1 (Day 21)

08.27.07 RFE for tax transcript (sent already!!)

08.28.07 NOA1 date, received 09.02.07

09.04.07 Biometrics for AOS & EAD (Day 43)

09.18.07 RFE received by USCIS. Processing resumed.(Day 57)

10.04.07 Card Production ordered EAD..Woohoo!!!! (73 Days)

10.15.07 EAD card delivered in post as well as Approval email

10.15.07 Email to say Im on my way to California!

11.29.07 Card production ordered, still waiting for daughters!

12.04.07 received Green card in post!

Oh thankyou, that's good to hear, I've been through there 3 times in total over the years and never had any real problems although one or two of the officers weren't overly friendly, but then I guess they are not meant to be !

Well I'm currently just waiting on the final stages of my visa application for CR-1, interview was last Friday, so this next time will be the first time coming into Atlanta without just visiting on a visa waiver.

Going to be living up in Woodstock, fingers crossed :) certainly looking forward to some sunshine, summer has passed us by in the Uk this year.

Sarah

Hi,

I went through Atlanta on the 5th June as POE.

Pretty painless really, very nice customs officers, no hassle whatsoever which was a relief as I was travelling with my 7 year old daughter who was extremely tired and fed up.

My flight landed at 4.30 pm from London Gatwick and I was through and in the arms of my love at about 6.30pm, so the total experience took about 2 hours.

We are currently living in Alpharetta which is about 30minutes drive from downtown and very happy. What about you?

Hi!

With my K-1 I entered on January 31st of this year. Except for the POE officer who was talking on his phone the whole time, I had no trouble. The only thing is that the airport is big and rather confusing! I always forget where to go...

Immigration officers were friendly, they asked where I was getting married so I said near Stone Mountain kinda, and they asked if they could go! :blush:

In january they also had assigned someone to organise the que, people were passing through a lot more quickly.

Hope your next entry is smooth and hassle free!

mooglesmall2-1-1.jpgDelicioussig.jpg

Timeline

Good luck, the weathers been pretty hot here, a few T-storms and a bit cloudy but lovely compare to the Uk.

We went up to Stone Mountain last week for the laser show and timed it perfectly with an electrical storm!!! lol

All the best, a friend from our apartment complex has just moved to Woodstock, sounds nice.

Good luck with it all

x

06.05.07 Entered US

We always use Atlanta at our POE...bar a few times through Charlotte.

Never had any hassel whatsoever.

When Chris arrived in May on his K-1 everything went smoothly except for a very crowded airport but what can you expect!

14 of Chris' family came through Atlanta a month ago as well. Wonderful really...direct flight from Manchester!

We don't live in Atlanta though. Actually 2 hours away in North Carolina. We are in Atlanta often though!

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

I am a wife!! Whoa this is weird!

direct flight from Manchester

That's how I flew :thumbs: unfortunatly you get the older planes on that flight. If you fly directly from Gatwick (I think that's what I did first time) it's a little cheaper and they had the individual screens on the back of the chairs, just in case you're picky about those things :lol: Some time ago, so it might have changed now.

direct flight from Manchester

That's how I flew :thumbs: unfortunatly you get the older planes on that flight. If you fly directly from Gatwick (I think that's what I did first time) it's a little cheaper and they had the individual screens on the back of the chairs, just in case you're picky about those things :lol: Some time ago, so it might have changed now.

Ya know it is about half and half when I get the older planes with no screens in the seats. This last time with all of my inlaws they had a new plane. I do prefer the newer ones...I really watch the movies...I break it down by how many movies I can watch in the flight time since I don't sleep!?

Where abouts are you from if I haven't asked before?

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

Where abouts are you from if I haven't asked before?

Previous to my move to Atlanta, I lived in Runcorn near Liverpool. Manchester airport was like 20 mins away.

I think by the time my green card comes I'm gonna buy a DS and a game like Pokemon :lol: The films have been bad quality the last couple of times I flew, I guess because of Delta's cuts and problems so the only thing you have to look forward to is the food. Beef or Chicken, madam? :lol:

I like to keep track of the flight to, I could stare at the little map for hours

Me too, on the individual screens all that is on one channel so you can flick to it at your leisure, but one the single screens it's only now and then. Most of the time it was of the wrong place too.

I flew with Delta to Louisville KY via Atlanta from Manchester on the 19th June returned 5th July. The planes had PTV in the back of the seats.

Timeline

Taste of Britain

Just a note to fellow Atlantans (sp), Im off to 'Taste of Britain' at the weekend in Norcross.

They do Paxo Sage and Onion stuffing mix fo $1.99 and a Curly wurly is only 85c!!!

Things like Cherry Bakewells and Salad Cream are about $5, but you cant go wrong with that price for stuffing.

Luckily my sister in law sent me a years supply of Bisto, so its a roast this weekend!!!

Edited by chloe

06.05.07 Entered US

I feel so...cheated :lol:

:lol:

I only feel half cheated.

Perhaps they are updating.

The second time I flew delta...none of the movies worked at all....that freaking sucked. It was the longest flight in the world. I read a lot but it just wasn't using my time the way I thought it would!

I've never had any problems in Atlanta..perhaps I am jinxing myself now!

So there are several brits close or in Atlanta...Any good pubs Kaiser?

All You Need Is Love...

*The Beatles*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.