karin

Police Certificate & Court Records

12 posts in this topic

im sorry i dont know the answer to your question, but im sure someone does...

i was just wondering if one only needs a court record if they have a criminal record...if my fiance has never been to court, does he need to somehow prove that? or does the police record take care of that?

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Filed: Timeline

I had the same question with the Embassy today. I have asked if everyones need a court record - or only those who had a process at some point. He said - yes,only those but after I mentioned that everyone could go without any, he said, that they have internal sources as well. So I think...just be honest and say and bring what you have to. And if you had nothing at the court - so don't worry.

I worry though because we (or my fiance) has records ....

thank you so much...i hope someone answers your question

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You will need a police clearance from every country or province/state that you have lived in for over a year at any given time. You will have to have the police records for the interview. When you receive the packet from the Embassy, it should give you a list of requirements that you must follow.

If you have records, then you must be honest because they will look at you badly if they find out and you are not truthful. You should obtain any police records or court documents with regard to any case that was filed against you in a court of the law and any ruling against that case. You should be able to obtain these doctuments at the city/county/state building of the place(s) that the case was brought against you at. Go to the same place you went to court at and ask to see the person in charge of records and you will have to pay a fee for them to pull the records out for you, have them stamp this record as a certified copy. Do not forget that.

The Embassy may or may not like what they have to see, this is a fact. You have to provide them with this information because the police clearance will be a requirement in order to get a visa and if you have something on your record and you are not honest, then it will be worse for you than if you are honest. Some charges are looked at in a better light than other charges. You should look at this link here if you have any sort of crminal record against you:

LINK

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If you WERE arrested, but all charges were dropped within 24 hours and it's not on your police report, should it be mentioned then at your interview?

2007:

February - May: extended visit to States, engagement.

5/4: I-129F sent (Texas Service Center, forwarded to California Service Center)

5/11: Petition received at California Service Center.

5/16: Check cleared. NOA1 online (no hard copy received yet)

6/19: NOA1 hard copy arrived FINALLY

7/16: Sent off for Police Certificate (U.K.)

8/22: TOUCHED due to phone call (RFE Trick, was told case wasn't assigned yet)

9/20:APPROVED!!! After 127 days from NOA1 and 139 days from filing date.

10/23: Spoke to Kelly at NVC who said they should have received our petition by now. She advised I send a copy of our NOA2 directly to the NVC office, which I did immediately. :-)

10/26: NVC RECEIVES CASE!

10/30: NVC SENDS CASE TO LONDON CONSULATE

11/1: Consulate receives case in London AND sends out Packet 3.

11/6: Sent Packet 3 to Consulate (we'd downloaded the forms on VJ and had them completed already)

11/22: Appointment for Medical.

2008:

01/08: Interview scheduled for 10 a.m. APPROVED!!!

02/01/08: Stephen comes to America!!!

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.gif3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawl.gif

Timeline

That depends really on the crime commited.

I am positive that it will show up on the report because if you are arrested, then a report is written up. Even if the charges are dropped, there is still a report on the incident. If you cannot for some reason obtain the actual report, then you should ask them for an incident report. They have to keep track of all incidents. You should get this either way because if they ask you for it, then you need to have it and if you do not have it then that could be at the cost of your visa.

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Timeline

He still has an incident that has required him to go to court in order for him to be put onto probation. He could not have been put on probation without a court order. He still has a police record and that will show up on his police clearance that he HAS to get in order to get a visa. If he shows up without the police clearance, then they will not issue him the visa. If he shows up with a police clearance that indicates an incident, then he will have to bring the documents pertaining to that incident.

You should look in detail at that link I gave you up there because it holds valuable information. If he feels that his incident will subject him to denial, then you should prepare the I-601 waiver and be ready to deal with that. See that link and it will help you a great deal.

TIME LINE 2007

01/25/07-We Got Married!

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/09/10- Touched

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.