NuncEstBibendum

I-130 and K4 approved. How to proceed?

5 posts in this topic

My I-130 and K4 applications have been approved. The question is, how do I proceed now? The thing is, the new adjustment of status fees that will kick in soon will stretch my capabilities to their breaking point - we are talking thousands of dollars now for my family, instead of less than $1500, as I expected. Is it the case that one still has to pay adjustment of status fees if getting the permanent residence while abroad? One would have thought that the answer is no, but - Would it be possible to stay in the US on the K4 visa, and go back to one's original country to do the permanent residence interview - thus bypassing the AOS altogether? The AOS application is a bureaucratic nightmare, and a financial one as well now; I'd rather spend my money to send my family back for their permanent residence interview. Also, what is happening with the I-130 visa processing fees? Are they also skyrocketing to over $1,000 each after 30th July?

My I-130 and K4 applications have been approved. The question is, how do I proceed now? The thing is, the new adjustment of status fees that will kick in soon will stretch my capabilities to their breaking point - we are talking thousands of dollars now for my family, instead of less than $1500, as I expected. Is it the case that one still has to pay adjustment of status fees if getting the permanent residence while abroad? One would have thought that the answer is no, but - Would it be possible to stay in the US on the K4 visa, and go back to one's original country to do the permanent residence interview - thus bypassing the AOS altogether? The AOS application is a bureaucratic nightmare, and a financial one as well now; I'd rather spend my money to send my family back for their permanent residence interview. Also, what is happening with the I-130 visa processing fees? Are they also skyrocketing to over $1,000 each after 30th July?

Hello. Are you saying that your I-130 and I-129f petitions have both been approved? Unless the I-130 was approved first and forwarded to NVC first, you don't have much of a choice. The I-129f petition will go ahead for processing and the I-130 will be held. You could bring your family to the US on the K visas then. There is a form to file (1-824 I think). It costs $200 I believe and no one has reported any movement on theirs in less than six months. That would eventually release the I-130 and then you could proceed with the immigrant visas rather than adjusting status. Then it's $380 for each immigrant visa I believe. Only the filing fees are changing, not the visa fees.

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Let's start by you posting a timeline and giving any needed further explanation of where you are in the process at this moment. Then we can better discuss your available options.

How many people are we talking about? Which petitions have been approved? Have any visas been issued? (That's what "applications approved" means.)

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Let's start by you posting a timeline and giving any needed further explanation of where you are in the process at this moment. Then we can better discuss your available options.

How many people are we talking about? Which petitions have been approved? Have any visas been issued? (That's what "applications approved" means.)

Well, I find the timelines that people post kind of confusing, for everybody seems to have his or her own idea of the steps involved.

What I have got are I-797 forms, one for my I-129F petition and the other for my I-130 petition. In both cases the letters literally say "The above petition has been approved." No visa has been issued though.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Well, I find the timelines that people post kind of confusing, for everybody seems to have his or her own idea of the steps involved.

What I have got are I-797 forms, one for my I-129F petition and the other for my I-130 petition. In both cases the letters literally say "The above petition has been approved." No visa has been issued though.

We've taken a baby step. Both petitions have been approved. Now please look at your own most recent post and click on "my timeline". Then fill in the information asked for. It will help us help you.

Then read the guides. Find the word "Guides" at the top of any page and click on it. You need to be more familiar with the process to ask good questions and understand the answers. We'll do the best we can but we need your help. Ok? Time for the next step. :yes:

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.