Gaby&Talbert

Mexico VOIP phone numbers

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Has anyone found a VOIP (voice over internet provider) that issues phone numbers for Mexico? I am looking for a way to get a Mexican phone number over the internet so my wife can call her family as if it were a local call. Also her family could call her as if it were a local call. My wife's family is in Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico and currently we use net zero. The rates are 10 cents per minute which isnt too bad but if we could find a provider in Mexico we could get a mexican number and the monthly fee would be all we would have to pay.

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline
Has anyone found a VOIP (voice over internet provider) that issues phone numbers for Mexico? I am looking for a way to get a Mexican phone number over the internet so my wife can call her family as if it were a local call. Also her family could call her as if it were a local call. My wife's family is in Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico and currently we use net zero. The rates are 10 cents per minute which isnt too bad but if we could find a provider in Mexico we could get a mexican number and the monthly fee would be all we would have to pay.

Try yahoo messenger with voice, it´s only .2 cts./min.

Try yahoo messenger with voice, it´s only .2 cts./min.

Is there a way to print out your call history on Yahoo Voice services?

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

I-485, I-131, I-765 sent: 9/18

NOAs for forms - all rec'd 10/24

Biometrics appt letter - rec'd 11/01; walk-in 11/12

EAD approved 12/22; card production 12/24

AP 12/22 approved; 12/29 received in mail

2009 3/6 AOS interview: approved!

2011 ROC

Submitted I-751 01/20/2011

NOA1 01/24/2011

Biometrics Letter rec'd 02/07/2011

Biometrics Appointment 2/28/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ever heard of Vonage call them. Go to vonage.com. They mail you the adapter and you can send it to mexico or whereever and the number that's set up would be a local number for you... This really works.. Let's say you want to send the vonage adapter in mexico,, mexico will have local number and mexico would be able to call you anytime unlimited you just need to pay the monthly fee and also mexico will need to have access to the internet. Try this.. I"m actually considering of using this.. Just the process in the Philippines takes for ever to hook up the internet.. This saves you money rather than using phone cards. Phone cards are a rip off. They charge you for connecting fee. It's ridiculous..

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Hello Everyone. Finally go reunited with my fiance and now husband. We are soo happy.... After 2 years since we filed 7/28/07 we received our visa on August 4, 2009... don't give up. if you know USEM is wrong fight for it... We did...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ever heard of Vonage call them. Go to vonage.com. They mail you the adapter and you can send it to mexico or whereever and the number that's set up would be a local number for you... This really works.. Let's say you want to send the vonage adapter in mexico,, mexico will have local number and mexico would be able to call you anytime unlimited you just need to pay the monthly fee and also mexico will need to have access to the internet. Try this.. I"m actually considering of using this.. Just the process in the Philippines takes for ever to hook up the internet.. This saves you money rather than using phone cards. Phone cards are a rip off. They charge you for connecting fee. It's ridiculous..

I hope this helps. Good luck.

You can use those broadband services to use vonage, it's really worth it. Monthly bill for the internet connection and $27 for vonage and you get unlimited phone calls.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My wife's parents aren't computer literate this is the only reason I haven't tried this. When my wife was there we used internet phones. I was hoping to find a way for people to call us from a land line without having international rates as well as us calling land lines in Mexico without international rates.

My wife's parents aren't computer literate this is the only reason I haven't tried this. When my wife was there we used internet phones. I was hoping to find a way for people to call us from a land line without having international rates as well as us calling land lines in Mexico without international rates.

With Skype, you can get a "local number" (well I don't know if it's local to the Mexican state that the parents live in, or if you have an option of the state code as well) where the parents can call your computer from their landline. You can also have voicemail. I bet you could just leave your computer on with the speakers on to make sure you hear it soñar.

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

2011 ROC

NOA1 01/24/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

I found a new service that you can get a local Latin American number and you have unlimited incoming and outgoing calls.

http://www.digilinea.com/English/Index1.asp

Gaby,

Have you tried that service yet? If so, please let me know how it works! Right now I'm using Skype and added an extra feature to my cell phone service (Tmobile) that just charges $5/month + 7 cents per min to call Mexico and it's worked out great so far.

Aug - k1 issued

Sept - marriage

Adjustment of Status

2011 ROC

NOA1 01/24/2011

ROC approved 4/11/2011

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

we've been using a phone card from verizon. qute simple actually. 3 cents a minute to guadalajara. now my wife call her mom using her cell phone during breaks and luch hour. = happy wife. :D

Daniel

:energetic:

Ana (Mexico) ------ Daniel (California)(me)

---------------------------------------------

Sept. 11, 2004: Got married (civil), in Mexico :D

July 23, 2005: Church wedding

===============================

K3(I-129F):

Oct. 28, 2004: Mailed I-129F.

~USPS, First-Class, Certified Mail, Rtn Recpt ($5.80)

Nov. 3, 2004: NOA1!!!!

Nov. 5, 2004: Check Cashed!!

zzzz deep hibernationn zzzz

May 12, 2005 NOA2!!!! #######!!! huh???

off to NVC.

May 26, 2005: NVC approves I129F.

CR1(I-130):

Oct. 6, 2004: Mailed I-130.

~USPS, First-Class, Certified Mail, Rtn Recpt ($5.80)

Oct. 8, 2004: I-130 Delivered to CSC in Laguna Niguel.

~Per USPS website's tracking tool.

Oct. 12, 2004 BCIS-CSC Signs for I-130 packet.

Oct. 21, 2004 Check cashed!

Oct. 25, 2004 NOA1 (I-130) Go CSC!!

Jan. 05, 2005 Approved!!!! Off to NVC!!!!

NVC:

Jan. 05, 2005 ---> in route from CSC

Jan. 12, 2005 Case entered system

Jan. 29, 2005 Received I-864 Bill

Jan. 31, 2005 Sent Payment to St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 01, 2005 Wife received DS3032(Choice of Agent)

Feb. 05, 2005 Payment Received in St. Louis(I864)

Feb. 08, 2005 Sent DS3032 to Portsmouth NH

Feb. 12, 2005 DS3032 Received by NVC

Mar. 04, 2005 Received IV Bill

Mar. 04, 2005 Sent IV Bill Payment

Mar. 08, 2005 Received I864

Mar. 19, 2005 Sent I864

Mar. 21, 2005 I864 Received my NVC

Apr. 18, 2005 Received DS230

Apr. 19, 2005 Sent DS230

Apr. 20, 2005 DS230 received by NVC (signed by S Merfeld)

Apr. 22, 2005 DS230 entered NVC system

Apr. 27, 2005 CASE COMPLETE

May 10, 2005 CASE SENT TO JUAREZ

Off to Cd. Juarez! :D

calls to NVC: 6

CIUDAD JUAREZ, American Consulate:

Apr. 27, 2005 case completed at NVC.

May 10, 2005 in route to Juarez.

May 25, 2005 Case at consulate.

-- Legal Disclaimer:What I say is only a reflection of what I did, going to do, or may do; it may also reflect what I have read others did, are going to do, or may do. What you do or may do is what you do or may do. You do so or may do so strictly out of your on voilition; or follow what a lawyer advised you to do, or may do. Having said that: have a nice day!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.