calidreamer80

Feeling Discouraged

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
I know it may not be practical for many, because of not being able to get time off or the cost, but what I did was fly to see my fiancee when the wait was starting to get to both of us. Though I only got to see her for a week, once I made the plans to go there, it gave us something else to focus on... A DATE!!! It makes all the difference in the world when you have a goal, or a target date. That's why the wait for the NOA2 is the hardest part of the whole process, especially if you have to go through the CSC (either directly or from TSC). Just hang in there, and though I know exactly where you're coming about your feelings when seeing other people get NOA2s or Visas, just think of them as one less person in the line in front of you! :)

Robert

That's what gets us through this too...when it gets hard, we try to make plans to see each other. So far, the longest we've had to wait between physically seeing each other is 5 months. Planning a visit does give you something else to focus on...right now, I'm on a countdown to see my beloved...thank god for spring break and income tax refunds!!!!! :luv:

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Thanks to everyone for their kind words. It helps to read words of encouragement and you guys have helped me to think of things I didn't think of before. So thanks!

Jon does his best to come visit me every few months. The next trip will be in May so I'm excited. I wish I could go visit him but I was banned and don't want to risk going back again. He's never had trouble coming to see me though. Thank goodnesss! :hehe: His visits do help but there are still times when I fall off the positive train.

Lifting of Conditions

*Sent form 05/15 to CA Service Center

*NOA1 Received 5/19

*RFE Received 06/2009

*Biometrics 07/2009

*RFE sent to CSC 09/2009

*Notification of RFE acceptance 10/2009

*Interview Date: December 4th!

*January 9th: Received 10 year Green Card in the mail :)

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Cannot get down in the dumps. Look at my timeline and I have to stay positive or I would have no hair or all gray and my ulcer would be more inflamed. Seriously do not compare your timeline or journey to anyone else's and try to be supportive of others is what keeps me going. Find something else to keep you motiviated a hobby, a good novel or something else other than your timeline. Good luck and pray for patience.

Mary

Ayyyy, Mary, you sweet thing :star:

What will we do when you are finally through with all this and we don't have a worst-possible-case to remind everyone how lucky they are to only be waiting a couple of months?

Hearts and flowers for you today :)

(L)(F)(L)

Edited by meauxna

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Cannot get down in the dumps. Look at my timeline and I have to stay positive or I would have no hair or all gray and my ulcer would be more inflamed. Seriously do not compare your timeline or journey to anyone else's and try to be supportive of others is what keeps me going. Find something else to keep you motiviated a hobby, a good novel or something else other than your timeline. Good luck and pray for patience.

Mary

Ayyyy, Mary, you sweet thing :star:

What will we do when you are finally through with all this and we don't have a worst-possible-case to remind everyone how lucky they are to only be waiting a couple of months?

Hearts and flowers for you today :)

(L)(F)(L)

Amen to that! :yes:

To the OP: it's going to be ok, just hang in there! :)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Hang in there ALL!!

There is no easy solution or logic to any of this process. The best advice i can give is that you go and try and visit each other as much as possible and make sure you never go more thant 6 months without seeing each other.

I have just booked my flight to go back over to US to see my fiancee and its lifted us both. Then a couple of days later we got our NOA2 so its amazing how things can change in such a short space of time.

Keep the faith.

"what a differance a day makes"

Event Date

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2006-01-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2006-01-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2006-03-28

Packet 4 Received : 2006-07-12

Interview Date : 2006-07-28

Date Visa Received : 2006-08-02

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I think everyone is different and different coping methods work for each person. I try to keep busy (not hard with work school and 2 kids) and remain positive (a little harder sometimes). We try to see eachother as often as possible even though it only lasts a couple days. And sometimes I have to cry or rant or even whine like a lil kid that I just can't handle anymore. But then it is out of my system, I make it to the next day, and I try and be positive again. I think they key is to finding what helps you ..

Angel

I-130

2005-09-23 Sent I-130.

2005-10-05 I-130 NOA1

2006-02-19 *touched*

2006-02-21 RFE

2006-03-09 RFE received by CSC

2006-03-29 I-130 NOA2

2006-03-31 *touched*

2006-04-01 *touched*

2006-04-12 NVC assigned case number

I-129F

2005-11-18 I-129F Sent

2005-11-29 I-129F NOA1

2005-12-27 I-129F RFE :(

2006-01-13 I-129F RFE Reply sent.

2006-01-25 *touched*

2006-01-26 I-129F RFE received

2006-04-04 *touched*

2006-04-04 NOA2 **approved!!!**

2006-04-20 NVC assigned case number

2006-04-21 case forwarded to embassy

2006-04-26 packet 3 received

2006-05-02 packet 3 sent

2006-05-04 packet 4 received

2006-05-15 Interview in Stockholm **APPROVED**

2006-05-23 My sweetie is coming home!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.