ladykelia

Interview soon!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey, My fiance and I are going together for the interview at the Vancouver consulate next monday. OMG! I'm excited but really nervous and anxious to get it done with. I'm all frazzled about making sure i have everything that I need. But that being said, I have a few questions--

1) X-rays- Many people on VJ have said that we do not have to take the medical X-rays with us to the interview. And we emailed the consulate and they said only bring them if there is something wrong (which there isn't), but I'll admitt, I don't hold a lot of stock in the consulate's answers. Since the x-rays are akward and fragile and we are flying, I really don't want to bring them. However, I had my fiance call the medical dudes in Edmonton and they said "you absolutely have to bring them, otherwise why would we give them to you?" But I honestly can't really see a reason why. So... who's right? Has anyone *ever* been asked for them in Vancouver?

2) Other things to bring- we have everything on the checklist, so besides those obvious things, what else do we need? I am coming with him to the interview, so that is proof in itself that we have some kind of relationship but I also have: bills with both our names on it (evidence that we have been living together for the past 4 years), university transcripts (we both went to the same university), pictures from thoughout our years together and from our recent graduation, engagement ring and wedding dress reciepts. Does this seem sufficient? Are we missing anything?

3) We're staying in Vancouver for 4 days, so what are some sights we should definately not miss? :D

Thanks guys!

K1 Visa Journey:

Jan 12, 2007- I-129F Sent

Jan 17, 2007- I-129F has arrived at the NSC

Jan 24, 2007- NOA1 date

Jan 27, 2007- Check cashed by CSC

Jan 29, 2007- Paper NOA1 recieved (at permenant US address)

May 1, 2007- NOA2

May 16, 2007- At the NVC

May 18, 2007- Left NVC

May 30, 2007- Packet 3 arrives

May 31, 2007- Faxed Packet 3 stuff back

July 9, 2007- Interview at Vancouver

July 10, 2007- Visa recieved!

July 18, 2007- US entry

August 25, 2007- Wedding <3

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Only a few more days now!

1. I think the panel physicians are a little over-zealous. They swore up and down that I needed to bring my x-ray to the interview along with the medical results. I knew that wasn't true due to other reviews on VJ. What I did was I did bring it to Vancouver with me but left it in the hotel room "just in case". They didn't for my x-ray at the interview (just the sealed medical). Another girl did bring her x-ray and the woman taking the documents told her it wasn't necessary for her to have brought it.

2. As the USC, bring your passport too so they'll let you into the consulate. I think you have everything there. That's plenty of stuff and you being there is a bonus. :)

3. See the new Vancouver thread! Some great suggestions there.

One last thing, Vancouver is awesome to deal with. It'll be a piece of cake. :)

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Only a few more days now!

1. I think the panel physicians are a little over-zealous. They swore up and down that I needed to bring my x-ray to the interview along with the medical results. I knew that wasn't true due to other reviews on VJ. What I did was I did bring it to Vancouver with me but left it in the hotel room "just in case". They didn't for my x-ray at the interview (just the sealed medical). Another girl did bring her x-ray and the woman taking the documents told her it wasn't necessary for her to have brought it.

2. As the USC, bring your passport too so they'll let you into the consulate. I think you have everything there. That's plenty of stuff and you being there is a bonus. :)

3. See the new Vancouver thread! Some great suggestions there.

One last thing, Vancouver is awesome to deal with. It'll be a piece of cake. :)

thanks for the reply!

K1 Visa Journey:

Jan 12, 2007- I-129F Sent

Jan 17, 2007- I-129F has arrived at the NSC

Jan 24, 2007- NOA1 date

Jan 27, 2007- Check cashed by CSC

Jan 29, 2007- Paper NOA1 recieved (at permenant US address)

May 1, 2007- NOA2

May 16, 2007- At the NVC

May 18, 2007- Left NVC

May 30, 2007- Packet 3 arrives

May 31, 2007- Faxed Packet 3 stuff back

July 9, 2007- Interview at Vancouver

July 10, 2007- Visa recieved!

July 18, 2007- US entry

August 25, 2007- Wedding <3

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.