3 posts in this topic

Hi there,

So here is my situation. It sounds like a lot of trouble to me:

-I am a French citizen who got the 2-year conditional green card through mariage with an American citizen

-During these 2 years I separetad with my wife

-At the time of the green card renewal I filed for a I-751 as a divorced person whose mariage was true

-1 issue: I wasn't fully divorced at the time of the I-751 form application, my divorce was pending

-For this reason, the USCIS ordered removal proceedings against me

-In that process I received an order to appear in front of an immigration judge in august

-2nd issue: last week I went to Canada for professional reasons without asking for advance parole

-At the time to go back to the US I have been refused reentry

-I am now stucked in Canada with a 3 week visa

Questions

1 How bad is my situation? I have heard that I could be refused access to the US territory for the 10 years

2 I need to go to France for both profesionnal and personal reasons. Would it make my case even worse if I try to deal with it in France and not in Canada?

3 What is the procedure I need to follow in order to address this issue as quick as possible. (I can not reach the USCIS from Canada). Who should I talk to?

Any advice or idea greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Luc

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

So your Permanent Resident Status had expired.

You had no I551 stamp in your passport.

You had an outstanding deportation order.

You had not filed to remove your conditions as your divorce had not finalised.

I would be very surpised if you could get back into the US. You will need a B Visa to do so as a Visitor, there is a waiver you could apply for. I can not imagine you could get it from Canada, amongst other things you would need to show non immigrant intent, ties to home country etc etc.

Lawyer - try:

www.visacentral.net

She does telephone consultations.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.