Bountiful_love

Section 221(g), us consulate new delhi asked for ........Please help

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello everybody

My wife finally went for her interview and all the documnets were found to be just fine. I want to bring this to your attention that she was questioned over and over only on one topic during the interview. And that was concerning my past relationships. She felt that it was a mental torture especially with remarks like that I don't even want to post here.

At the end of the interview, she received the following notice.

The consulate general regrets it is unable to issue a visa at this time. Section 221(g) of the US immigration and nationality act prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone who has failed to present the documents required in connection with their visa application, or who has otherwise failed to meet the requirements of U.S. law or regulations governing the issuance of visa. The following remarks apply in ur case:

You are required to submit the following documents:A list of all the beneficiary’s and petitioner’s relatives living in US and India, with complete contact address address information, telephone and dates of birth (includes cousins, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, parents, grandparents, grandchildren, children, nephews, and nieces, and all in laws). For those relatives who live in the US but not born there, describe how they went to US, when, under what visa type, and the names they used when they immigrated. Please provide family names.

So my questions are as follows:

1.What if we give them the name of only our close relatives.? Would they object to the fact that we have not provided the contact info for everybody? As you might know, in Indian families, not all the relatives get along too well. Even if we tell them that we do not deal with such and such relative,would they raise any substantial doubt. Is that a good answer that we don't deal with them anymore. Some of these people have attended the wedding.( please know that our case is Genuine. It is just that a lot of our relatives are jealous with us big time)

2. What if we are unable to obtain dob from our relatives?

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP.I AM SO LOST RIGHT NOW AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.PLEASE HELP

Hello everybody

My wife finally went for her interview and all the documnets were found to be just fine. I want to bring this to your attention that she was questioned over and over only on one topic during the interview. And that was concerning my past relationships. She felt that it was a mental torture especially with remarks like that I don't even want to post here.

At the end of the interview, she received the following notice.

The consulate general regrets it is unable to issue a visa at this time. Section 221(g) of the US immigration and nationality act prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone who has failed to present the documents required in connection with their visa application, or who has otherwise failed to meet the requirements of U.S. law or regulations governing the issuance of visa. The following remarks apply in ur case:

You are required to submit the following documents:A list of all the beneficiary’s and petitioner’s relatives living in US and India, with complete contact address address information, telephone and dates of birth (includes cousins, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters, parents, grandparents, grandchildren, children, nephews, and nieces, and all in laws). For those relatives who live in the US but not born there, describe how they went to US, when, under what visa type, and the names they used when they immigrated. Please provide family names.

So my questions are as follows:

1.What if we give them the name of only our close relatives.? Would they object to the fact that we have not provided the contact info for everybody? As you might know, in Indian families, not all the relatives get along too well. Even if we tell them that we do not deal with such and such relative,would they raise any substantial doubt. Is that a good answer that we don't deal with them anymore. Some of these people have attended the wedding.( please know that our case is Genuine. It is just that a lot of our relatives are jealous with us big time)

2. What if we are unable to obtain dob from our relatives?

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP.I AM SO LOST RIGHT NOW AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.PLEASE HELP

I am sorry to hear that. But there is nothing to worry about. They issue 221(g) to many visa applicants. Just provide what they asked for. Provide all relatives info residing in USA and provide your relatives' info in India too. Try as much as you can to obtain DOB, if you are unable to get DOB, just list their ages and mention why you are not able to get those. After you provide them those info, they may contact your relatives or they may not contact them. So just provide what they asked you to provide.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Timeline

simple_male;

I am sorry to hear that. But there is nothing to worry about. They issue 221(g) to many visa applicants. Just provide what they asked for. Provide all relatives info residing in USA and provide your relatives' info in India too. Try as much as you can to obtain DOB, if you are unable to get DOB, just list their ages and mention why you are not able to get those. After you provide them those info, they may contact your relatives or they may not contact them. So just provide what they asked you to provide.

100% i agree with simple on this topic,

u should mention all the de tails if some of them r not compliant then dont worry u can just mention vaguely about them n not give thr entire detail like addresses etc

it was sorry to hear that delhi is giving had time,

u can personal message me - if there are any specific reasons u dont want to mention here

i will try to deal with it in my best

i have really tried my best with few people on aa.p with the problm in thr case n how to go abt it,

tk care-

mala

india.gifusa.gif

NVC:

03/14/2007-NVC ASSIGNS CASE NUMBER

03/29/2007-AOS FEE BILL AND DS-3032 GENERATED

03/29/2007-AOS FEE BILL FEES MAILED AND DS-3032 MAILED

04/03/2007-NVC ACKNOWLEDGES CHOICE OF AGENT

04/10/2007-I.V FEE BILL GENERATED

04/18/2007-I-864 GENERATED

04/20/2007-I.V. BILL RECEIVED & MAILED TO N.V.C

04/23/2007-I-864 SENT TO NVC

04/26/2007-I.V. FEE BILL & I-864 ENTERED INTO THE NVC SYSTEM

04/30/2007-NVC BARCODE & INSTRUCTIONS FOR DS-230

05/09/2007-DS-230 SENT

05/23/2007-CASE COMPLETED

VISA APPROVED .

05/XX/2007-FLIGHT To JFK POE

another step of I-751 coming near :)

p.s. My opinion is only what i read research and get advices from experienced people.I aint any

lawyer .

.png

Namastey !

Timeline

p.s u must give all details of family members along with the what u can mention in sheet is that unknown or no idea about residence for those members which u think wont be compliant for your relationship.

p.s u must give all details of family members along with the what u can mention in sheet is that unknown or no idea about residence for those members which u think wont be compliant for your relationship.

india.gifusa.gif

NVC:

03/14/2007-NVC ASSIGNS CASE NUMBER

03/29/2007-AOS FEE BILL AND DS-3032 GENERATED

03/29/2007-AOS FEE BILL FEES MAILED AND DS-3032 MAILED

04/03/2007-NVC ACKNOWLEDGES CHOICE OF AGENT

04/10/2007-I.V FEE BILL GENERATED

04/18/2007-I-864 GENERATED

04/20/2007-I.V. BILL RECEIVED & MAILED TO N.V.C

04/23/2007-I-864 SENT TO NVC

04/26/2007-I.V. FEE BILL & I-864 ENTERED INTO THE NVC SYSTEM

04/30/2007-NVC BARCODE & INSTRUCTIONS FOR DS-230

05/09/2007-DS-230 SENT

05/23/2007-CASE COMPLETED

VISA APPROVED .

05/XX/2007-FLIGHT To JFK POE

another step of I-751 coming near :)

p.s. My opinion is only what i read research and get advices from experienced people.I aint any

lawyer .

.png

Namastey !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.