allousa

Plans for the 4th Holiday?

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I wish i could leave them with people!! but that is not a option...

I woke up in a piss poor mood today.. my family is pissing me off.. BUT.. I guess i will have to get dressed and try to be functional... I dont really wanna see the firework.. I dont really wanna socialize.. But for the kids i guess I have too :(

Send th e kids for a day of family fun and go back to bed (F)

Last night I took a Valium cause I havent been sleeping good... Even with the Valium.. I tossed and turned the whole night.. I just cant win :blink:

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Awww... I hate waking up in a bad mood!!! This too shall pass! :)

So we're off to my mom's in about an hour. UGH. I love her and all that but I'm not telling my parents that I'm going to Egypt so this is gonna be sooooooooooooooooooooooooo HARD!!!!! I"m NOT good at keeping a secret!!!! I just don't wanna hear all the bs this time about my being kidnapped, etc. etc. so I figure I'll just let them know when I get back.

Looks like a nice day out today though!!! :dance::dance:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yawn, good morning everyone. Wadi and I are going to my aunt's house this afternoon for a party cookout thingy. Then I think we're supposed to stay and watch the fireworks, but I don't want to watch no crappy Marblehead fireworks, so we'll probably make up some excuse so we can go see the *real* fireworks in Boston. :)

Timeline
Yawn, good morning everyone. Wadi and I are going to my aunt's house this afternoon for a party cookout thingy. Then I think we're supposed to stay and watch the fireworks, but I don't want to watch no crappy Marblehead fireworks, so we'll probably make up some excuse so we can go see the *real* fireworks in Boston. :)

I did that once. Everyone should do it at least once. Now I sit in my jammies and watch it on the tv. Every single year I cry like a baby when the 1812 overture comes on. No idea why. Not like I'm miss patriotic usa or anything but the tears always come!

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I did that once. Everyone should do it at least once. Now I sit in my jammies and watch it on the tv. Every single year I cry like a baby when the 1812 overture comes on. No idea why. Not like I'm miss patriotic usa or anything but the tears always come!

We used to go to the Esplanade every year when I was a kid for the whole day. I remember one year it was so hot that the fire department came to hose us all down. Then I've been to the Mass Ave. bridge a couple times when I was older to watch them, but there are just sooo many people, it doesn't even seem worth it. I'm not sure, maybe we'll be able to see them from home this year....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Today is our first wedding anniversary, we were married the 4th of July. I am sitting here still obsessing over our visa, my husband is in his kitchen in Morocco making yogurt (dont ask). Not how I pictured our first anniversary. I'm sure you can all relate. :cry:

1/17/07: Filed I130

1/26/07: NOA 1

4/9/07: NOA 2

5/22/07: Received DS3032/AOS bill

5/22/07 Sent choice of agent email

5/23/07: Paid AOS fee

6/7/07: Received IV bill

6/8/07: Paid IV bill

6/10/07: IV bill received by NVC

06/15/07: Sent I-864 Packet to NVC

6/28/07: Mailed DS230

7/16/07: Case complete!

Interview: 9/6/07@8:00 a.m.

9/7/07 Visa in hand!!

11/15/07: Green Card Arrives

DSC01907-1.jpg

Timeline
Today is our first wedding anniversary, we were married the 4th of July. I am sitting here still obsessing over our visa, my husband is in his kitchen in Morocco making yogurt (dont ask). Not how I pictured our first anniversary. I'm sure you can all relate. :cry:

it sucks when its your first anni.. and you can not spend it with your hubby :(

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

Timeline

Well that sucked. lol.

I almost spilled the beans about my trip and then it happened.....my parents started in about the doctors who supposedly masterminded the bombings in Scotland, et al and how they (muslims) are brainwashed in school and that a certain message is put into their mind so that when it's "time" they will be ready to kill so that they can take over the world.

Didn't think that was a warm n fuzzy time to talk about 1) my conversion or 2) my trip to Egypt. :P

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Well that sucked. lol.

I almost spilled the beans about my trip and then it happened.....my parents started in about the doctors who supposedly masterminded the bombings in Scotland, et al and how they (muslims) are brainwashed in school and that a certain message is put into their mind so that when it's "time" they will be ready to kill so that they can take over the world.

Didn't think that was a warm n fuzzy time to talk about 1) my conversion or 2) my trip to Egypt. :P

Doodle,

My heart goes out to you, I went for the 1st time to Egypt 4-23 and got a mixed reaction from folks...from very supportive to - do you know that they behead ppl there....so hard...only thing that helped me is following my heart and doing what I knew was right for me and hoped my loved ones could support me..but if not...i can only talk control over those things which i have the control over....but at the same time...its hard when others aren't as supportive...good luck...u will be in my thoughts and have a great time in Egypt..i miss it so....and of course my fiance:)

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Timeline
Well that sucked. lol.

Doodle,

My heart goes out to you, I went for the 1st time to Egypt 4-23 and got a mixed reaction from folks...from very supportive to - do you know that they behead ppl there....so hard...only thing that helped me is following my heart and doing what I knew was right for me and hoped my loved ones could support me..but if not...i can only talk control over those things which i have the control over....but at the same time...its hard when others aren't as supportive...good luck...u will be in my thoughts and have a great time in Egypt..i miss it so....and of course my fiance:)

It's due to the hell that I endured the first trip that I'm not telling them this time around. What sucks too is that the whole me being at the interview thing would just fly right over their heads, as it has all my friends too. Like NO ONE understands what a big deal all this is and that sucks. Oh well. Whaddya gonna do. It was like eating dinner with the big huge pink elephant in the living room. I can't wait to see how they react when he actually gets here. I'm sure my mom will have the look of fear and death in her eyes. <_<

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hope everybody had a wonderful Independence Day. Mine was fabulous as this year we spent our first holiday together. Although I had to work tonight, we spent the whole day together grocery shopping, cooking, enjoying one another. This year is so much better than last year when we were separated, him in Jordan, me here alone. But our life together is wonderful. Hoping and praying that everyone waiting will have a successful interview and speedy reunion. :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Well that sucked. lol.

Doodle,

It's due to the hell that I endured the first trip that I'm not telling them this time around. What sucks too is that the whole me being at the interview thing would just fly right over their heads, as it has all my friends too. Like NO ONE understands what a big deal all this is and that sucks. Oh well. Whaddya gonna do. It was like eating dinner with the big huge pink elephant in the living room. I can't wait to see how they react when he actually gets here. I'm sure my mom will have the look of fear and death in her eyes. <_<

I wish you the best of luck with this and my thoughts are with you. I hope that your family and friends can see ur happiness and embrace ur SO with open arms. And if not, that is truly unfortunate for them...but ur right what can u do? I can appreciate the big pink elephant...I hope it all works out for you...and what can bring u down at this moment, right - ur going to see ur SO soon..YEAH!!!!!!!!

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

well our 4th didnt go as planned..it poured allll day pretty much and then by the time it stopped it was tooooo muddy to go to the fair soooo we are postponing goin til tomorrow, friday and saturday....

tomorrow i go to the post office to send out my passport to nyc saudi consulate to get my visa stamped im sendin it overnight, hopefully they will get it done asap and i will have it back very soon. i am including a prepaid self addressed overnite express envelope so all they gotta do is stick the papers back in that envelope and pop it in the mail box...lol lets hope it goes that smoothly. the guy i talked with in the consular services told me it takes 1 business day to process...so does that mean if it gets there early Friday they will process it friday and send it back?? or does that mean they will get it friday, work on it monday and possssibly send it back on tuesday?? lol so confusing. at least we got the ticket purchased and im getting everything else arranged as well.

Daemian went back to his dads tonight after being here a week. tomorrow i will go down and see him and then sat, sun and mon he will spend the night again here...and then next week im sure i will have him as much as possible. he is really getting into the whole idea of shopping for a gift for Geo from him personally. sooo cute. we took a bunch of pictures and i will print them out and make a collage for our living room wall in Saudi. very excited to be able to decorate my own house :)

alrighty, hope everyone had a good 4th!

edited cause i cant spell LOL

Edited by jessNgeorges

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I had planned for Sam to be with us for this 4th, buuuuuuut, that didn't happen (thank you very much Cairo consulate!! :angry: ). So just decided that the kids and I would have a great day. We had lunch with my family, and they have really come to accept Sam and look forward to him arriving in US and are praying for his visa to be issued soon. So that was great, then took the kids and their friends to see Transformers movie and then went to watch our local fireworks show. Other than being very very muddy from the flooding rains we have had it was great and we had a great day which I didn't expect with my sadness over Sam not being here. But, we have to live our lives to the best that we can until he arrives so I am soo glad that we went out and had a great day and evening. :thumbs:

K3 Visa

03/26/06 Wedding day!!

waiting for documents to be translated and sent to me in US

05/21/06 Return to Egypt to visit for 9 wonderful days!

06/06/06 I-130 sent (finally!!)

07/12/06 NOA1

10/02/06 Approved!!!

07/20/06 I129f sent

07/24/06 NOA1

09/27/06 I129f approved!!!!

10/06/06 At NVC and case # assigned. Woohoo!!!

10/10/06 NVC sent K3 documents to Cairo today!!!

10/15/06 K3 documents received at Cairo consulate.

10/29/06 Packet 3 received.

11/01/06 Medical appointment

11/08/06 Medical certificate received

11/10/06 Packet 3 sent by delivery service

11/12/06 Packet received at consulate

02/05/07 Interview Date

02/16/07 10 day trip to Egypt

06/25/07 Home visit by field investigator

01/14/08 Got the email to send in his passport for visa!!!!

01/28/08 VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!

03/17/08 Arrival in USA!!!!!!!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We trekked downtown to our big Fair St. Louis parade. 3.5 hours later, I was burnt to a crisp and ready to go home.

Andre had to work so I entertained myself cleaning the house, burning some bar-b-que for dinner, and scrapbooking. It was a nice relaxing kind of day in the end.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.