sunflower3

quick question about g-235a

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
do you have to submit 4 attachements since there is 4 identical forms?

Yes and no. Yes, you submit 4. No, they are not identical.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Yes, you have to submit all 4. Good luck!

AOS from F1 visa

05/02/2007 AOS Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox Day 1

05/25/2007 Biometrics appointment Day 24

07/26/2007 Interview Day 86 Approved

08/06/2007 Green card received Day 97

Removal of Conditions

04/28/2009 I-751 delivered to CSC Day 1

06/27/2009 Biometrics appointment (walk-in) Day 60

07/20/2009 Approval notice issued Day 83

07/22/2009 Received card production email Day 85

07/27/2009 Received green card & approval notice Day 90

Beibehaltungsgenehmigung (BBG)

08/03/2009 Submitted application to German consulate in L.A.

11/20/2009 Approval notice issued Day 109

US Citizenship

04/27/2010 Submitted N400

04/28/2010 N400 delivered Day 1

05/10/2010 Check cashed Day 12

05/13/2010 Received NOA (NOA was issued on 05/10) Day 15

05/20/2010 Received Biometrics notice Day 22

06/11/2010 Biometrics appointment (walk-in) Day 44

06/22/2010 Online Status changed to Testing & Interview Day 55

06/23/2010 Received interview notice in the mail Day 56

07/26/2010 Interview Day 89 Approved

08/24/2010 Oath Ceremony Day 118

My card making blog: http://silkeshimazu.wordpress.com/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Honduras
Timeline
how are they different?

I concur, you need to submit all 4. If I remember correctly, they are different just because of some small black lettering at the bottom of the pages that has something to do with routing. Don't just do the first page and make copies. Fill out all 4. If you do the forms on the computer with adobe, it should fill in all pages when you complete the first page.

Timeline
how are they different?

Get used to reading things all the way through. They are different at the bottom. Why questions will drive you crazy. Just do it.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
all the little plus signs from where i put dates in keep printing off! they hide the last number of the year - does this matter?

Yes. If you can't get the font right, don't type the dates. Write them in. Common sense, man. Common sense. :yes:

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

my fiance has been having that problem as well (the black box with white plus sign) even if u get rid of them. the whole year still doesnt print... ex : the 7 in 2007 will be left off...

Timeline:

01-03-05 met online (friendsurfer.com)

05-28-05 first visit to Indo

12-20-06 second visit to Indo

07-26-07 I-129F mailed

07-27-07 I-129F recieved at laguna niguel service center

08-07-07 check cashed

08-08-07 received NOA1

10-02-07 touched

10-03-07 touched

12-13-07 touched

12-14-07 approved !! NOA2 sent

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
all the little plus signs from where i put dates in keep printing off! they hide the last number of the year - does this matter?

you can Handwrite your answers if you can't type it on computer ...and if you need extra space for your answers you can use attachments ...we had to include 4 attachments with the 4 origianl papers.

good luck

AOS

Sent..... 7/18/2008

NOA1.....7/28/2008

ive heard that if u download the newest version of adobe that the plus signs will go away...i dont know for sure tho, i wrote mine in =)

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Nah - why follow the simple instructions printed with the form? So it comes with four pages that looks the same. Must be a mistake that no one noticed before.

Sorry - shouldn't be snarky - it seems from your volume of short-question posts that you're very new to the process.

You'll do yourself a WORLD of good, however, if you slow down. You need to READ the instructions that come with the I-129F. Now read them again. Now look at the form. No read the instructions again. Same with the G-325A. Then come back to VJ. Read the guides. Read the "FAQ." Re-read both. Now read the instructions with the forms again. Are things clearer now? Probably.

You should also spend some quality time at www.uscis.gov reading various sections of the site and getting familiar with it.

Now go back and, you guessed it, read everything again. Pay close attention. Highlight the important parts.

Second only to reading the instructions, another important rule: when the government DOES give you a clear instruction for how to do something: DO IT! Nine times out of 10, questions posted on VJ that start with "Do I reallllly need to . . . ." are going to generate a lot of frustrated answers from people. If USCIS says to do something. Be like Nike and Just Do It.

Also - while VJ has search functions - they don't always work so well. If you have trouble using VJ's search to find things, try running a site-specific google search. Search for the question you'd have posted with. Usually, it's been asked before.

Oh, and since it might come up - here's info from USCIS about what constitutes evidence that they'll want to see with the I-129F. This part is important too. Tip: don't waste time digging up phone bills or sweating a lack of 10000 photos:

Submit evidence of meeting the meneficiary in person within the two-year period preceding the filing of the petiition. The primary evidence may include airline ticket stubs and receipts (that indicate month, day, and year), copies of passport pages taht show the identification page and admission stamps, military order(s), letter from Commanding Officer, or any evidence that will help the USCIS to determine that the petitioner has met the beneficiary within the two years. The secondary evidence may be film dated photographs of the petitioner and the beneficiary together. The following DOES NOT constitue evidence of meeting: disc, videos, emails, letters, phone bills, and greeting cards.

Yes, it would've been nice had they printed that info on the I-129F, but they didn't. Learn from others' mistakes.

Good luck and happy READING!

I-129F/K1

1-12-07 mailed to CSC

1-22-07 DHS cashes the I-129F check

1-23-07 NOA1 Notice Date

1-26-07 NOA1 arrives in the post

4-25-07 Touched!

4-26-07 Touched again!

5-3-07 NOA2!!! Two approval emails received at 11:36am

5-10-07 Arrived at NVC/5-14-07 Left NVC - London-bound!

5-17-07??? London receives?

5-20-07 Packet 3 mailed

5-26-07 Packet 3 received

5-29-07 Packet 3 returned, few days later than planned due to bank holiday weekend

6-06-07 Medical in London (called to schedule on May 29)

6-11-07 "Medical in file" at Embassy

6-14-07 Resent packet 3 to Embassy after hearing nothing about first try

6-22-07 DOS says "applicant now eligible for interview," ie: they enter p3 into their system

6-25-07 DOS says interview date is August 21

6-28-07 Help from our congressional representative gives us new interview date: July 6

7-06-07 Interview at 9:00 am at the London Embassy - Approved.

7-16-07 Visa delivered after 'security checks' completed

I-129F approved in 111 days; Interview 174 days from filing

Handy numbers:

NVC: (603) 334-0700 - press 1, 5; US State Department: (202) 663-1225 - press 1, 0

*Be afraid or be informed - the choice is yours.*

Timeline
Nah - why follow the simple instructions printed with the form? So it comes with four pages that looks the same. Must be a mistake that no one noticed before.

Sorry - shouldn't be snarky - it seems from your volume of short-question posts that you're very new to the process.

You'll do yourself a WORLD of good, however, if you slow down. You need to READ the instructions that come with the I-129F. Now read them again. Now look at the form. No read the instructions again. Same with the G-325A. Then come back to VJ. Read the guides. Read the "FAQ." Re-read both. Now read the instructions with the forms again. Are things clearer now? Probably.

You should also spend some quality time at www.uscis.gov reading various sections of the site and getting familiar with it.

Now go back and, you guessed it, read everything again. Pay close attention. Highlight the important parts.

Second only to reading the instructions, another important rule: when the government DOES give you a clear instruction for how to do something: DO IT! Nine times out of 10, questions posted on VJ that start with "Do I reallllly need to . . . ." are going to generate a lot of frustrated answers from people. If USCIS says to do something. Be like Nike and Just Do It.

Also - while VJ has search functions - they don't always work so well. If you have trouble using VJ's search to find things, try running a site-specific google search. Search for the question you'd have posted with. Usually, it's been asked before.

Oh, and since it might come up - here's info from USCIS about what constitutes evidence that they'll want to see with the I-129F. This part is important too. Tip: don't waste time digging up phone bills or sweating a lack of 10000 photos:

Submit evidence of meeting the meneficiary in person within the two-year period preceding the filing of the petiition. The primary evidence may include airline ticket stubs and receipts (that indicate month, day, and year), copies of passport pages taht show the identification page and admission stamps, military order(s), letter from Commanding Officer, or any evidence that will help the USCIS to determine that the petitioner has met the beneficiary within the two years. The secondary evidence may be film dated photographs of the petitioner and the beneficiary together. The following DOES NOT constitue evidence of meeting: disc, videos, emails, letters, phone bills, and greeting cards.

Yes, it would've been nice had they printed that info on the I-129F, but they didn't. Learn from others' mistakes.

Good luck and happy READING!

While we're at it, here's another really good reason why all these one liner questions are a bad idea. While we're happy to answer questions, the lack of preparation and study before asking questions usually results in not getting all the answers you need. If you don't study the basic information, you'll never know until it's too late, just what information you never got because you didn't know enough to ask.

Reading first and then asking for clarification will go a lot farther toward success than winging the filing process supplimented with a few questions will do.

When those who've been there ahead of you suggest you read the guides and instructions, it's because if you don't, you're doomed.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.