Danny Boy

Citizen number?

11 posts in this topic

if he was born in the us, i dont think he has that number...what number on the form are you referring to?

Removal of Conditions NOA: 2/24/11

Biometrics Appt: 8/15/11

ROC Approval: 9/30/11

Card Production Ordered: 10/11/11

Card Received: 10/15/11

I suspect he is getting confused about the question on the I 129f about the petitioner's citizenship. The number they are asking for is the one on the naturalization certificate.

If he derived his citizenship from his birth in the US, then he obviously would not have a certificate number.

A passport is a completely separate document from a naturalization certificate, so what good would that number do?

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I suspect he is getting confused about the question on the I 129f about the petitioner's citizenship. The number they are asking for is the one on the naturalization certificate.

If he derived his citizenship from his birth in the US, then he obviously would not have a certificate number.

A passport is a completely separate document from a naturalization certificate, so what good would that number do?

Exactly. That citizenship number only refers to naturalized citizens.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Just an FYI, if the petitioner is a naturalized US citizen, and uses the passport for the I-129F, which is then approved at the USCIS level, the certificate of citizenship # is then needed on the I134 Affidavit of Support. The question rearding citizenship is phrased in a different way on that form, and the citizenship # must be listed. If the petitioner does not have this #, he/she can request clarification on how to complete the I-134 from the consulate. They will inform the petitioner how to proceed.

Good luck!

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline
Just an FYI, if the petitioner is a naturalized US citizen, and uses the passport for the I-129F, which is then approved at the USCIS level, the certificate of citizenship # is then needed on the I134 Affidavit of Support. The question rearding citizenship is phrased in a different way on that form, and the citizenship # must be listed. If the petitioner does not have this #, he/she can request clarification on how to complete the I-134 from the consulate. They will inform the petitioner how to proceed.

Good luck!

-P

file the form with the USCIS to get a replacement. This is something you dont want to lose. Its like losing your passport.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Good luck!

-P

file the form with the USCIS to get a replacement. This is something you dont want to lose. Its like losing your passport.

Now (before the fee increases) the replacement costs about $200 (not sure exactly) and the waiting for it can be as long as, if not longer than a NOA2 for an I-129F. So yes, to get a replacement, file early. I was just pointing out that the # may not be needed at the filing stage, but is needed later, and can be provided by the consulate by request. I know, it depends on the consulate...but it is an idea.

-P

There are a couple of different things.

Certificate of Naturalization, which is for naturalized citizens.

Certificate of Citizenship, which is available for Citizens born abroad. (Like me)

I only provided a copy of my passport for the I-129F. Which met that requirement. But for the I-134, I did not have my Certificate of Citizenship, and I contacted the consulate about it. They said that since I already proved my Citizenship with the petition, all I needed to include was a copy of the biographical page of my passport. This may vary by consulate, but if you don't want to wait 3 months, and pay the $200 to get one, you should ask the consulate what they require.

keTiiDCjGVo

There are a couple of different things.

Certificate of Naturalization, which is for naturalized citizens.

Certificate of Citizenship, which is available for Citizens born abroad. (Like me)

I only provided a copy of my passport for the I-129F. Which met that requirement. But for the I-134, I did not have my Certificate of Citizenship, and I contacted the consulate about it. They said that since I already proved my Citizenship with the petition, all I needed to include was a copy of the biographical page of my passport. This may vary by consulate, but if you don't want to wait 3 months, and pay the $200 to get one, you should ask the consulate what they require.

This is exactly what hapenned to me, that is why I was offering the information. I contacted the consulate, and was told the same thing and was also told my Certificate of Citizenship# which I then used for my I-134.

Thanks for clarifying! :thumbs:

-P

Filed: Timeline

Hello Everyone, I hope everyone is enjoying their 4th of July Holiday. Thanks to everyone for their replies. I have to apoligize. Yesterday I was in a rush and I wrote a poor post and with poor details. I tried to find the information but I was rushing too much ( I was already late for work) and didn't have my thinking cap on. I had wanted to call my friend from work and give him the details.

My friend (who wants to apply for a visa for his Fiance) is a naturalized citizen but he can not locate his Certificate of Naturalization. I had downloaded the I-129 F and was trying to make sure that we had all the information. Question 10 asks about proof of his citizenship. He has his US paspport. Was this going to be good enough? Visiting the immigration office takes time. Calling the toll free number can take forever to get a response. I did search the USCIS site for an anwer also. I search this site also but was unable to find an answer. I was rushing. When I woke up this morning the light bulb went on. Did I look at the instructions that came with the I-129F? Nooooo. Well not completely. In the instructions #5 part d. I founded my answer. His passport can be used as proof of US (naturalized) citizenship. Of course you guys knew that. I did go to you guys and did get the answer. You guys are great. Of course I should have done a better job with my homework and not bother you all. Thank You again.

I haven't looked at the 1-134 yet. another form?? :blink: I will take a look a look at it today... And. yes I will refer to the instructions this time. Paula and Dan , are you saying that depending on which consulate that he may or may not need to have a copy of his Certificate of Naturalization? That a copy of his whole passport may be alright? I am not sure what the $200 and 3 months you are refering to. Is it for a reapplication of the I-129F or I-134 or is it for a application for a replacement for the Certicficate of Naturalization. I am sorry if I am asking a dumb question. Thank You all for your time...

Have a Happy 4th of July. And God Bless America.

P.S. This post is knida of appropiate today... Question of Citizenship!!!

Filed: Timeline

Good Morning, I found a little more information about U.S. citizenship papers. According to the USCIS site to replace lost citizenship paperwork one should file a N-565 form. The fee for this until July 30,2007 is $220. After that date it is $380. If you need that paperwork get your application before the 30th of this month to save some money. DannyB

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.