CountryBoy

My Pre Interview Cost Analysis ..

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The following costs were associated with Mylene and Ashley's medical, interview, hotels, and airfare ..

Please keep in mind that these costs are for my fiancee AND her daughter ..

Medical - $162 (must pay in php at SLEC)

Visa Payment - $200 (Equitable PCI Bank - near NSO)

Hotel (pre interview) - $54 (Bayview Park Hotel .. across from US Embassy .. reserved online 1 week early)

Hotel (pre flight) - $88 (Heritage Hotel Manila - Pasay City .. reserved @ asiarooms.com 2 weeks early)

Flight to St. Louis, MO - $1682 (Northwest Airlines - booked over phone 3 weeks early .. POE Minneapolis)

I don't know if philippine airport taxes of 750 php each are included in the ticket prices yet and since Mylene will be picking the visas up in person if she will have to pay Delbros or not.

Please let me know if I will have to pay for anything else ..

Thanks,

CB

Donnie and Sylvia

It's a minor fee when compared to other costs, but believe there is a 400p fee at CFO for the sticker in her passport.

Edited by Roy and Yazi

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
The following costs were associated with Mylene and Ashley's medical, interview, hotels, and airfare ..

Hotel (pre interview) - $54 (Bayview Park Hotel .. across from US Embassy .. reserved online 1 week early)

Hotel (pre flight) - $88 (Heritage Hotel Manila - Pasay City .. reserved @ asiarooms.com 2 weeks early)

Flight to St. Louis, MO - $1682 (Northwest Airlines - booked over phone 3 weeks early .. POE Minneapolis)

I don't know if philippine airport taxes of 750 php each are included in the ticket prices yet and since Mylene will be picking the visas up in person if she will have to pay Delbros or not.

Thanks,

CB

I thought the exam was $95 and the visa $100. Don't forget the terminal fees. I was in the Philippines in March and when I left I had to pay about 1,000 pesos. This was for terminal fees, taxi, etc. The terminal fees are not included in the ticket prices.

Charlie

Edited by busycharlie

MJ & Charlie

Removing of Conditions on Residency (I-751)

01-12-10 Packed received at CSC

01-12-10 NOA1

Biometrics wasn't required, they skipped that part

02-03-10 NOA2 I-797C APPROVED!

Thanks,

CB

I thought the exam was $95 and the visa $100. Don't forget the terminal fees. I was in the Philippines in March and when I left I had to pay about 1,000 pesos. This was for terminal fees, taxi, etc. The terminal fees are not included in the ticket prices.

Charlie

he is combining the cost for his fiancee and her daughter. on airport fees, 550p international departure fee and 200p security fee for 200p for 750p. If you booked a flight here on Northwest, the fees would not be included in the ticket price. can just pay at the airport on departure day.

Edited by Roy and Yazi

Travel tax is P1620

You can get a" first time immigrant " discount on plane tickets. At least PAL gave us one. You have to ask for it tho!

Was about 20%.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

Thanks,

CB

Charlie

Mylene's exam was $95 and Ashley's was $67

I wasn't sure of the cost at the airport, but I think it was like 750 php for one .. since I am paying for 2 it would be 1500.

She should have plenty when it comes to "unexpected" costs .. taxi, food, tips, etc. when she is actually in the process of doing these events... I am just trying to get a handle on any other required expenses for the days of their interview and their flight to the US .

Thanks,

CB

It's a minor fee when compared to other costs, but believe there is a 400p fee at CFO for the sticker in her passport.

Ahhhh .. great. Thanks :thumbs:

Donnie and Sylvia

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks,

CB

Charlie

he is combining the cost for his fiancee and her daughter. on airport fees, 550p international departure fee and 200p security fee for 200p for 750p. If you booked a flight here on Northwest, the fees would not be included in the ticket price. can just pay at the airport on departure day.

Thanks for pointing that out about the mother/daughter. I read right past that part in his post. :wacko: I thought the fees went up like everything else.

Charlie

MJ & Charlie

Removing of Conditions on Residency (I-751)

01-12-10 Packed received at CSC

01-12-10 NOA1

Biometrics wasn't required, they skipped that part

02-03-10 NOA2 I-797C APPROVED!

Timeline

Thanks,

CB

Charlie

Travel tax is P1620

You can get a" first time immigrant " discount on plane tickets. At least PAL gave us one. You have to ask for it tho!

Was about 20%.

Travel Tax ?? can you elaborate as to where and when this will be paid?

Already have the plane tickets.

Thanks

Donnie and Sylvia

Travel tax is P1620

Was about 20%.

forgot about the travel tax. that's not included in the ticket price. you can get a reduced fee of 810p on the travel tax for the child if you pay 200p for a certificate to the Philippine Tourism Aurthority

PAL is the only airline I heard gives the 20% first time immigrant discount on air fares.

Timeline

Travel tax is P1620

Is this per person? Where and when is it paid?

Was about 20%.

forgot about the travel tax. that's not included in the ticket price.

you can get a reduced fee of 810p on the travel tax for the child if you pay 200p for a certificate to the Philippine Tourism Aurthority

Again, where do you fill out this certificate for the discount? where and when do you pay for the travel tax? is it different from the 750 php terminal / airport fee ??

PAL is the only airline I heard gives the 20% first time immigrant discount on air fares.

Edited by CountryBoy

Donnie and Sylvia

yes, they are totally different fees. everybody pays the 750p airport fees at the airport.

the travel tax is imposed only on Filipinos.

here's a link to info about it. http://www.philtourism.com/ttax.html

Yazi paid for the reduced tax ceftificate for our daughter at the local PTA office in Davao.

if the airline ticket was purchased outside of the Philippines, the travel tax is not included in the air fare. believe you would then pay travel tax at the airport.

Timeline
yes, they are totally different fees. everybody pays the 750p airport fees at the airport.

Yazi paid for the reduced tax ceftificate for our daughter at the local PTA office in Davao.

if the airline ticket was purchased outside of the Philippines, the travel tax is not included in the air fare. believe you would then pay travel tax at the airport.

Thanks for this .. Mylene is going to Manila in the morning so I will have her stop by the PTA Office to fill out the reduced tax certificate.

CB

Donnie and Sylvia

Timeline

On the website listed above there is no mention (that I can see) about having to produce a reduced tax certificate for children ages 2 to 12. The only required document listed is the passport (as stated on the website - for children aged 2-12 standard reduced rate travel tax is 810php).

Can someone verify that without obtaining the reduced tax certificate that a child of this age will in fact have to pay the full amount (1620php) even though they present their passport?

I don't see a need for Mylene to make a special trip to the PTA or to pay the 200 php for the certificate if the Standard Reduced Rate Travel Tax is applied by simply presenting Ashley's passport at the airport when they fly out.

Thanks,

CB

Edited by CountryBoy

Donnie and Sylvia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.