Sweet Love

Need advice for Medical exam.

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Dear Friends!

My interview is on 23rd July. I live near Hanoi. Kevin wants to back Vietnam and goes to Ho Chi Minh city with me to do everything we will have to do for the interview. Because he is a business man, his time is tight so we would love to know how long does it take to get a medical exam? When we should go to HCM city before the interview day? And which one we should go: Cho Ray hospital or OIM?

everything from you would help.

Love to hear from you all soon.

Thank you so much!

Hang and Kevin

*****\(^_^)/\(^.^)/*****

Oct. 30.2006 - I-129F Sent

Nov. 06.2006 - NOA1

Jan. 23.2007 - USCIS have approved our case

Jan. 26.2007 - Received NOA2 in mail from USCIS

Feb. 05.2007 - NVC forwarded case to U. S. Consulate in HCM

Feb. 07.2007 - Received Notification in mail from NVC

Feb. 09.2007 - HCM consulate received from NVC

Mar. 05.2007 - HCM Consulate sends out Packet 3

Apr. 05.2007 - Finally Got Packet 3 from HCM Consulate

Apr. 06.2007 - Sent back Packet 3 to HCMC

Apr. 10.2007 - HCMC received Packet 3

July.02.2007 - Received Packet 4

July. 23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE =>PASSED. Yippy! \(^_^)/

Aug.01.2007 - POE at San Francisco

Aug.16.2007 - Got married

Oct.08.2007 - AOS sent

Oct.10.2007 - delivered

Oct.15.2007 - got mail (NOA for AOS)

Timeline

Awww. Cho Ray hospital or International Organization for Migration (IOM).

Hang and Kevin

*****\(^_^)/\(^.^)/*****

Oct. 30.2006 - I-129F Sent

Nov. 06.2006 - NOA1

Jan. 23.2007 - USCIS have approved our case

Jan. 26.2007 - Received NOA2 in mail from USCIS

Feb. 05.2007 - NVC forwarded case to U. S. Consulate in HCM

Feb. 07.2007 - Received Notification in mail from NVC

Feb. 09.2007 - HCM consulate received from NVC

Mar. 05.2007 - HCM Consulate sends out Packet 3

Apr. 05.2007 - Finally Got Packet 3 from HCM Consulate

Apr. 06.2007 - Sent back Packet 3 to HCMC

Apr. 10.2007 - HCMC received Packet 3

July.02.2007 - Received Packet 4

July. 23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE =>PASSED. Yippy! \(^_^)/

Aug.01.2007 - POE at San Francisco

Aug.16.2007 - Got married

Oct.08.2007 - AOS sent

Oct.10.2007 - delivered

Oct.15.2007 - got mail (NOA for AOS)

Timeline
Dear Friends!

My interview is on 23rd July. I live near Hanoi. Kevin wants to back Vietnam and goes to Ho Chi Minh city with me to do everything we will have to do for the interview. Because he is a business man, his time is tight so we would love to know how long does it take to get a medical exam? When we should go to HCM city before the interview day? And which one we should go: Cho Ray hospital or OIM?

everything from you would help.

Love to hear from you all soon.

Thank you so much!

According to package 4's instruction, you should have your medical done one week before your interview day. Just follow it. I recommend you to go IOM for your medical. Normally it will take you just one day to finish the medical. Here are some tests that you must have: HIV and syphilis test, lung check. If everything is okay, you will be asked to come back on next day to receive your result.

If you pick up IOM for your health check, you should also go there in person to have appointment. They will decide what day your health will be checked. Don't forget to bring interview letter with you when you get there.

I have no idea on when you guys should go to HCM for the interview, someone else here may suggest you.

Lan&Mike

I am nothing without GOD

Thanks to my GOD for helping me find him - my love!!!

LAN & MIKE forever and ever

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Only you can decide when and how long you will need to be in Saigon. First of all, your businessman will be arriving in Saigon for "moral support" at this point, only if your case gets complicated then his presence may become great help! Secondly, both of you are not from Saigon yourself, I would suggest you two come a week or two before the interview. Get yourself acquainted with the environment and get yourself together and focus on this interview. Family and friends can wait AFTER the interview to party. Nothing worse than coming all this way to find out in the end you don't get the PINK SLIP.

Get the Health Exam done 1 week before, this may take 1 day, then another day to pick up the result. Hower, IF they find issue with your health, ANYTHING, they can delay and request for more intrusive tests which can take months. Note: what I am telling you here is the WORST CASE SCENARIO, not everyone had, but some did, just give you a heads up.

Make sure your businessman bring ALL evidence of your "on-going" relationship, not just emails/chatlogs, but hand-writen letters he sent you and ones that you sent him. Photos and income support document. Basically, whatever you and him claim that your relationship is GENUINE, HCM Consulate wants to see proof to back it up! So make sure your businessman gets it!

Good luck and enjoy!

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Timeline

Plan on spending four days in Saigon, just to be safe. My wife and I got both the vaccinations and medical done in one day, though, it was a pain and it could have easily taken us two days to get them both done. Plan on one day for the vaccinations, one day for the medical, one day to get your results and one day just in case. Now, i heard that if you slip the man at the vaccination place 50 or 100,000vnd, you can get in and out in under 30 minutes. Plan on getting to all those places an hour or two before the opening times, or times they tell you, there will be a line. My wife and I got to the vaccination place 30 minutes before they opened and the place was already filled, no seats available. Also, make sure you bring two passport photos with you to for the medical. Our packet four never mentioned that part. And, Cho Ray will take American dollars, at least they took mine. Plan on some very long, hot, almost torturous days. Get it done a week or two before your interview. Good luck.

K-1

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-129F Sent :2006-06-23

I-129F NOA1 :2006-07-11

I-129F NOA2 :2006-10-11

NVC Left :2006-10-26

Consulate Received :2006-11-02

Packet 3 Received :2006-11-14

Packet 3 Sent :2006-11-15

Packet 4 Received :2007-01-22

Interview Date :2007-02-13 Submit Review

Visa Received :2007-02-14

US Entry :2007-02-20

Your interview took 235 days from filing.

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office :Seattle WA

Date Filed :2007-04-02

BioMetrics: 2007-05-03

Touched: 2007-05-04

Interview: 2007-07-19 PASSED!!!

Employment Authorization Document

Touched: 2007-05-04

Approved: 2007-6-18

Card Recieved: 2007-6-25

Removing Conditions

I-715 Sent California: 2009-4-23

I-715 recieved: 2009-4-24

I-797C NOA recieved 2009-5-16

Biometrics letter recieved: 2009-06-22

Biometrics: 2009-07-10

Approved: 2009-08-13

10 Year Card Arrived: 2009-08-18

Plan on spending four days in Saigon, just to be safe. My wife and I got both the vaccinations and medical done in one day, though, it was a pain and it could have easily taken us two days to get them both done. Plan on one day for the vaccinations, one day for the medical, one day to get your results and one day just in case. Now, i heard that if you slip the man at the vaccination place 50 or 100,000vnd, you can get in and out in under 30 minutes. Plan on getting to all those places an hour or two before the opening times, or times they tell you, there will be a line. My wife and I got to the vaccination place 30 minutes before they opened and the place was already filled, no seats available. Also, make sure you bring two passport photos with you to for the medical. Our packet four never mentioned that part. And, Cho Ray will take American dollars, at least they took mine. Plan on some very long, hot, almost torturous days. Get it done a week or two before your interview. Good luck.

my fiancee got sick after she got couple of the medical stuffs done. She plans to go to Cho Ray next week to get her medical exam done .

I-129F sent and recieved by USCIS on Feb 16th, 2007-Also I fly to Vietnam to see my fiancee on today. This is the 4th times I have flied to vietnam within a year time frame. I miss her.

02-20-2007 check cashed

02-22-2007 NOA1 hard copy

02-24-2007 Touched

03-01-2007 Touched

03-02-2007 Touched

03-07-2007 NOA2 by email .

03-11-2007 Touched

03-12-2007 NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

03-20-2007 NVC sent my package to HCMC embassy

03-24-2007 HCMC Embassy received my package

03-30-2007 My fiancee received her packet 3

03-31-2007 My fiancee dropped off Packet 3 at the Embassy.

05-17-2007 Wedding Ceremony at Sinhdoi Restaurante

06-27-2007 Recieved Packet 4

07-20-2007 Interview Date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.