bevray

Final thoughts for old and new VJer's

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well Bev has her visa in hand and will be on the plane to Chicago on Sunday, our visa journey is almost over for two years and I felt like sharing some final thoughts. For new VJer's there is a wealth of information here that can really help you get through this process faster and with less stress. This is also someplace where we are all in the same boat and we all experience the same highs and lows and we should all feel safe to express our worries and frustration. No matter how trivial they may seem I can guarantee someone else feels the same. Another thing we have all witnessed lately is that this very long and difficult process meant to bring loving couples together can also add a lot of stress which may actually add to any problems that may be present in the relationship. The best thing we can do as a "community" is to be supportive and allow our fellow VJer's to rant, rave and obsess when they need to and not take anything personally. And when we post our problems don't take another person's failure to understand as a personal attack, it is ok for us to disagree with respect. Our real experience on this forum has been filled with honest people who will give you their best advice with their best intentions and we thank you all from the bottom of our hearts. And I know this is hard to believe but this process seems a lot better from this end than it did from the start! We were really blessed to get our visa in hand in only 168 days and we truely wish you all a fast and happy journey through this process. Thanks again and good luck to all! Ray

Congratulations on the visa and thank you for sharing your thoughts :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Congrats on joining the list of successful visa applicants. Enjoy your new life in the USA it is certainly interesting living here.,

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Congratulations and wishing you every happiness for the future :)

Helen

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

Congrats to you both, and best of luck!!

Our Visa Journey

2/13 - I-129F sent to TSC

7/31 - K1 - APPROVED

8/5 - POE @ Dallas/Ft. Worth

8/11 - Wedding!!

10/15 - received Greencard

Got 10-year Greencard

Congrats! thanks for sharing your thoughts, I thought they were nice!

K-1 visa issued: 12/15/2006

107 days from mailing AOS package to receiving green card! Received 6/27/07 dated 6/20/07

Removing conditions:

mailed 5/22/2009

Recieved at CSC 5/23/2009

Check cashed 5/27/09

NOA date 5/26/09 - still not received

I-551 stamp in passport 6/19/09

Biometrics notice date 6/16/09

Biometrics received 6/20/09

Biometrics apt date 7/9/09

Biometrics cancellation notice 6/27/09

Biometrics apt notice date 6/26 recieved 7/7

Biometrics apt 7/22/09

Touch 7/22/09

Finally able to see online info 7/22/09

Card production email 8/19/09 date ordered 8/18

Recieved approval letter in mail 8/19/09 date 8/13!

Touch 8/19

Email stating approval notice sent 8/24/09

Green card in hand!! 8/24/09

Husband joined army and moved from San Diego to Ft. Benning GA! 8/30/11

Filed N400 based on 5 years of residency 9/12/12

Recieved email notifcation recieved package 9/19/12

Biometrics 10/22/12

Early Biometrics 10/04/12

In line for interview 10/8/12 for 8 days

Interview 11/20/12 PASSED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Well Bev has her visa in hand and will be on the plane to Chicago on Sunday, our visa journey is almost over for two years and I felt like sharing some final thoughts. For new VJer's there is a wealth of information here that can really help you get through this process faster and with less stress. This is also someplace where we are all in the same boat and we all experience the same highs and lows and we should all feel safe to express our worries and frustration. No matter how trivial they may seem I can guarantee someone else feels the same. Another thing we have all witnessed lately is that this very long and difficult process meant to bring loving couples together can also add a lot of stress which may actually add to any problems that may be present in the relationship. The best thing we can do as a "community" is to be supportive and allow our fellow VJer's to rant, rave and obsess when they need to and not take anything personally. And when we post our problems don't take another person's failure to understand as a personal attack, it is ok for us to disagree with respect. Our real experience on this forum has been filled with honest people who will give you their best advice with their best intentions and we thank you all from the bottom of our hearts. And I know this is hard to believe but this process seems a lot better from this end than it did from the start! We were really blessed to get our visa in hand in only 168 days and we truely wish you all a fast and happy journey through this process. Thanks again and good luck to all! Ray

Hear Hear,

when i've been stressed about this whole thing, instead of doing 8 million google searches while at work and probably now having the CIA now think i am some international james bond villain ( i cant have been the only person who has done this?), I should have come straight here, because when I did, I got a good answer fast.

Good luck to you and everyone else.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.