doodlebug

happy hump day :)

58 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Im sooo jealous..I wish I was going in 24 days!!!! My SO sweats there in Egypt!! ANd he hates the heat. He should adapt well to spring summer and fall here..winter will kill him. LOL.

Actually I was wrong...it's 23 days. rofl. I thought I was leaving on the 21st but apparently my ticket says the 20th. :unsure: Guess I'll have to ask for that day off too!!! Does anyone else feel guilty about asking for time off from work? :blush:

I'm terribly jealous to that you're going (happy for you, but jealous all the same)! I had been planning for our son and I to go over in November for 2 weeks. But since the whole interview has happened and we're waiting for the I-601 to be evaluated, we've decided that the trip needs to hang tight. Just in case he could be coming home at that same time, I want to have the time off of work to bring my hubby HOME!!!!!!! (L) (L) (L) (L) (L)

Don't feel guilty..you earned it. Its your right. Just wish I could go with u...LOL.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Does anyone else feel guilty about asking for time off from work? :blush:

:no: It's a benefit that you've earned. It would be like feeling bad about them giving you health insurance.

I know that in my head but my boss keeps coming around making comments about it and it grinds in my gut, ya know? And now I have to ask for yet another day since I goofed and thought I was leaving on Sat, not Fri and I'm *dreading* it. When I came back here they bridged my service so it's as if I were here for 11 years and I get 8 weeks of earned time in a year. She has only been here for about one year and only gets about 3 weeks so I think she's mad about that. Oh well. Nothing I can do but I"m definitely dreading when I ask for it off. :crying:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Does anyone in the Boston area buy halal meat?? We've been buying meat at Zamzam Foods in Norwood which has been good, but we're moving to Somerville in September and it'll be pain to drive all the way out there... I've been looking at reviews on zabihah.com, but I'm just curious if anyone has been to any of the halal markets in the Boston/Cambridge/Somerville area and liked what they found.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Does anyone in the Boston area buy halal meat?? We've been buying meat at Zamzam Foods in Norwood which has been good, but we're moving to Somerville in September and it'll be pain to drive all the way out there... I've been looking at reviews on zabihah.com, but I'm just curious if anyone has been to any of the halal markets in the Boston/Cambridge/Somerville area and liked what they found.

There are lots of places around here. We used to live in Cambridge, but now we're in Malden. We usually shop at the places in Revere, mostly Adam's right by Beachmont station. I'll ask Wadi later, too, because I'm sure he knows more of them. There are several in Malden/Revere/Everett, none of which are far from Somerville.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

hmmm thats one thing my fiance and i haven't really discussed....to halal or not halal?!

weather is hot here too, but not as bad as it will be in july/august/september. those are the hottest months in cali!

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Timeline

congrats on the bambino!! :thumbs:

deemabrouk would know of the halal stores. I don't really care about that. I just don't drink alcohol and don't eat pork but I'm not picky about how my meat gets to the table. :P

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Timeline

Nope. We're invited to two 4th of July parties, both of which will be serving pork of some kind but also serving other things like chicken and hamburgers. Neither Moh or I have a problem with it. We don't have to eat it, right?

also, would you be offended if you went to a dinner at your inlaws or friends and there was pork (but also other things to eat?)

Timeline

I dont' think he'd be offended. If I were hosting the party I wouldn't serve it though. I know I definitely would not be offended. I would just have to be on top of things though to make sure he doesn't eat any pork products since he would just assume there wasn't any there.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

oh good. sometimes i am worried because my dad is a pork fiend (makes it at least 4-5 times a week) and i hope my fiance wouldn't be offended if we happen to come over and thats what is served. but there's always side dishes like salad, potato, etc he can eat.

world-map.jpg

Timeline

It's rare when anyone in my family cooks pork so that wasn't really something I worried about. My family except for one sister is very health conscious and only eat fish and chicken with the very occasional steak in between.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

haha ! not the case with my family. i grew up on pork ALL THE TIME. like i said, at least 3x a week. and i know i can't ask my dad not to serve it if abdou comes over. if you knew my dad, you'd see why. lol

world-map.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.