The_dip_sticks

Humus and falafel

83 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

falafel in israel was by far the best i've ever had. they have a bar set up with all kinds of condiments and sauces you can add to your falafel after it is freshly fried right there. i'll dream of the falafel i had there for a lifetime! lol

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

falafel-king-game2.jpg

Has anyone ever played the King of Falafel game? I know this play this in many areas in MENA. The purpose of the game is - more or less - to fill pocket pita breads with falafel balls, salad, potato chips and tahini and eat it whole. If you are acquainted with this traditional constellation, you will probably find this game pretty amusing. If not, well… you should definitely try eating it sometime soon.:lol:

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

This thread had me jonesin' for falafel so baddddddddddddddddddddd on Monday...... so I called in an order to a local place and went to go pick it up on my way home from work.

I walk in and the guys looks at me all scared and says "Oh. I tried to call you back. We're out of falafel."

:blink:

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

I had to have shawerma instead.... and it wasn't "proper." Tasted fine but who the hell wraps it like a burrito and then slices it ??????? And it wasn't even carved off the pressed slab.... it was like regular chicken breast. And hardly any condiments except lettuce tomato cucumber and hummus. :crying:

Even worse -- the owner of this place is from Nablus !!!! ####### ?!?!?!?!?!??!!!!

:crying: :crying: :crying:

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

This thread had me jonesin' for falafel so baddddddddddddddddddddd on Monday...... so I called in an order to a local place and went to go pick it up on my way home from work.

I walk in and the guys looks at me all scared and says "Oh. I tried to call you back. We're out of falafel."

:blink:

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

I had to have shawerma instead.... and it wasn't "proper." Tasted fine but who the hell wraps it like a burrito and then slices it ??????? And it wasn't even carved off the pressed slab.... it was like regular chicken breast. And hardly any condiments except lettuce tomato cucumber and hummus. :crying:

Even worse -- the owner of this place is from Nablus !!!! ####### ?!?!?!?!?!??!!!!

:crying::crying::crying:

That is just soooo wrong on so many levels! :crying:

BTW I have all the goodies for Falafel but bread. :help:

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Timeline

I am permanently scarred by the experience.

Heyyy..... doesn't that big fancy specialty grocery store there in Houston have a bakery ? Maybe you can get some fresh bread special delivery ;)

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

I am permanently scarred by the experience.

Heyyy..... doesn't that big fancy specialty grocery store there in Houston have a bakery ? Maybe you can get some fresh bread special delivery ;)

Already placed my order ;) and a 15% discount so the "laughing cheese" is only $1.69. Now dn't you think that merits a road trip???? Or maybe we can arrange delivery service for you? :yes:

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
falafel in israel was by far the best i've ever had. they have a bar set up with all kinds of condiments and sauces you can add to your falafel after it is freshly fried right there. i'll dream of the falafel i had there for a lifetime! lol

I will admit that there is a Israeli place in Boston that had the best Falafel's.. I loved the pickels they put in it.. BUT i stopped going to them 3 years ago.. I go to a halal lebanese place in Brookline now

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

Timeline

I will admit that there is a Israeli place in Boston that had the best Falafel's.. I loved the pickels they put in it.. BUT i stopped going to them 3 years ago.. I go to a halal lebanese place in Brookline now

Have you tried the halal Turkish restaurant on Comm Ave in Allston? It's right at the end of the BU campus. I hear they do it up right but I've never had it there. I did have some other food there but I don't even remember what it was called 'cause someone else ordered it for me. They bake their bread fresh daily.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

They have some really good falafel in Israel. I mean after all.... they learned to make it from the masters ;) But Israelis have added their own ideas to the recipe, too -- different condiments, different additions to the recipe, and it's nice -- I've eaten a lot of great falafel in Israel.

But the West Bank version is still the best..... :dance:

Already placed my order ;) and a 15% discount so the "laughing cheese" is only $1.69. Now dn't you think that merits a road trip???? Or maybe we can arrange delivery service for you? :yes:

Hmmmmmmmmmm that could definitely be worth our while. We gonna have to make some plans, girl !

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Timeline

Have you tried the halal Turkish restaurant on Comm Ave in Allston? It's right at the end of the BU campus. I hear they do it up right but I've never had it there. I did have some other food there but I don't even remember what it was called 'cause someone else ordered it for me. They bake their bread fresh daily.

yeah its called Ashoura.. or A something.. its across from the Star market.. shaws whatever.. I know where it is and havent eatten there yet

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.