HAPPY DANCE

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Here it is

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=108665

Thanks again everyone and sorry. I'm not the best story teller

Good luck to everyone else

Love

Tim and Maricar in the PI

YEA Tim!!!!! Congratulations!! I could hear ya shouting clear over here!! I'm so very happy for the both of you!! :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

Edited by u2rsobad

K-1 Timeline:

May 31, 2007 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska

Oct. 22, 2007 - NOA2 Hard Copy received!! No email/website update.

Nov. 16, 2007 - Paperwork found & received by NVC!

Jan. 7, 2008 - Finally got the interview date

Jan. 28, 2008 - Interview!! Approved!!!

Feb. 12, 2008 - Arrives in USA!!!

Feb. 18, 2008 - Wedding Day!!!!!!

Feb. 19, 2008 - Apply for SSN

AOS Timeline:

Mar. 12, 2008 - Packet mailed (AOS, EAD, & AP)

Mar. 12, 2008 - Husband's SSN arrives

Mar. 14, 2008 - AOS pkt was delivered at 7:52 AM & signed for by V BUSTAMANTE.

Mar. 18, 2008 - Check cashed!!

Mar. 21, 2008 - NOA's for AOS, EAD & I-131!! (Dated 3-18-08)

Mar. 31, 2008 - Can finally see AP & EAD online!!

Apr. 10, 2008 - Biometrics finished! Can finally see AOS online & EAD touch!

May 12, 2008 - Email: AP approved!!

May 14, 2008 - Email: EAD approved!!

May 16, 2008 - EAD card & AP in hand!!

Sept 19, 2008 - Interview letter - Oct. 24th - Seattle??

Oct. 21, 2008 - A Touch..WOW!! The interviewer must've put it on his/her desk!

Oct. 24, 2008 - Interview..now back to waiting!

Nov 13, 2008 - Approved! Card Production Ordered...finally!!

Nov 24, 2008 - Card arrives!!!!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

B)-->

QUOTE(Team J and B @ Feb 4 2008, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OsLaraTamm,

You win!

Race you to the interview!

I guess it's just hit or miss when USCIS decides to do security check on the file. Most of the time people don't get checked. Days when there's a full room and the temperature is exactly 16 degrees I guess they play eenie meenie minie moe and pull a file outta their a$$ to do a sec check.

We should buy lotto tickets actually. We're the lucky ones.

Jay

We are still waiting for our approval, since 5th june...

Congrats to you and Lora.

Kelah and Ramiro

N400

Filed at AZ Lockbox

Filing date:--------2012-7-30

NOA1 date:----------2012-08-02

Biometrics:---------2012-08-31

Interview:----------2012-11-02 Approved!

Oath Ceremony:------2012-12-17

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
APPROVED!!!

HAPPY DANCE

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Here it is

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=108665

Thanks again everyone and sorry. I'm not the best story teller

Good luck to everyone else

Love

Tim and Maricar in the PI

Congratulations! Great news! You're finally going to be reunited. I'll be right behind you!

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hey Kelah.....Have you been talking to your Senator;s and Congressperson or the Omsbudsman....I think I bugged the hell out of them until they finally could not stand it anymore..........I have so much empathy for you guys.....It is probably the hardest thing I have ever been through......because there is no recourse....no help....no caring on USCIS part.........and it is very stressful on the relationship........I have been reading on the various thread about couples that do not make it and I can understand why....this is STRESSFUL....I hope you get your approval soon......... :yes::yes:

Lora

Timeline
Hey Kelah.....Have you been talking to your Senator;s and Congressperson or the Omsbudsman....I think I bugged the hell out of them until they finally could not stand it anymore..........I have so much empathy for you guys.....It is probably the hardest thing I have ever been through......because there is no recourse....no help....no caring on USCIS part.........and it is very stressful on the relationship........I have been reading on the various thread about couples that do not make it and I can understand why....this is STRESSFUL....I hope you get your approval soon......... :yes::yes:

Lora

I have talked to one person at my Congressperson's office who said she would see if she could do anything. That was 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything since. My lawyer has contacted USCIS to make an inquiry since our application is now 30 days beyond the processing time posted on the USCIS website for CSC.

What is the Ombudsman? Please tell me what you did and I will do it! We had a touch today, but who knows what that is for. Probably because our lawyer called last week. Our file has been in security check for at least 2 months now. Maybe more. Everyone says that there is nothing we can do. I would be grateful for any ideas...

We couldn't stand waiting any longer and I am now in Argentina with Ramiro. We decided to wait together, but its still frustrating to both of us to have our lives on hold (work, school) and to be waiting to start our lives together. Of course, you know what I am talking about.}

Thank you, Lora, for your support and advice.

Kelah and Ramiro

N400

Filed at AZ Lockbox

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

OsLoraTamm,

Hope you get married when you decide to get married. We were supposed to be married Feb. 2, 2008. Now I've to wait for the stars to realign and all the ants to face southwest before it's an auspicious day to get married.

u2rsobad,

Congratulations! That's a fast wedding! But good date, Feb. 18, 2008 are good solid even numbers. Very good date, actually.

Ganbatte ne!

kelah and ramiro,

We prolly have the same grumpy old fart working on our cases. He's prolly just waiting to collect his pension and kick the bucket. In fact, I keep wondering if some of them CIS employees got stood up by their foreign brides or their foreign wives ran off with a stud, hence the baditude and general a$$holeishness of the whole K1, K3 process. I wouldn't be surprised!

If you are in a bona fide relationship, all you can do is wait. When/if they ask for RFE, you provide it. It's all a matter of time and a waiting game to them. You're in it to win so play it. Give them everything they ask for, you've nothing to hide. All I can say is wait. I'm very very sorry to hear there are people waiting after me cuz that's just f*cked up.

Timeline

Lora

I have talked to one person at my Congressperson's office who said she would see if she could do anything. That was 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything since. My lawyer has contacted USCIS to make an inquiry since our application is now 30 days beyond the processing time posted on the USCIS website for CSC.

What is the Ombudsman? Please tell me what you did and I will do it! We had a touch today, but who knows what that is for. Probably because our lawyer called last week. Our file has been in security check for at least 2 months now. Maybe more. Everyone says that there is nothing we can do. I would be grateful for any ideas...

We couldn't stand waiting any longer and I am now in Argentina with Ramiro. We decided to wait together, but its still frustrating to both of us to have our lives on hold (work, school) and to be waiting to start our lives together. Of course, you know what I am talking about

Kelah and Ramiro

The omsbudsman can be reached on the department of homeland security website.....look under the USCIS section and look under omsbudsman section download the form and fax it in.......Virgil has done the same thing......I worked both Senator's and my Congressman.....they were sick of hearing from me.......I called emailed....called the customer service and directly to Vermont.......what a nightmare......inept is not even strong enough to tell you what I think about them.........I am so glad at least you can be with Ramiro........I found the separation the most difficult......Good Luck....Lora

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

B)-->

QUOTE(Team J and B @ Feb 4 2008, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
u2rsobad,

Congratulations! That's a fast wedding! But good date, Feb. 18, 2008 are good solid even numbers. Very good date, actually.

Ganbatte ne!

Arigato gozaimasu! It's not really fast when you consider we've been together 12 years! Since his insurance won't cover him when he leaves Japan to move here, and mine won't cover him until we get married, it works best all way round. We wanted the 8th or 22nd (I have a thing about 2's and 8's :) )but it won't work considering he can't be here by the 8th, so that one's out and the 22nd seemed to be bad timing for everyone else involved, so we settled for the 18th. The only sucky part is I can't even take the 19th off work :( Oh well, at least we'll finally be married! :thumbs:

K-1 Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Team J and B @ Feb 4 2008, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->u2rsobad,

Ganbatte ne!

Arigato gozaimasu! It's not really fast when you consider we've been together 12 years! Since his insurance won't cover him when he leaves Japan to move here, and mine won't cover him until we get married, it works best all way round. We wanted the 8th or 22nd (I have a thing about 2's and 8's :) )but it won't work considering he can't be here by the 8th, so that one's out and the 22nd seemed to be bad timing for everyone else involved, so we settled for the 18th. The only sucky part is I can't even take the 19th off work :( Oh well, at least we'll finally be married! :thumbs:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

Service Center : CSC

Consulate : Sweden - Stockholm

I-129F Sent : June 01 2007

I-129F NOA1 : June 12 2007

I-129F RFE(s) : November 17 2007

RFE Reply(s) : November 20 2007

I-129F NOA2 : December 10 2007

NVC Received : ?

NVC Left : January 02 2008

Consulate Received : ?

Packet 3 Received : January 09 2008

Packet 3 Sent : January 14 2008

Packet 4 Received : January 17 2008

Interview Date : January 30 2008 "All went just great"

US Entry: February 09 2008

WEDDING! February 16 2008

Timeline

Thanks and Congratulations to you also!! :) His arrival date will be just after yours..his last day of work is the 11th (his birthday) and he'll be here the 12th.

K-1 Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Thanks and Congratulations to you also!! :) His arrival date will be just after yours..his last day of work is the 11th (his birthday) and he'll be here the 12th.

Yeah right, but now here i comes my now concern: :unsure:

Somebody knows what would happen to all my documents which are in the famous sealed brown envelope when i am at the port of entrance in USA?

Will they just check it and give it all back to me or will they check it and keep it?

I ask because we plan to marry the first week I arrive, then we want right away to apply for AOS, but some of the original documents which are required for AOS apply

are in that envelope. Ah and i thought the stress part was done. :wacko:

Service Center : CSC

Consulate : Sweden - Stockholm

I-129F Sent : June 01 2007

I-129F NOA1 : June 12 2007

I-129F RFE(s) : November 17 2007

RFE Reply(s) : November 20 2007

I-129F NOA2 : December 10 2007

NVC Received : ?

NVC Left : January 02 2008

Consulate Received : ?

Packet 3 Received : January 09 2008

Packet 3 Sent : January 14 2008

Packet 4 Received : January 17 2008

Interview Date : January 30 2008 "All went just great"

US Entry: February 09 2008

WEDDING! February 16 2008

Timeline

Lora

We couldn't stand waiting any longer and I am now in Argentina with Ramiro. We decided to wait together, but its still frustrating to both of us to have our lives on hold (work, school) and to be waiting to start our lives together. Of course, you know what I am talking about

Kelah and Ramiro

The omsbudsman can be reached on the department of homeland security website.....look under the USCIS section and look under omsbudsman section download the form and fax it in.......Virgil has done the same thing......I worked both Senator's and my Congressman.....they were sick of hearing from me.......I called emailed....called the customer service and directly to Vermont.......what a nightmare......inept is not even strong enough to tell you what I think about them.........I am so glad at least you can be with Ramiro........I found the separation the most difficult......Good Luck....Lora

Lora,

Do you have the fax number where we can send the ombudsman appeal? All I can find is the mailing address, and as I am in Argentina now it could take quite awhile to get there (or may not get there at all) if I send it by mail. Or do you know where I can search for the fax number?

Thanks again for your help.

Kelah

N400

Filed at AZ Lockbox

Timeline

Lora

Kelah and Ramiro

Lora,

Do you have the fax number where we can send the ombudsman appeal? All I can find is the mailing address, and as I am in Argentina now it could take quite awhile to get there (or may not get there at all) if I send it by mail. Or do you know where I can search for the fax number?

Thanks again for your help.

Kelah

Kelah, Sorry I did not see you post....there is no fax but if you email the letter and completed form I will be glad to mail it for you....It will get there in no time I live 30 miles from Washington, dc....I would be glad to help you......pm me and will send you my email adress.....I am sorry you are still waiting it is so unfair....Lora

Via Regular Mail:

Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman

Department of Homeland Security

Attention: Case Problems

Mail Stop 1225

Washington, D.C. 20528-1225

Via Courier Service:

Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman

Attention: Case Problems

Department of Homeland Security

245 Murray Lane

Mail Stop 1225

Washington, D.C. 20528-1225

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey there...Ruth got her visa yesterday, February 13th!!!! Apparently it was a bit of a fiasco...she told me she was there for 10 hours. More details to follow. It's hard to believe...nearly 8 months to the day after sending in our application. But we finally made it. She should be here in 2 weeks...

K-1

6-16-07 Mailed in I-129F

6-26--07 NOA1

7-03-07 touched?

10-29-07 TOUCHED!! And Later in the day-APPROVED!!! (found out on line on the 30th)

11-06-07 received NOA2 in the mail

12-10-07 NVC received

12-12-07 Left NVC

01-14-08 USC received packet 3 in the mail

01-21-08 Fiancee received packet 3 in the mail

02-13-08 VISA ISSUED

02-27-08 Fiancee entered the country

03-20-08 Married! (First Day of Spring)

AOS, AP & EAD

03-29-08 Mailed in AOS, AP & EAD Application

04-04-08 NOAs for AOS, AP & EAD (arrived in mail APR 7)

4-11-08 letter for biometrics arrived in the mail

4-22-08 Biometrics

5-30-08 EAD and AP approved

06-06-2008 AP arrived in the mail

06-07-2008 EAD arrived in the mail

06-12-2008 AOS Approved

06-19-2008 Greencard in hand

Timeline
Hey there...Ruth got her visa yesterday, February 13th!!!! Apparently it was a bit of a fiasco...she told me she was there for 10 hours. More details to follow. It's hard to believe...nearly 8 months to the day after sending in our application. But we finally made it. She should be here in 2 weeks...

Congratulations!! :dance::dance::dance:

Wow..that's a long time at the embassy..please let us know what happened!

K-1 Timeline:

AOS Timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.