jundp

German and American couples

82 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

What part of Germany? I came from Vilseck which is also in southern germany (bavaria)

As for cultural/customs/traditions changes ... I grew up in the US. I left back to Germany in 2002 and for me, adjusting to Germany again was a huge challenge.

Oh, yeah, I believe you. I already had a hard time going back to Germany after living in the U.S. for only 13 months. But now I live in the U.S. and I miss Germany like crazy.

How is your German? Do you still live in Germany right now?

Is that your daughter in the picture? She is a cutie...

Oh, I went to Ikea yesterday and bought that bread mix (besides 1000 other things - I can never go to Ikea and not buy anything). I will try it out soon...

Timeline:

04/19/06 - filed for K-1

01/10/07 - finally interview in Frankfurt

01/26/07 - entered the States, reunion with Miguel

03/30/07 - Wedding Day

04/20/07 - sent AOS

05/31/07 - 1st infopass

07/23/07 - 2nd infopass

08/03/07 - 3rd infopass,

10/22/07 - interview - greencard approved!

11/03/07 - had greencard in mail!!

blackribbonsmall.png

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey everybody, I want to get married in the states in december. and the court house homepage says i need a crime record "führungszeugnis" for it. anyone did that before and needed one? i know i need a passport and maybe a birth certificate but the crime record is new for me. i could only get a german one. does that matter? i mean all it says is my name and " no entries"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
could anyone please answer my question? i would really apreciate your help. i don't want to go there and prepare for my wedding and then things like that will stop me from doing it. :help:

Thank you guys

never heard of this requirement before - however, every state and sometimes every county has their own regulations when it comes to marriage licenses etc. Why don't you get married somewhere where they don't have this requirement for a crime record?

Hey everybody, I want to get married in the states in december. and the court house homepage says i need a crime record "führungszeugnis" for it. anyone did that before and needed one? i know i need a passport and maybe a birth certificate but the crime record is new for me. i could only get a german one. does that matter? i mean all it says is my name and " no entries"

Christin,

If all you want to do is get married in the US (assuming you just want to get married here, and not immigrate - as in on a K1 visa.) - you don't need a führungszeugnis. :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
What part of Germany? I came from Vilseck which is also in southern germany (bavaria)

As for cultural/customs/traditions changes ... I grew up in the US. I left back to Germany in 2002 and for me, adjusting to Germany again was a huge challenge.

Ok, it's been weeks since I posted. P was here for 6 weeks and I just got back from the airport dropping him off. This is our 5th trip like this, so the goodbyes are getting easier, in that we don't sob uncontrollably for as long now. It's so crazy. We know we're going to be together eventually and that we can totally do this (we've been doing it for 18 months now already) but man these goodbyes are hard. The countdown to Christmas vacation begins now :)

Anyway, P is from Langenau, near Ulm. I think that is Baden-Wuertemberg?

And we found the World Market spread btw :) And all the Haribo candy. My grocery store sells heaps of Ritter Sport but I haven't heard of the rum kind. Hmm...might have to check that out.

A quick question, does anyone know if the Weinachtsmarkt is still going on the weekend before Christmas this year?

OK, I'm going to lay in bed and pretend he's just at the store :)

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.