alabastron

regarding K2 follow to join

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone! I'm new here, really need your help on this...please... :help:

I'm already here in the US and got approved on my AOS :dance: , we are planning on going back to PI for my son(6 y.o.). I came here on K1, he was included in the petition but we decided that he just have to follow later.

Questions:

1.WHERE DO I START?

2.REGARDING THE MEDICAL, HOW AM I GOING TO GET AN APPOINTMENT FROM THEM?

3.DO I NEED TO CALL THEM ABOUT THIS OR SEND SOMETHING FIRST?

4.WHAT IS THE TIMELINE FOR K2 FOLLOW TO JOIN?

I have read some of the requirements, is this all of it?

PASSPORT

DS-156(2copies)

VISA PHOTOS

MEDICAL EXAM

BC

AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT(Form I-134)

VISA FEE

Thank you so much for your time...=)

I'm already here in the US and got approved on my AOS :dance: , we are planning on going back to PI for my son(6 y.o.). I came here on K1, he was included in the petition but we decided that he just have to follow later.

Questions:

1.WHERE DO I START?

PASSPORT

DS-156(2copies)

VISA PHOTOS

MEDICAL EXAM

BC

VISA FEE

Did you fill out a DS 156K and put anaks name and check "follow" when you did your visa application?

Edited by beckypua

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Timeline

Questions:

1.WHERE DO I START?

PASSPORT

DS-156(2copies)

VISA PHOTOS

MEDICAL EXAM

BC

VISA FEE

Did you fill out a DS 156K and put anaks name and check "follow" when you did your visa application?

Yes we did all that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My daughter followed-to-join me with a K-2 visa. She wanted to finish high school in Canada, so we waited until she finished for her to move to the U.S.

The K-2 Visa must be in your hands within one year of you receiving your K-1 Visa, so you must start the process allowing lots of time for processing. We just made it within the year for my daughter. I received my K-1 visa on June 10, 2004 and my daughter received her K-2 visa on May 26, 2005 (with only a couple of weeks to spare).

We started her K-2 process by faxing in form DS-230 to the Consulate where she would be interviewed (the same consulate that I went through for my K-1 interview). Then, I had her medical exam done, received her police certificate, obtained written permission from her biological Dad giving his permission for her to come to the U.S. to live with me, got her passport photos and long form birth certificate, and then requested an interview date. I attended the interview with her, paid the visa fee ($100.00 US) and we received her visa later that day. It was a very simple procedure because she was a K-2 following-to-join and the only question they asked her at her interview was why she did not accompany me to the U.S. at the same time as I did. She answered that she wanted to finish high school with her friends, and that was it.

When did you receive your K-1 visa? Is it possible to obtain the K-2 visa within a year of your K-1 visa in your opinion?

Good luck.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Timeline
My daughter followed-to-join me with a K-2 visa. She wanted to finish high school in Canada, so we waited until she finished for her to move to the U.S.

The K-2 Visa must be in your hands within one year of you receiving your K-1 Visa, so you must start the process allowing lots of time for processing. We just made it within the year for my daughter. I received my K-1 visa on June 10, 2004 and my daughter received her K-2 visa on May 26, 2005 (with only a couple of weeks to spare).

We started her K-2 process by faxing in form DS-230 to the Consulate where she would be interviewed (the same consulate that I went through for my K-1 interview). Then, I had her medical exam done, received her police certificate, obtained written permission from her biological Dad giving his permission for her to come to the U.S. to live with me, got her passport photos and long form birth certificate, and then requested an interview date. I attended the interview with her, paid the visa fee ($100.00 US) and we received her visa later that day. It was a very simple procedure because she was a K-2 following-to-join and the only question they asked her at her interview was why she did not accompany me to the U.S. at the same time as I did. She answered that she wanted to finish high school with her friends, and that was it.

When did you receive your K-1 visa? Is it possible to obtain the K-2 visa within a year of your K-1 visa in your opinion?

Good luck.

Thanks for the info.

I received my K1 visa NOV. 21, 2006.

When did you start with the K2 process? Was wondering about the timeline..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I faxed Form DS-230, Part I to the Consulate on April 6, 2005, her medical exam was done on April 20, 2005 and my daughter's K-2 interview was May 26, 2005. She moved to the U.S. on September 5, 2005 (the K-2 visa is valid for 6 months, just like the K-1 visa).

I originally emailed the Consulate in early 2005 to inquire about what I needed to do to start the K-2 process. They were very helpful to me in the process.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Since your visa was issued Nov 21, 2006, the k-2 would need to be issued by Nov 21, 2007. since I'm sure you are aware of how long it takes to get an interview in Manila, would suggest you start the process as soon as possible.

I would sugest calling the Embassy at 011-63-528-6300 to see what is required to get an appointment. you will also need the DS-157 for the K-2 visa application. the DS-230 is not used in Manila.

also I would suggest posting this in the Philippines forum. someone there might have had experience with K-2 follow to join.

best of luck.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Timeline
I faxed Form DS-230, Part I to the Consulate on April 6, 2005, her medical exam was done on April 20, 2005 and my daughter's K-2 interview was May 26, 2005. She moved to the U.S. on September 5, 2005 (the K-2 visa is valid for 6 months, just like the K-1 visa).

I originally emailed the Consulate in early 2005 to inquire about what I needed to do to start the K-2 process. They were very helpful to me in the process.

Oh ok. I'll do that, or maybe call them and ask about it.

Hope the processing time will be fast too in PI.

Thank you so much for your help.

By the way where do you used to live in Canada? I have an Uncle there, he's in Victoria B.C.? Is that right?

I'd call Manila. Manila can be very slow answering emails.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Timeline
Since your visa was issued Nov 21, 2006, the k-2 would need to be issued by Nov 21, 2007. since I'm sure you are aware of how long it takes to get an interview in Manila, would suggest you start the process as soon as possible.

I would sugest calling the Embassy at 011-63-528-6300 to see what is required to get an appointment. you will also need the DS-157 for the K-2 visa application. the DS-230 is not used in Manila.

also I would suggest posting this in the Philippines forum. someone there might have had experience with K-2 follow to join.

best of luck.

Thanks for the info Roy and Yazi.

My husband and I will do that.

=)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.