AmericanSoldier

Immigration through Point of Entry in U.S.

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Good Afternoon Everyone,

My wife just received her CR-1 Visa from the U.S. Embassy in Thailand. She will be immigrating to Texas in July to stay with my mother and father as I am currently deployed to Iraq in the U.S. Army.

My questions is what can she expect to happen once she reaches her first point of entry into Dallas, Texas?

I am trying to give her as much information ahead of time so she will not be walking into this blind.

Also is it going to be an issue for her to enter by herself as I can not be with her because I am serving overseas in the military. Should I have an offical letter type up with a copy of my orders explaining my absense to the immigration officer?

My parents are planning on meeting her there after she gets through immigration and customs.

Also does any one else know if there is another place in Texas that can be used as a point of entry for immigrant? Or is Dallas the only authorized spot. My parents live in San Marcos, Texas which is four hours away from Dallas so I am wondering if there is a closer Airport that she would be allowed to fly into. (Austin, San Antonio)

Thanks for the help.

Adam

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Adam,

First of all, congrats on your wife getting approved! Also, good on you for all that you're doing over there in Iraq. I hope you get to come off deployment sooner rather than later to be with your lovely wife!

It won't be a problem that your wife is coming into the country alone. A lot of people come across together but many more come by themselves! (Myself included, also in July).

Hopefully someone can answer your question about the Texas POE, I'm heading to LAX myself.

Good luck!

Jess

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.